September 10th, 2010
It’s Friday and there are no storm warnings!! Yippee – let’s make the most of it! Here are a few ideas:
- To shake things up a bit from their usual Happy Hour tonight, Newstead are presenting Mohawk and Margaritas! From 5pm, Gosling’s will be hosting a Margarita Night and Mohawk Radio will be providing the live music entertainment from 6pm. As usual, this will be on the Pool Terrace or in L’Eau Bar if the weather is dodgy. Here’s the flyer.
- Looks like Mohawk Radio have a busy weekend ahead since they, along with Vinyl Jam and DJ DNice will be performing at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Night at Ferrari Bar tomorrow night (**UPDATE** This has been postponed until further notice – I’ll let you know when I know!). This will kick-off at 9pm and entry is free before midnight, $10 afterwards. Part-proceeds will go to charity – here’s the poster with more details.
- Also tomorrow night, Barmuvinjam are hosting their End of Summer Members’ Cruise aboard the Uber Vida from 9pm (boat boards at Albuoys Point at 8.30pm) until midnight. But guys, surely we have loads of time before summer ends officially? Anyway, tickets are $20 in advance from Secrets or $30 at the boat. This is for Members Only so make sure you are all signed up before you try to get on the boat – here’s the flyer!
- Wow, Bermuda reallys seems to be embracing more New Age beliefs lately! Coming up next weekend is a Global Mala Yoga for Peace with the aim of uniting the global yoga community from every continent, to form a “mala around the earth”. On Saturday, September 18th, from 5pm until late, you can participate in this by attending The Global Mala Yoga Beach Party on Horseshoe Bay Beach. Bring a yoga mat or towel because from 5.30pm until 6.30pm will be beach yoga for all levels and styles followed by deep relaxation and meditation. From 7pm will be the Pot Luck Supper, lighting the bonfire and music, meditation and chanting until late. All proceeds go to charity and suggested donations are $20 per adult and $10 per child. Here’s the flyer or see http://www.yogabermuda.com/events.html for more information. **UPDATE** This has been rescheduled to Saturday, September 25th – I’ve updated the flyer.
- Another little recruitment drive – The Bermuda School of Music Chamber Choir is seeking male singers. If you’re interested you can contact Director Ryan Ellis through the website at http://www.musicschool.bm/contact.php
Mohawk and Margaritas at Newstead – September 10th
Ellen Cherry at Bermuda Folk Club – September 11th
Rock ‘n’ Roll Night at Ferrari Bar – September 11th
End of Summer Members’ Cruise – September 11th
Evening Magical Wand-Making Workshop – September 16th
Ghost Hunt and Moon Spell Evening – September 18th
The Global Mala Yoga Beach Party – September 18th 25th
2 Day Psychic Retreat – September 18th-19th
Four Seasons City Family Festival – September 19th
Mariners RFC School Disco Rugby Season Kick-Off Party – September 25th
Sunshine League Moonwalk – September 25th
My Sereni-Tea Tea-Tasting and Tarot Evening – September 25th
Ghost Hunt and Moon Spell Evening – September 25th
2 Day Psychic Retreat – September 25th-26th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010– September 30th to October 2nd
The Alchemy of Love – October 2nd
G&S The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas – October 6th-16th
27th PGA Grand Slam of Golf – October 18th to 20th
Sybil’s Dynamic International Female Impersonators – October 23rd
Melange Fundraising Cocktail Evening – October 23rd
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – December 2nd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists – December 4th
MONKEY NEWS: In a word – awwwww…. I wonder if they’ll still be friends when they get bigger:
Have a wonderful weekend!