May 12th, 2010
My advice to you all this week – wear sunscreen!! Just trust me.. If anyone else is in a tremendous amount of pain and needs distractions, here is what's coming up:
- Sometimes it's nice to play tourist, even when you're at home and this looks like a good way to explore some of the cultural heritage of Bermuda from past to present. The African Diaspora Heritage Trail (ADHT) in Bermuda represents significant aspects of local heritage, traditions and customs. This comprehensive two hour tour encompasses fifteen captivating ADHT sites of Bermuda’s Diaspora from the Royal Naval Dockyard to the city of Hamilton. Here is the flyer for anyone who is interested.
- After taking a break for a few years, Park Party 2010 is back. Obviously, it didn't always have the 2010 part in the title… Anyway, this is being billed as the first big party of the summer and is brought to you by the joint efforts of Tuff Dogs and Off Level Promotions. This will be kicking off at 5pm on Friday, May 21st until 2am at Barr's Bay Park and will feature live bands and Bermuda's hottest DJs (Y.G.S. and OB1), Tuff Dogs Shooter Bar, crazy Happy Hour prices from 5-7, food stalls, giveaways, special guests and other surprises. Tickets available soon from Sound Stage, The Tuff Dogs and the Off Level Crew – I don't have details on pricing yet.
- Tomorrow's Voices Bermuda Autism Early Intervention Centre, who provide Applied Behaviour Analysis therapy to children on the autism spectrum, are hosting a special fundraiser on Friday, May 28th. Hold on to your Manolos girls, as this will take the form of the Bermuda Premier Screening of the Sex and the City II Movie! There are two different screenings, both at Speciality Cinema, with the premier parties being hosted by Lusso. One will start right at 5pm, with the film at 6.30pm, and the other will start at 8pm, will the film screening at 10pm. They will also be having a raffle, and some of the prizes include two tickets to NYC, 4 to stay at the Princess, free makeovers and make-up from MAC. Tickets are $50, include the movie/party ticket, complimentary drinks, sushi and nibbles, and are available from Secrets in Washington Mall. Full details are on the flyer here. A great cause and an even better excuse to round up the girls methinks!
- The Bermuda Environmental Alliance (BEA) are hosting a private gala, An Indian Night for Planet Earth, on Tuesday, June 8th from 6pm in The Harborview Room, Fairmont Hamilton Princess. The evening will include exotic Indian food, a sneak preview of BEA mini-series aired on Discovery Channel Canada, musical entertainment, Bollywood dances, raffle prizes, exciting Indian vegetarian recipes, and much more. Cocktails will be from 6pm until 7pm when the buffet dinner will begin, and the dress code is smart casual with Indian attire encouraged. Tickets are $200 per person or $1800 per table of 10 and available online from www.bermudatix.bm. You can see the flyer here or visit www.Bermuda-bea.org for more information. It's not often that you get the chance to eat curry for a good cause!
- Coming soon, the Newport Race, which starts on Friday, June 18th. Looks like a lot is coming up and details are starting to appear on www.bermudarace.com.
African Diaspora Heritage Trail – May 1st to August 31st
In Motion School of Dance 13th Annual Dance Showcase ‘Legendary’ – May 7th to 15th
Inner Sanctum Salon and Spa Open Night - May 13th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda Ceilidh – May 15th
Stephen Wiltshire at BNG – May 17th to 23rd
G&S The History Boys – May 19th to 22nd
Cambridge Beaches Blind Wine Tasting – May 21st
Park Party 2010 – May 21st
Stephen Wiltshire Gala Event – May 22nd
7th Annual Bermuda Guitar Festival - May 27th until the 30th
SATC 2 Premier - May 28th
An Indian Night for Planet Earth - June 8th
Newport Race – June 18th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
How much would you have loved to be the responding officer to this call? I love it when stuff like this happens in the world:
MONKEY NEWS: I'm sure this was terrifying for them but I still find it absolutely hilarious. Does this mean I'm going to hell?:
Enjoy the rest of the week!