May 6th, 2010
Hope you all celebrated Cinco de Mayo last night – any excuse to wear a sombrero is fine by me! Here's what's coming up:
- Anyone at a loose end tonight might be interested in the Sharon Wilson Lecture at the Bermuda National Gallery. Entitled A Bermudian Artist with a Social Agenda, Sharon, an acclaimed Bermudian artist with her own school of art, will speak on solutions for Bermuda's people and her social challenges. The reception is at 5.30pm, the reception is at 6pm and the cost is $10 for members and $20 non-members. See www.bermudanationalgallery.com for more details.
- Newstead Happy Hour is back tomorrow night! Newstead's favourite band, Working Title, will be performing and the complimentary shuttle ferry will be running every 30 minutes from 5pm until 10pm. What's that, you can't wait that long for your Newstead fix? Don't worry, because Bermuda's Emerging Professionals (BEPRO) will celebrate its first year there tonight at its Annual Bash. The event will take place from 5.30pm until 8.30pm and is open to current members as well as supporters and those interested in learning more about BEPRO. There will be complimentary BEPRO cocktails and food, happy hour prices at the cash bar, and door prizes.
- Inner Sanctum Salon and Spa will be celebrating the official opening of their new colour lounge next Thursday, May 13th from 5.30pm until 8pm, with complimentary refreshments, flyers and discounts. Here is the flyer with full details.
- Any wine buffs out there might want to test your knowledge at the Cambridge Beaches Blind Wine Tasting on Friday, May 21st from 6.30pm until 8pm. There will be 8 select wines, 4 white, 4 red and the participant who proves to be the best connoisseur will win a valuable prize. The price is set at $45 per person plus gratuities and includes the cheese and canapes served as well. For more information, or to be a part of this event, call 234 0331 ext.341 or email the Resident Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Just in time for Mother's Day, Elbow Beach Spa are having a few special offers – please see the flyer here.
Where the Whales Sing - May 6th
Sharon Wilson Lecture at the BNG - May 6th
BEPRO Annual Bash – May 6th
Weekend of Inspiration featuring the Songs of Solomon – May 6th to 9th
First Newstead Happy Hour of 2010 – May 7th
For the Love of Chocolate Wine-Tasting Event – May 7th
First Annual Four Seasons City Art Festival – May 7th to 9th
In Motion School of Dance 13th Annual Dance Showcase ‘Legendary’ – May 7th to 15th
Cambridge Beaches Psychic Retreat – May 8th to 9th
Nadanja's Mother's Day Comedy Soul Jam – May 9th
Inner Sanctum Salon and Spa Open Night - May 13th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda Ceilidh – May 15th
Stephen Wiltshire at BNG – May 17th to 23rd
G&S The History Boys – May 19th to 22nd
Cambridge Beaches Blind Wine Tasting – May 21st
Stephen Wiltshire Gala Event – May 22nd
7th Annual Bermuda Guitar Festival - May 27th until the 30th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
Don't view on an empty stomach – this may be the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life!!
Enjoy the downwards slope to the weekend!