August 12th, 2010
Well, thankfully Colin turned out to be a bit of a damp squib. Can't believe that we're into Hurricane Season already – it seems like Easter was just five minutes ago. Here are some upcoming Bermuda events:
- A couple of updates on the rescheduled events – the Pink Party is now this Saturday, August 14th, after being cancelled before the storm. The Movie Raft-up is now on Sunday, September 5th. For details on these events, click on the name in the Quick Recap section to see what was previously posted.
- TROIKA, a grassroots organization aimed at inspiring and training young people in the performing arts, will be bringing their latest performance, Work In Progress II: H.I.S.T.O.R.Y. to City Hall Theatre from August 26th until the 28th. This show is being billed as a riveting theatrical performance celebrating the historical journey from Africa, through Slavery to Freedom. Showtime is at 8pm and tickets are available from 27th Century Boutique, Shine's House of Music & Entertainment, and the City Hall Box Office at as cost of $30 and donor rates range from $50 to $150. For more information, contact Troikabda@gmail.com or 537-7590.
- Brother-sister duo BeBe and CeCe Winans will be performing in Bermuda on Saturday, August 28th at 7.30pm at the Heritage Worship Center as part of their much-anticipated reunion tour. The event is being organized in part by former Miss Teen Bermuda winner Alexa Lightbourne and her production company Noelle Entertainment. .Also performing on the night will be Trin-i-tee 5:7, a gospel group from New Orleans, Louisiana and American Idol’s George Huff will be the MC. Tickets are $75 or $150 for patrons and VIP and go on sale tomorrow at People’s Pharmacy and the Christian bookstore. VIP tickets include a special pre-concert reception and a boat cruise with the artists on August 29. For more information call 441-532-5394 or see http://www.bermuda.com/locals/detail/15688.html.
- Coming next month, Bermuda's first Argentine Tango Festival! From September 2nd until the 5th, you can enjoy performances, workshops and milongas with five world-renowned Argentinean Tango Masters at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. Prices range from $15 to $350, depending on the package. For more details, see www.bermudasalsa.com or www.bdatix.com – here's the flyer.
- Class is IN for the Mariners RFC School Disco Rugby Season Kick-Off Party! This will be in Flanagan’s on Saturday, September 25th from 9pm until 2am. Dress code is, unsurprisingly, school uniform and tickets are available from email@example.com or jp_S@hotmail.com at a cost of $20 per person. There will be happy hour drinks prices all night and prizes for the naughtiest school uniform. Here's the flyer. **UPDATE** Tickets are now available online at http://www.premierticketsglobal.com/Event/The-Mariners-RFC-School-Disco-.aspx.
Mambo Nights "Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo" – August 11th to 17th
Famous for Fifteen Minutes– August 12th to 21st
Live Latin Music at Sea Breeze Lounge – August 12th to 22nd
Hamilton Princess History Tour– August 14th
Gnosis Chocolate sponsored Chocolate Extravaganza – August 27th
BeBe and CeCe Winans Concert – August 28th
Bermuda's first Argentine Tango Festival – September 2nd to 5th
Mariners RFC School Disco Rugby Season Kick-Off Party – September 25th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010– September 30th to October 2nd
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!