June 23rd, 2010
Morning lovely people!
Hmmm…just when I thought I had let you all know everything going on in June, I find a whole load of new stuff! Ah well, no rest for the wicked, here goes:
- Anyone who thinks that it's not quite summer unless you're dancing around in soapsuds will be pleased to know about the Foam Party at Snorkel Park tonight from 11pm until 3am. Entry is $10 (unless you are cruise ship crew, in which case it's free entry with ID) and two-for-one rum swizzles all night. Swimwear is encouraged and Top 40 music is by DJ OB1. Here's the flyer.
- Now, as you know, Thursdays at Lemon Tree are Wine and Tapas Thursday, however this week will be a little different. From 5pm until 9pm, they will be joined by Brian Drea from Goslings and a selection of reds and whites from regions around the world will be available to taste. Food and wine pairings will also be available and you can contact 292-0235 or email@example.com for reservations.
- For anyone wondering about the Anniversary Regatta Party Post Race Party at Barr's Bay Park on Friday, there is no cover charge, you just have to buy drinks tickets.
- The legendary Heineken Full Moon Party at Snorkel Beach is back this Saturday and from 10pm, you can channel your inner werewolf with DJs Einstien and Fozzy, and MC Super Dave. There will be a beach bonfire, cocktail specials, late night kitchen, percussionists, Top 40 DJs and if you bring your congos, bongos, and drums, you'll get free entry! There will be a 3:15am ferry to town available and the cost is $20 or $10 for members. Here's the flyer.
- Hamilton Princess are offering a special Girls' Long Weekend Away Package, which includes three-night accommodation in a room category of your choice, Oyster and Chablis Night in Heritage Court (Thursday night), one afternoon tea per person, $150 spa credit for either the Inverurie Day Spa at HP or Willow Stream at The Fairmont Southampton (gratuities for Spa not included). Taxes, gratuities (except for spa grats) and resort levy are included and the package is valid year-round, for stays from Thursday to Sunday night, subject to availability. Price from $1345 per room based on double occupancy for three nights. For more details or to book, click here.
Foam Party at Snorkel Park - June 23rd
Jackson School of Performing Arts Dance Recital – June 23rd to 26th
7th Annual Bishop’s Luncheon – June 24th
Lemon Tree Wine and Tapas Thursday with Goslings – June 24th
Anniversary Regatta Party Post Race Party – June 25th
Rubber Duck Derby – June 26th
2nd Annual Swizzle King Final - June 26th
The Three Cantors Concert – June 26th
Last Bull's Head Farmers' Market – June 26th
Canada Day Beach Party – June 26th
Full Moon Party at Snorkel Beach – June 26th
Rockin' de Rock – July 4th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - July 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – July 28th
12th Annual College Students Networking Event – July 22nd
Hamilton Princess History Tour - August 14th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival - September 30th to October 2nd
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – December 2nd
This is a horrible story from an animal rights point of view but it’s also the most surreal opening line I have ever seen in the news:
MONKEY NEWS: It turns out that even King Kong is scared of the doctor:
Does anyone read this far down? I'm just wondering….anyway, have a great week!