July 12th, 2010
Hope you all had a good weekend!
- Snorkel Park Beach are inviting you to a FREE Island Beach Party tonight from 7pm until 10pm. This is being billed as a night of exciting live local entertainment and features limbo competitions, island dancers, Rum Swizzle specials, conga lines, beach contests, steel pan drumming and Island Music (soca, reggae, calypso and more). You'll also get complimentary entry into their Top 40, open-air Video DJ Nightclub hosted by the internationally infamous MC Super Dave. For anyone worried about getting home afterwards, there will be SeaExpress Fast Ferries from Dockyard until 10:30pm. Here's the flyer.
- The second in the Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series is coming up on Wednesday, July 28th at Gosling's wine cellar, just in time to start off your Cup Match weekend. This time, all the wines are from the Southern Hemisphere and there will be a competition to see if you can guess the grape and year. Tickets are $50 each and are available from Grainne_Sweeney@artexrisk.com – group discounts are also available. Drinks start from 6pm until 8.30pm so leaves enough time to hit some of the other parties afterwards! Here's the flyer.
- Can the new-look Reggae team dethrone the reigning Soca Champs? Find out at the Barmuvinjam 4th Annual Soca vs Reggae Cup Match After-Party at Snorkel Park on Friday, July 30th, from 9pm until 3am. In the Soca Corner will be The Soca Twins from Germany and D'General from Bermuda. In the Reggae Corner will be Poison Dart from Jamaica and Y.G.S. Ent from Bermuda. Tickets are $50 in advance from Secrets and more at the gate. BMVJ members get them a little cheaper at $40 before July 21st. This flyer has two pages so here's page one and here's page two. There's also a video ad at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgyME9c4UUk. **UPDATE** There is now a ferry arranged, leaving Hamilton every hour from 10pm. Last Ferry returns from Dockyard at 3.15am. Here's the flyer.
The 11th Annual Argus Open Tennis Tournament will swing into action at the W.E.R. Joell Tennis Stadium this Thursday, July 15th, and will run until Saturday, July 24th and it's free to watch!The tournament is hosted and sanctioned by the Bermuda Lawn Tennis Association, and has been sponsored by the Argus Group since its inception in 1999. As part of this year’s Argus Open, for the first time free tennis lessons will be offered to children under the age of 10 by local tennis coaches. The free tuition will be available on Saturday, July 17th from 10am until 12 noon. Places are limited, so parents, if you want to enroll your child, email their name and date of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Full details are in this press release and here's the flyer.
- If you have a boat, or access to a boat, you might be interested in Movie Raftup at Paradise Lakes on Saturday, August 7th from 2pm until 11.30pm. I'll post any more details when I get them.
- Bex at Bang Bang Hair is running a summer promotion for her friends and clients. Book your next appointment with her on a Monday or Tuesday and receive 20% off, just by mentioning the Bex promotion at the time of booking. This offer ends August 15th and you can book by calling 292-2051. Here's the flyer.
Salsamania Live Music Event at the Lido Complex - July 7th to 17th
Island Beach Party - July 12th
11th Annual Argus Open Tennis Tournament - July 15th to 24th
Cruise for a Cure - July 16th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - July 17th
Toga! Toga! Toga!– J uly 17th
12th Annual College Students Networking Event - July 22nd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – July 28th
Cheeky Tiki Luau Party - July 28th
Soca Fete - July 28th
5th Annual Beachfest Emancipation Celebration - July 29th
CUP MATCH - July 29th to Augst 1st
Cruise for a Cure - July 30th
Barmuvinjam 4th Annual Soca vs Reggae Cup Match After-Party - July 30th
Movie Raftup at Paradise Lakes - August 7th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - August 14th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" - August 11th to 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010 - September 30th to October 2nd
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon - November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
Okay, have been experimenting with including links in the Quick Recap above (takes you to the original post with info on that specific event) so please let me know if any of you have any problems with them. If there isn't a hyperlink, it means that event is mentioned in the post that you're reading. Have a good week!