August 25th, 2010
I have made a few minor changes to the site since my last post. You should now be able to see a few sharing options at the bottom, so you can email to a friend, share on Facebook, Twitter, or the gazillion other social media sites on AddThis, as well as the option to Like on Facebook. Please let me know if you have any problems with this. Also, if you find that it works really well, let me know that too! As always, I’m open to comments and suggestions. Anyway, let’s get down to the important stuff, i.e. upcoming Bermuda events:
- Lemon Tree are having a Happy Hour promotion on Friday night between 5pm and 8pm. Firstly, if you bring your business card put it in the Business Card Bowl, you’ll receive a free drink ticket. Also, there will be a VK buy-one-get-another-flavour-free promotion until 8pm with VK Vodka Kick (Blue, Ice, Apple and Orange) and VK Mojito. There will also be free samples of all the VK flavors so you can discover which of Bermuda’s newest alcoholic beverages is your favourite. Poster to follow as soon as I receive it!
- Another booze cruise coming up, it’s the Cruise for a Cure aboard the Restless Native catamaran as an alternative to the normal Happy Hour! You’ll also be donating to charity while getting your drink on! Tickets are $45 ($10 of which goes to Bermuda Cancer and Health), the boat leaves Albuoys Point at 6pm, returning at 8pm and the bar opens at 5.30pm. This is NOT all-you-can-drink but Happy Hour prices of $5 each or 4 for $20 for drink tickets will apply and light snacks will be served. Tickets are available from Lindo’s, Bermuda Cancer and Health or at www.restlessnative.bm. Here’s the flyer.
- The 3rd Annual Bermuda International Beach Tennis Tournament will be taking place from Friday, August 27th until Sunday, August 29th at Horseshoe Bay. For full details, or to register, see the website at www.bermudabeachtennis.com. The Host Hotel is The Fairmont Southampton who are doing a special hotel rate for this event at $99.50 per person based on double occupancy. Admission is free for spectators, $100 per team or $50 per person participating. For enquiries, contact Mark Cordeiro, Fairmont Southampton Tennis Pro at email@example.com or Tony Brannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the flyer.
- My Sereni-Tea are having a Tea-Tasting and Tarot Evening on Saturday, September 25th from 7pm until 9pm. Tea selections and cookies/cakes will be provided. The aim of the night is to help come up with a special My Sereni-Tea Blend. The cost of the Tea Night will be $10 and the Tarot Fee will be $15. Tarot readings must be booked and paid for in advance. Here’s the flyer with details.
- The Bermuda Department of Tourism and Team Sandtastic present the 5th Annual Sandtastic Days in Bermuda from Wednesday, September 1st until Saturday, September 4th on Horseshoe Bay. Team Sandtastic are an award-winning team of sand and snow-sculpting professionals. Obviously, there’s not much snow to be found here so they’ll be taking advantage of our lovely pink sand instead. As well as creating a a unique Bermuda-themed main display, they’ll be offering free sand-sculpting clinics in the early evenings on the 1st and 2nd, an hour before sundown. The Bermuda International Sand Sculpting Competition will be on Saturday the 4th from 10am until 4pm. The judging and awards presentation will follow this and admission is free for both spectators and participants. For additional details, click here http://www.bermudatourism.com/sandtastic-days-2010.aspx or email email@example.com. Here’s the flyer!
- This year’s King of the Rock Lacrosse Tournament will be on Saturday, September 4th and Sunday, September 5th at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. This event is for men and women’s post-collegiate teams and the men’s game will be played under NCAA rules with a few exceptions such as no 10-second count in the defensive or offensive field areas and substitutions will be on the fly. I have no idea what any of that means. For more information, or to register, please see www.bermudalacrosse.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coming soon, although I don’t have full details yet, Sybil’s Dynamic International Female Impersonators with celebrity recording artist Melba Moore. This will be on Saturday, October 23rd at City Hall Theatre – details to follow when I get them!
- On Sundays at Latin, they have swords of Brazilian Churrasco, carved tableside for $35. Here’s the flyer with details.
Work In Progress II: H.I.S.T.O.R.Y. – August 26th to 28th
Gnosis Chocolate sponsored Chocolate Extravaganza – August 27th
The Ultimate Unwind Happy Hour – August 27th
Moonlight Movie Series (2012) – August 27th
Cruise for a Cure – August 27th
Lemon Tree VK and Business Card Happy Hour Promotion – August 27th
3rd Annual Bermuda International Beach Tennis Tournament – August 27th to 29th
BeBe and CeCe Winans Concert – August 28th
5th Annual Sandtastic Days in Bermuda – September 1st to 4th
Bermuda’s First Argentine Tango Festival – September 2nd to 5th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 3rd
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 4th
King of the Rock Lacrosse Tournament – September 4th to 5th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 10th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 18th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 19th
Mariners RFC School Disco Rugby Season Kick-Off Party – September 25th
Sunshine League Moonwalk – September 25th
My Sereni-Tea Tea-Tasting and Tarot Evening – September 25th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010– September 30th to October 2nd
The Alchemy of Love – October 2nd
27th PGA Grand Slam of Golf – October 18th to 20th
Sybil’s Dynamic International Female Impersonators – October 23rd
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Have a great Hump Day!