September 8th, 2010
Hmmm…so how many hurricanes do you think will be predicted for this weekend?
- I for one refuse to see this as proof that summer has ended, but just so you know, tonight is the Last Harbour Nights of the year so get out and enjoy it!
- Visiting Cambridge Beaches this month is world-renowned psychic Jayne Wallace who will lead a series of events to help your psychic development. First up is a Ghost Hunt and Moon Spell evening on either Saturday, September 18th or Saturday, September 25th from 9.30pm until 11pm. On the ghost tour, she will be demonstrating how to link into the energies of ghosts by touching, feeling and sensing them and will use clairvoyance to get messages from the other side and allow you to communicate with the two worlds. She will also show you an easy way to link into the energies of the moon to manifest and bring abundance into your lives. The cost is $85 per person.
- There is also limited space available on the 2 Day Psychic Retreat on September 18th and 19th or September 25th and 26th from 10.30am unti l1pm and 3pm until 5pm. Jayne will explain the basics of Clairvoyance and demonstrate ways to help you tap into your inner sixth sense. Topics to be covered include working with Crystals, Pendulums and healing energies, working with Auras, Chakras, and how to read Psycards. The price is $330 per person, which includes the retreat, all materials, and a 15% discount on private readings.
- Lastly, Jayne will be hosting an Evening Magical Wand-Making Workshop on Thursday, September 16th from 8pm until 10pm. During the workshop Jayne will help you to create your own personal healing and spiritual wands. They can then be used in healing, manifestation and spell work, giving you the ability to help yourself and others. The cost is $85 per person. Cambridge Beaches will also be offering a local room rate of $199 for anyone participating. For more information or to reserve any of these events, call 234 3636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is the flyer with more details.
- This year, the Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre's Annual Breast Cancer Walk will take place on Wednesday, October 6th from 6pm, starting at Barr's Bay Park. For more information or to participate, please click here.
- The wonderful Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Bermuda are putting on another show from Wednesday, October 6th until Saturday, October 16th. The show will be The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (hope that gets past your spam filters for all you email subscribers!) and tickets will go on sale from September 13th on www.premiertickets.bm.
- To mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Renee Carter, Tracy Marshall, Shayna Duncan and Nicole Burrows, known collectively as Melange, are hosting Fundraising Cocktail Evening with live entertainment. With a theme of "Cancer…It Does Not Own You", this will take place on Saturday, October 23rd, at Gosling’s Wine Cellar with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served from 7pm until 10pm. Funds raised will go towards the Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre. Entertainment will be provided by local artists, a master of ceremonies, special guest speakers and professional medical experts. There will also be a raffle and silent auction. To sponsor this event, contact Renee Carter at 292-2535 or 737-5363 or send an email to email@example.com. Guests are asked to donate $25 and sponsors enter for free.
- Teachers Rugby Football Club Fight Night will be on Saturday, December 4th this year. I'll provide more details on that once I get them but right now they are looking for boxers to participate. No experience is necessary and gyms will be provided. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. Here's the flyer. **UPDATE: Full details are now here - http://www.nothingtodoinbermuda.com/2010/11/november-16th-2010.html
Sabor Dance School Registration Evening – September 8th
Last Harbour Nights of 2010 – September 8th
Ellen Cherry at Bermuda Folk Club – September 11th
Evening Magical Wand-Making Workshop – September 16th
Ghost Hunt and Moon Spell Evening – September 18th
2 Day Psychic Retreat – September 18th-19th
Four Seasons City Family Festival – September 19th
Mariners RFC School Disco Rugby Season Kick-Off Party – September 25th
Sunshine League Moonwalk – September 25th
My Sereni-Tea Tea-Tasting and Tarot Evening – September 25th
Ghost Hunt and Moon Spell Evening – September 25th
2 Day Psychic Retreat – September 25th-26th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival 2010– September 30th to October 2nd
The Alchemy of Love – October 2nd
Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre's Annual Breast Cancer Walk – October 6th
G&S The Best Little Wh*rehouse in Texas – October 6th-16th
27th PGA Grand Slam of Golf – October 18th to 20th
Sybil's Dynamic International Female Impersonators – October 23rd
Melange Fundraising Cocktail Evening – October 23rd
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
MONKEY NEWS: It's been a while since we've had some monkey news! This one is a little sad:
Enjoy the rest of the week!