July 5th, 2010
First of all, apologies to all the email subscribers, there seemed to be a slight technical hitch and Thursday's post wasn't sent out until Friday. I haven't had any problems with Feedburner before so hopefully this was just a once-off. Anyway, lots coming up:
- On Saturday, July 10th is The 6th Annual Tha Underground Music Awards at the Ruth Seaton James Centre for the Performing Arts. From 6pm, there is the Red Carpet Reception with the awards starting promptly at 8pm. After the awards show is the Official After-Party in the reception area, hosted by Dunn Deal Entertainment. Tickets are $30 or $50 for VIPs and available from Sound Stage. Here's the flyer!
- Start ripping up your bedsheets and practice wrestling lions because Snorkel Park are hosting the ultimate Frat Party, Toga! Toga! Toga! This will be on Saturday, July 17th from 10pm until 3am. Dancing, drinking, and debauchery are mandatory with Top 40 Video DJ OB1, DJ Einstein formerly of G135 and top house, dance, trance DJ Supa J. There will also be immortal contests (no, I have no idea what this means), live entertainment, beer and cocktail specials and best toga prizes. No need to worry if you don't live near Dockyard as there will be a 3.15am ferry to town. The cost is $30 or $20 if you're a member. Here's the flyer.
- Luckily, toga addicts can get their fix at Snorkel Park because Bermuda Police Rugby Team have changed it up this year! Instead of their usual Toga Party for Cup Match, BPRFC are inviting you to get leid (hee, hee) at their Cheeky Tiki Luau Party! This will be on Wednesday, July 28th from 7pm – there will be a cash bar ($50 for 10 drinks), Hawaiian Games, BBQ, and prizes for the Best Costumes. Tickets are $20 and available from firstname.lastname@example.org. Rock-a-hula baby! Here's the flyer.
- On the same night, Snorkel Park Beach invites you to the island's first annual Soca Fete! This will be headlined by a world class line up of renowned Soca entertainers including Buffy (#1 female Soca artist), Traffik (#1 selling Soca Band), Shal Marshal (#1 radio and TV personality) and Super Jigga TC (#1 Trinidadian DJ). The scheduling goes like this: from 7pm until 10pm, you can enjoy an Island Beach Party dining experience (book for reservations), then from 10pm until 1am there is local and international entertainment, and then from 1am until 3am you can dance the night away with local and international party DJs. Fast Ferries available all night. No details of pricing yet but tickets will be available soon island-wide. Here's the flyer.
- More Cup Match festivities, The Chewstick Foundation presents their 5th Annual Beachfest Emancipation Celebration on Thursday, July 29th at Horseshoe Bay Beach. Beachfest is the biggest free event in Bermuda, with games and sports for all to partake, and performances by the hottest artists, bands and DJs (Dirkistan, De General, DJ Einstein, DJ Chubb, DJ Aztec, and more). All proceeds in aid of the Chewstick Foundation youth programmes which take place in the schools and prisons. Kick-off is at 11am and continues all day and all night. Full details are on www.beach-fest.com.
Fahrenheit 451 - July 1st to 9th
Salsamania Live Music Event at the Lido Complex - July 7th to 17th
The 6th Annual Tha Underground Music Awards - July 10th
Cruise for a Cure – July 16th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - July 17th
Toga! Toga! Toga! - July 17th
12th Annual College Students Networking Event - July 22nd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – July 28th
Cheeky Tiki Luau Party - July 28th
Soca Fete - July 28th
5th Annual Beachfest Emancipation Celebration – July 29th
CUP MATCH - July 29th to Augst 1st
Cruise for a Cure - July 30th
Hamilton Princess History Tour - August 14th
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival - September 30th to October 2nd
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – December 2nd
Enjoy the rest of the week!