October 15th, 2010
Is it my imagination or has this week seemed unusually long? I for one am definitely ready for the weekend!
- A new exhibit will be opening at the Bermuda Society of Arts at City Hall tonight as Chris Burville will presenting his collection of wildlife, underwater, landscape and night photography. The opening reception will be from 5pm until 7pm with free beer and wine and the exhibit runs until Tuesday, November 2nd. Here's the link to the Facebook event.
- For anyone going to Newstead Happy Hour tonight – they have announced that Mohawk Radio will not be performing but they will be moving the party upstairs to the new L'eau bar Also, be warned that there is NO water shuttle so you'll have to make your own way there. Here's the flyer!
- The Moonlight Movie Series scheduled for tonight seems to have been removed from their website so looks like it's not going ahead. This is still on for Saturday and Sunday though – see the Quick Recap for details.
- After a little absence, Chewstick Neo-Griot Lounge is back with their legendary open-mic night on Saturday, October 16th. This will be at the usual venue of Spinning Wheel entertainment complex from 9pm until 2am. Click here for the Facebook event
- Anyone looking for a family-friendly activity that's a little bit different might be interested in The Living Green Expo on Sunday, October 17th in the Botanical Gardens. From 11am until 10pm, there will be activities and entertainment with live music, yoga, qi-gong, a multidenominational church service, food vendors and film screening. Live acts include Tricray Astwood, Brothers From Another Mother (B.F.A.M) Band, Rhythm Nation, Live Wires, Chewstick, Christina Quinn, Howard Rego, Jahstice and Mohawk Radio. Admission is free and full details are at http://www.greenrock.org/expo. Here's the poster!
- Bermuda Dream Club present a fundraising benefit concert for P.A.L.S. starring Jana Stanfield, an internationally recognized, award-winning recording artist/transformational speaker/humourist/multi-platinum songwriter who has performed on world-famous stages from Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry to New York’s Carnegie Hall. Jana’s music has been described as “Heavy MeNtal” or “psychotherapy you can dance to.” The concert will be at BUEI on Friday, October 29th from 7pm until 9pm. Tickets are $40 and available from www.bdatix.com with all proceeds donated to P.A.L.S.
- Snorkel Park present True Blood, Bermuda's first haunted beach party, on Saturday, October 30th. This will feature a haunted beach maze and slaughter beach scenes with music provided by King Jyrus, DJ Donnie, DJ Aztec, DJ Scarface, Awesome Sound, YGS, DJ Rusty G and DJ Chubb. Gates open at 10pm with a return boat to Hamilton ($5 charge) at 2.30am and 3.30am. Advance tickets are $30. The pre-party boat aboard the Uber Vida features DJ Aztec and DJ Scarface and will depart Albuoys Point at 8.30pm and drop off at Snorkel Park at 11pm. The cost of this is $40 and includes entrance to the True Blood party. Here's the flyer!
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
G&S The Best Little Wh*rehouse in Texas - October 6th to 16th
Soirée at Shutters Poolside Lounge - October 15th
WRC Annual Take Back the Night Walk - October 15th
Salsamania Denim Day - October 15th
MSA Bazaar - October 15th to 16th
Moonlight Movie Series (TBD) - October 15th
Chris Burville Exhibit – October 15th
Bad Girls' Club 4: Lil Black Dress Edition - Saturday, October 16th
Moonlight Movie Series (Tapped and The Ultimate Gift) – October 17th
Bermuda Red Cross Scavenger Hunt – October 17th
The Living Green Expo – October 17th
27th PGA Grand Slam of Golf – October 18th to 20th
Bermuda Docs – October 22nd to 24th
Inner Peace Retreat at Cambridge Beaches - October 22nd to 24th
Sybil's Dynamic International Female Impersonators - October 23rd
Melange Fundraising Cocktail Evening - October 23rd
Showtime Four All Breed International Championship Dog Shows - October 23rd to 24th
Summer Breeze presented by Kappa Alpha Psi - October 29th
Flashdance Retro 80s Costume Party - October 29th
The Haunted Playground - October 29th
Jana Stanfield Benefit Concert – October 29th
Dream Dare Dance 2nd Annual Conference for Women - October 30th
TRFC Blood - October 30th
Latin presents Halloween 2010 - October 30th
Fright Night - October 30th
Windreach Harvest Festival - October 30th
Annual Mariners RFC Halloween Ball - October 30th
Snorkel Park present True Blood – October 30th
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
November Mambo Nights - November 6th
The Hilarious Comedy of Hypnotist Fernandez – November 12th to 13th
Deerfield Ranch Wine Maker’s Dinner & Wine Pairing - November 13th November 20th
ANCOP International (Bermuda)’s Rock of Love - November 13th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
KatKids Christmas Market 2010 - November 19th
Weekend Film Series - November 21st
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 24th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
The high point of my week was when I found out that it is officially National Chocolate Week. Thanks to everyone who forwarded me the following link – apparently I am going to live forever: