September 2nd, 2010
First of all, I just realised yesterday that this website has now been on the go for a whole six months! Happy Half-Birthday to me!! I just wanted to take a second and thank you all for the support and helping it grow so quickly. Anyway, here's what's coming up:
- Snorkel Park Beach have a pretty full weekend of fun planned for you all. Saturday, from 9am until 4pm is Fun in the Sun with free entry. Sundays LIVE is free local entertainment from 11am until 8pm with Working Title Band and MC Super Dave, also with family fun contests, BBQ, watersports, and beach volleyball. This is free for kids under 12, $5 for members and $10 for everyone else. On Sunday night, 10pm until 3am is the Industry Party on the Beach with free entry for hospitality staff (and ladies in bikinis before midnight) and $10 for everyone else. This will feature DJs Chubb and OB1 and flipflops/swimwear are encouraged. Monday is Fun in the Sun from 9am until 4pm with live entertainment for $5 entry and free for kids under 12. Monday evening from 4pm until 9pm is Bermuda Teen Jam featuring Trina (RnB award-winning artist), Rosci (106 n Park host), local performers, DJs and giveaways. Tickets are $35. Lastly, Monday night from 10pm until 3am is being billed as The #1 Summer Party in Bermuda and entry is $10. Here's the flyer or see www.snorkelparkbeach.com for more details.
- Chewstick Movie Night will be on Sunday from 7.30pm until 10pm. The chosen film this time is Chow Down and is followed by roundtable discussions inspired by the movie before creating a collaborative piece at the end - for more details, see the Facebook Event Page. All movies are free but they accept donations for the Chewstick Foundation.
- If you're off work on Monday and don't know what to do with yourself, then Spicelands Equestrian Centre have asked me to let you all know that they will be open for trail rides on the holiday at the following times – 7am, 8.30am, 10.30am, 4pm and 6pm. Call 238-8212 or email email@example.com for more details.
- The new season is starting for Sabor Dance School and they are holding a Registration Evening on Wednesday, September 8th from 6pm until 8pm at their studio at Berkeley Cultural Centre (Old Berkeley School). You will be able to register and pay for classes as well as buy dance shoes. For the class schedule, please see here: http://www.bermudasalsa.com/class_schedule.php
- Bermuda Folk Club at the Spanish Point Boat Club will be hosting guest artist singer/songwriter Ellen Cherry and Shaun Wilson on Saturday, September 11th from 8pm until 11.30pm. Here's the link to the event on Facebook.
- The Four Seasons City Family Festival has been postponed until Sunday, September 19th. This free event will be from 12 noon until 6pm and will have lots of family-friendly activities like, magic shows, a giant slide, fun castles, face-painting, tattoos, and a Wii and Playstation gaming tent. Nadanja Bailey will be DJing as DJ Whatagwan and there will be fair stalls, food vendors and shows by TROIKA and Rockfire. Here's the flyer.
- The Community Education Brochure is now online at www.communityed.gov.bm. As usual, there is a fantastic range of affordable courses to suit all tastes and interests so I would recommend having a look.
- A few spa offers, Elbow Beach and Bersalon both have promotions for September. Here's the Elbow Beach flyer and here's the Bersalon flyer.
5th Annual Sandtastic Days in Bermuda – September 1st to 4th
Bermuda's First Argentine Tango Festival – September 2nd to 5th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 3rd
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 4th
BEST Old-Fashioned Beach Party at Warwick Long Bay - September 4th
King of the Rock Lacrosse Tournament – September 4th to 5th
Chewstick Movie Night – September 5th
Sabor Dance School Registration Evening – September 8th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 10th
Ellen Cherry at Bermuda Folk Club – September 11th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 18th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) – September 19th
Four Seasons City Family Festival – September 19th
Mariners RFC School Disco Rugby Season Kick-Off Party – September 25th
Sunshine League Moonwalk – September 25th
My Sereni-Tea Tea-Tasting and Tarot Evening – September 25th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010– September 30th to October 2nd
The Alchemy of Love – October 2nd
27th PGA Grand Slam of Golf – October 18th to 20th
Sybil's Dynamic International Female Impersonators – October 23rd
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
I'm now on vacation until Tuesday (unless stupid weather gets in my way) so if I've missed anything, feel free to post it on the Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/NothingtodoinBermuda in my absence! Stay safe!