April 30th, 2010
After the slowest week in history (for me anyway), it's finally FRIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAYY!! ) Not that I'm excited or anything..
- Anyway, kicking off the weekend is Ladies' Night at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. As well as drinks offers for the fairer sex, we also get to do some shopping, courtesy of Lovit Boutique, Luxshoeri.com and Chrysalis Cosmetics – see here for details.
- Beginning this Sunday, May 2nd, Sea Breeze Terrace presents the Sizzling Summer entertainment programme sponsored by the Bermuda Department of Tourism. From Sunday until June 13th, musical entertainment by The Bermuda Showcase of Talented Teens from various schools across the island, will begin at 4pm. Then, from June 20th until July 25th, entertainment will be The Legacy of Jazz, Rock and Roll, Reggae and Soul and will kick off at 7pm. Outdoor dining, drinks and entertainment sounds like a pretty nice way to round off the weekend to me! Click here for the poster with the weekly schedule – for reservations and information call 236-9884.
- Cambridge Beaches also have limited space still available for their Psychic Retreat, where you can join world-famous Psychic Development Teacher Jayne Wallace (no relation to John) on May 8th and 9th from 10am until 5pm. Jayne has led similar workshops in the USA, Fiji, and the UK. For more information on this event go to www.cambridgebeaches.com/specials. Local Rates can be combined with this offer and if you cannot make the retreat, Jayne is available for private readings (which will be recorded and emailed to you) at $100 per 30 minutes. To book, call 234-3636 .
- Any Motown fans out there? You might be interested in Nadanja's Mother's Day Comedy Soul Jam at the Fairmont Southampton Princess's Mid-Ocean Ampitheatre, on Sunday, May 9th. This show features Glenn Leonard, the last original member of one of the most successful music groups in history, The Temptations, perrforming live. The show also feature G.C. Cameron, Spike Davis, Cory Fernandez, Sia Spence and Shine Hayward – here's the flyer! The Princess are offering a special package, which includes, one night luxury accommodation with private balcony and ticket(s) to the Comedy Soul Jam Concert. Rates start at $309 per night for a Fairmont Room based on double occupancy. Tax, gratuities and resort levy are not included. Click here for details on the Fairmont Package.. If you just want tickets on their own, contact Image Entertainment - regular tickets are $60 and VIP tickets (including dinner, two drinks and a gift bag) are $100.
- Dance lovers might also want to see the In Motion School of Dance 13th Annual Dance Showcase ‘Legendary’ from Friday, May 7th until Saturday, May 15th. This year's show is being billed as an exciting, fast paced, homage to the legends of history, film, theatre, and lore. Tickets are $30 and available from www.bdatix.com.
- Guitar aficionados should know about the 7th Annual Bermuda Guitar Festival from May 27th until the 30th. This is a selection of concerts, masterclasses and workshops at St. Andrew's Church on Church Street, and featuring Louis Southwood, Steve Crawford, Adam Rafferty, Nick Russo & Betina Hershey, The Brasil Guitar Duo and a Student Gala Concert. The Student Gala concert is free and all other tickets are $30 and available on www.bdatix.com. Details are on this flyer or at www.bdatix.com.
- If this weekend's Festival Latino isn't enough hip-whipping shenanigans for you, tickets for Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" are on sale now at www.bdatix.com! Every year the BermudaSalsa.com Group, through its production company SalsaMania Productions, stages Broadway-style Latin dance and music showcases at the Southampton Princess. This involves a whole host of associated events (including an island cruise, beach party, shopping night..) from the 11th until the 17th of August, although the main attraction will be the show followed by social dancing at Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre. Prices vary depending on which event(s) you go to so have a nosey through www.bermudasalsa.com to see what you fancy – some of the events are my favourite price, i.e. free! Here's the flyer .
- Cambridge Beaches again – their $199 Local Rate has been extended through the month of May and this price is inclusive of breakfast and afternoon tea. Call 234 0331 ext.242 for reservations.
- And lastly Cambridge Beaches spa are offering a limited edition 50 minute "Radiance & Energy" Vitalizing Seasonal Facial incorporating raspberry and rhubarb, both rich in vitamin C. For the month of May, this will be at a special price of $126.50, inclusive of gratuity and subject to availability – call 234-3636 for reservations.
- Also, for anyone who doesn't know, the Tiki Bar at Lemon Tree is open from 11am to 11pm during the week – it's nice to have another outdoor place to go for a quiet drink during the summer!
BMDS String of Pearls – April 22nd to 24th and 29th to May 1st
Festival Latino - April 30th to May 5th
Catlin End to End – May 1st
Some Enchanted Evening 2010 After Dark – May 1st
Sea Breeze Sizzling Summer Launch - May 2nd
Where the Whales Sing – May 6th
Weekend of Inspiration featuring the Songs of Solomon – May 6th to 9th
First Newstead Happy Hour of 2010 – May 7th
For the Love of Chocolate Wine-Tasting Event – May 7th
First Annual Four Seasons City Art Festival - May 7th to 9th
In Motion School of Dance 13th Annual Dance Showcase ‘Legendary’ – May 7th to 15th
Cambridge Beaches Psychic Retreat – May 8th to 9th
Nadanja's Mother's Day Comedy Soul Jam – May 9th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda Ceilidh – May 15th
Stephen Wiltshire at BNG – May 17th to 23rd
G&S The History Boys – May 19th to 22nd
Stephen Wiltshire Gala Event – May 22nd
7th Annual Bermuda Guitar Festival - May 27th until the 30th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
I have a feeling this is going to be a great weekend – have a good one guys!