June 4th, 2010
Let's hope that this gorgeous weather keeps up for the weekend! Anyway, there's lots coming up so here is Part 2, as promised:
- Blu are hosting a Special Wine-Tasting Dinner with wine producer Paolo De Marchi from Isole e Olena. This will be on Monday, June 7th from 5pm until 9pm. Here is a copy of the menu – the price isn't on there but I called them and it's $120 per head, which is inclusive of wines and gratuities.
- A.S. Cooper MAN and C Travel invite you to a Private Shopping Evening in support of Men’s Health Awareness Month. This will be on Thursday, June 10th from 6pm until 8pm. Just donate $5 or more and receive a special one night only shopping pass. All donations received will go towards Men’s Health Awareness and there will be discounts and savings throughout the store. A good opportunity to get your Father's Day gift sorted (it's on June 20th)! Click here for the flyer!
- Speaking of Father's Day, Willow Stream at the Southampton Princess have a special offer – for every $200 Willow Stream Gift Card you purchase, you’ll receive a $25 credit in the Spa Boutique to personalize your gift for him (or use the credit to give yourself a treat). Just mention Spring Free Offers when booking.
- Everyone in Bermuda seems to have their own Rum Swizzle recipe but do you think your's can compete with the best of the best? If so, you should enter the 2nd Annual Swizzle King Competition where mixologists from near and far come to vie for the title of the Swizzle King! There will be three preliminary rounds, Monday, June 14th at Destination Dockyard, Tuesday, June 15th at St. Georges Market Night and Wednesday, June 16th at Harbour Night. Preliminary rounds will be $7 to sample all contestants' swizzle. The final will be on Saturday, June 26th at Lemon Tree, starting at 10pm. Music will be provided by DJ Rusty G and DJ Chub. Admission is $20 in advance, $30 at the door and tickets will be sold at Makin Waves one week prior to the finals. For more information, see this flyer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the success of their SATC2 Premier, Tomorrow's Voices is doing another great fundraiser – That's What Friends Are 4 Raffle. Raffle tickets are $100 each and the lucky winners will win one of two packages of 11 great prizes in sets of 4 so that you can share your prizes with the three lucky people of your choice. Only 400 tickets will be printed so get them from Secrets or from the board, staff and parents of Tomorrow's Voices before they're all gone! The draw date is June 21st and all funds raised will go directly into Tomorrow's Voices so we can continue to provide service to Children with Autism. The prizes look amazing – and are outlined on the flyer here. The winners will have an incredible summer, that's for sure!
- The 7th Annual Bishop’s Luncheon for Catholic members of the Bermuda business community and their invited guests will be held on Thursday, June 24th at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess starting at 12 noon. Tickets are available at www.bdatix.com and aminimum donation of $75 is required.
- Coming to Bermuda on Saturday, June 26th are The Three Cantors, singing sensations from the Anglican Church of Canada, The Reverend David Pickett, the Reverend Bill Cliff and the Venerable Peter Wall, with their organ accompanist, Angus Sinclair, in a mixed performance of folk songs, Broadway tunes, Spirituals, original compositions and classic church favourites. Tickets are $25 for general admission, $50 for patrons and available from www.bdatix.com.
- Ever wondered how your rubber duckie can help benefit a charity? If so, you are a complete weirdo but you’ll probably want to attend The 14th Annual Glow in the Dark Duck Derby Race & Party, billed as exciting evening of fun, food, drink, dancing, duck racing and prizes with proceeds to benefit Agape House, our island's only hospice. This will take place on Saturday, June 26th from 7pm until midnight at “The Old House”, 3 Point Shares, Pembroke. Dress is smart casual and the cost of $100 per person includes food and drink all night. For tickets or more details, please contact Carolyn.Hill@catlin.com. Here's the flyer!
- Are you one of those women (or men) who can walk better in heels than in flats? Why not prove it by participating in Pump It Up, the 2nd Annual High Heel Race on Wednesday, June 30th, during Harbour Nights? This is a fundraiser in support of Bermuda Hospitals Charitable Trust and Bermuda Red Cross. If you are interested in registering, they will have a booth at Harbour Nights next week, or alternatively, you can register online at www.bdatix.bm. Full details are on www.bhct.bm. Here's the poster.
- I mentioned this in the last post but Bermuda.com have added an extra section about the Preferred Visitor Card to their website for us locals! See http://www.bermuda.com/locals/detail/15581.html for details.
BSOA What's in a Name? Wine-Tasting - June 4th
Annual Majorette, Dance and Gombey Extravaganza - June 5th
Blu Special Wine-Tasting Dinner – June 7th
An Indian Night for Planet Earth - June 8th
Where the Whales Sing– June 10th
A Special Hour of Dance - June 10th
A.S. Coopers Private Shopping Evening - June 10th
MR Onions Booze Cruise – June 11th
2nd Annual Swizzle King Preliminaries – June 14th to 16th
Newport Race – June 18th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - June 19th
Culture Shock "Peace inna de Streetz" - June 19th
That's What Friends Are 4 Raffle Draw - June 21st
Jackson School of Performing Arts Dance Recital – June 23rd to 26th
7th Annual Bishop’s Luncheon – June 24th
Rubber Duck Derby – June 26th
2nd Annual Swizzle King Final - June 26th
The Three Cantors Concert – June 26th
Pump it Up – June 30th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - July 17th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - August 14th
Bermuda Music Festival - September 30th to October 2nd
It's finally Friday – hope you all have a fantastic weekend!