June 29th, 2010
Hope you all had a great weekend. I managed to upgrade myself from half-girl-half-lobster-creature to girl-with-a-slight-tan at some point over the past couple of weeks so I'm very excited about that! Anway, down to business:
- Hurray, BMDS are putting on a new show! Fahrenheit 451, based on the classic dystopian novel by Ray Bradbury, will be showing from July 1st until July 9th (except Sunday the 4th). Showtime is 8pm at Daylesford Theatre and tickets are $25 and available by phone at 292-0848 during office hours or online from www.bmds.bm outside of box office hours. For further information contact producers email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or see the flyer here.
- From Wednesday, July 7th until Saturday the 17th, there will be an exclusive Live Music Event at the Lido Complex. It's not often that you get to see Grammy award-winning Latin artists for free but that's exactly what you're getting here with David Oquendo, Cuban Guitarist, and Willy Torres, Puerto Rican percussionist! Bermuda’s own guitarist Armando Solis will also be performing. Live Latin music will be from 7pm until 11pm and social dancing will be from 9pm until 1am. Here's the flyer.
- Robin Hood have kindly sent me details of what they have going on right now. Firstly is their College Games Night, every Wednesday until the end of August. All are welcome and they will be having Beer Pong, Flip Cup and Boat Races with loads of drink specials, including a bucket of 6 Heineken for $25, pints of Carlsberg for $5.50 and free jello shots with purchase of alcoholic beverages. I obviously didn't party enough as a student since I never got to play any of these games… :o( Anyway, they have great prizes weekly and their Grand Finale prize at the end of August will be a Nintendo Wii. View this photo. Also, they are open all day everyday during the World Cup showing all the games, with Bucket Specials on Heineken, Amstel, Corona and Budweiser available, as well as Becks for $4. Every Tuesday is Quiz Night, 8pm start and $10 entry for teams of four. If that isn't enough RH action for you, on Saturdays, they have jam session nights with open mic for anyone who wants to hear, or even play some live music. Their new menus are out and they have upgraded to all Certified Angus Beef and fresh produce – they are the Best of Bermuda Award winners for Pub Food.
- Willow Stream are offering a Flip-Flop Facial – no, it's not a weird new technique, you just have to book their 90-minute Ultimate Facial at a special reduced rate of $239 (a $30 savings) and they’ll throw in a pair of fabulous fashion flip flops. Details are on this link.
- Bermuda.com have launched a new website dedicated solely to Cup Match – www.BermudaCupMatch.com. The vast majority of you will be very familiar with what Cup Match entails but any island newbies or tourists might want to check out the History section for some background of the biggest holiday of the year.
Fahrenheit 451 - July 1st to 9th
Rockin' de Rock – July 4th
Salsamania Live Music Event at the Lido Complex - July 7th to 17th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - July 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – July 28th
CUP MATCH - July 29th to Augst 1st
12th Annual College Students Networking Event – July 22nd
Hamilton Princess History Tour - August 14th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival - September 30th to October 2nd
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – December 2nd
Enjoy the rest of the week!