September 27th, 2010
Happy Monday everyone!
- This Wednesday, September 29th, is the LAST of the SalsaMania Wednesdays Series at Latin! To mark the occasion, they are inviting you to SalsaMania’s End of Summer Salsa & Hustle RED Party. You don’t need to know how to dance to attend as, from 8.30pm onwards, instructors will be on hand to give you the basics of hustle, salsa and maybe a few other dances thrown in to keep you on our toes. As usual, there is no cover charge, it is open to all ages and levels and the dress code this week is red.
- More hip-shaking shenanigans on Friday, October 1st with SalsaMania’s Back to School Jam. Lido Complex at Elbow Beach will be playing the best in Latin music from 9.30pm until 12.30am with an optional dress code of School Uniform. No cover charge. For more information, visit www.bermudasalsa.com.
- From next Thursday, October 7th, there will be a new street market in St. Georges! The Olde Towne Market St. Georges is aimed at locals and residents and they hope to have farmers, fishermen, vendors with pedlars’ licenses selling household items and clothing, as well as food vendors, artists, buskers and crafts people. The market will be from 7pm onwards and if you are interested in being a vendor, you can obtain an application form from the Chamber of Commerce. FYI, to be a vendor, you must either be a registered gardener, farmer or fisherman, or have the correct food vendor licenses, or have a pedlar’s license in order to sell dry imported goods. Artists and crafts people are exempt from this and do not need a license. (**UPDATE** Postponed until further notice)
- Time to break out your lederhosen and raise your tankards! To celebrate 200 years of Oktoberfest, Snorkel Park have transformed their event space into the only Biergarten on the beach. On Saturday, October 9th, from 11am until 9pm, they’ll be holding beer-chugging contests, a Frauline-carrying obstacle course, Hammerschlagen (Google it) and other German japes. Also on offer is a live band and authentic German food. Tickets are $20 and are available from Snorkel Park Beach by calling 535-1326. Here’s the flyer.
- SalsaMania are outdoing themselves at the moment with yet another event! This time they are inviting you to come celebrate the decade that taste forgot at their Flashdance Retro 80s Costume Party on Friday, October 29th at the Lido Complex from 9.30pm until 12.30am. No cover charge.
- Halloween is coming! Is it my imagination or does there seem to be more parties than usual this year? I don’t have the details on Fright Night and Snorkel Park yet but I do for another two. First up is TRFC Blood, the Teachers Annual Halloween Party, which will kick off from 9pm and go on until 3am on Saturday, October 30th at Docksiders. Tickets are $15 and available from any member of the Teachers Rugby Club or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the flyer!
- Also on Saturday, October 30th, Latin presents Halloween 2010 from 10pm until 3am. Music is by DJ Kaos and tickets are $20 and available from Latin. Here’s the flyer!
SalsaMania’s End of Summer Salsa & Hustle RED Party – September 29th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010– September 30th to October 2nd
Cambridge Beaches Around the World Wine-Pairing Dinner – October 1st
SalsaMania’s Back to School Jam – October 1st
The Alchemy of Love – October 2nd
Bermuda Police Service Gymkhana – October 2nd
TRFC Band Jam – October 2nd
Partner Re 13th Annual 5K Run and Walk– October 3rd
G&S The Best Little Wh*rehouse in Texas – October 6th to 16th
First Olde Towne Market St. Georges – October 7th (**UPDATE** Postponed until further notice)
Oktoberfest at Snorkel Park – October 9th
27th PGA Grand Slam of Golf – October 18th to 20th
Bermuda Docs – October 22nd to 24th
Sybil’s Dynamic International Female Impersonators – October 23rd
Melange Fundraising Cocktail Evening – October 23rd
Summer Breeze presented by Kappa Alpha Psi – October 29th
Flashdance Retro 80s Costume Party – October 29th
Dream Dare Dance 2nd Annual Conference for Women – October 30th
TRFC Blood – October 30th
Latin presents Halloween 2010 – October 30th
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
The Hilarious Comedy of Hypnotist Fernandez – November 12th to 13th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Weekend Film Series – November 21st
Caledonian Society of Bermuda’s St. Andrew’s Ball 2010– November 27th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – December 2nd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists – December 4th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
This is extremely random but might take away the Monday blues:
Have a good week!