October 26th, 2010
It's already Tuesday – I hope you all have your costumes sorted for this weekend? I have three because…well, that's just how I roll… Anyway:
- Starting tomorrow, Wednesday, October 27th, Quiz Night at Bermuda Bistro at The Beach is back! This starts at 8pm with cash prizes and 2 for 1 entrees during the Quiz. Here's the flyer.
- Bermuda Police Rugby Football Club are presenting their First Annual Halloween Band Bash on Friday October 29th at Robin Hood Pub and Restaurant. Kick-off is at 9pm with live music from Vinyl Jam and goes until 2pm. Here's the flyer!
- The Corporation of Hamilton invite you to join them for a month long City Scavenger Hunt. This started on October 18th (sorry, only just got the details) and will run until November 12th. There will be chances to win daily prizes, weekly prizes and a grand prize worth over $2,000. Anyone wishing to participate will need The Official City Scavenger Hunt Booklet available free of charge from City Hall and participating stores as outlined in the flyer here. For more information, please see their website here.
- The Bermuda Reading Association are holding a 5K Run and Walk on Sunday, October 31st at 9am in the Botanical Gardens. You can pre-register online by 12 noon on Friday, October 29th at http://www.racedayworld.com/register/ViewEvent/508737 or by emailing this entry form to email@example.com. Pre-registered participants pay $30 ($25 for B.R.A. Members) and late registration (available on race day at 8.30am) participants pay $35. Prizes will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and the first 20 finishers will be rewarded with a Bermuda Reading Association t-shirt! Here’s the flyer.
- As part of their monthly Ciné Club, L'Alliance Francaise des Bermudes presents French spy spoof OSS 117 – Le Caire Nid d'Espions, on Tuesday, November 2nd at 8pm. This is in French with English subtitles and tickets are $5 for members, $8 for non-members, $3 for students and available from BUEI. Formidable!
- The Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda Workshops 2010 will be at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess on Friday, November 5th and Saturday, November 6th. The first one on the Friday, Learning Outside the Lines: Strategies for parents /The Gift: LD/ADHD Reframed, will be presented by noted author, speaker and activist Jonathan Mooney (for more details, see his website here) from 6pm until 9pm. Next is Creating a Classroom Team: Mission POSSIBLE?, presented by Dr. Ashleigh Malloy who is an author, speaker, consultant as well as Director of Transformation Education Institute. This will be from 9am until 12 noon on the Saturday and will be followed by Re-Drawing The Lines/ Neurodiversity: A Compass to a Changing World, also presented by Jonathan Mooney from 1pm until 4pm. Tickets are $50 per workshop and available from www.bdatix.com.
- Since it clashes with Rugby Week, the Deerfield Ranch Wine Maker’s Dinner & Wine Pairing at Barracuda Grill has moved from Saturday, November 13th to Saturday, November 20th – I have updated the original post here.
- The next installment of the Weekend Film Series, a joint production of Bermuda Documentary Film Festival director Duncan Hall and BUEI, will be on Sunday, November 21st. The two films showing are Countdown to Zero, which will screen at 3pm, followed at 5.15pm by Heartbreaker, the French smash hit. Tickets to each film are $15 and are available on the door or from the gift shop at BUEI. For details, see http://www.buei.org/index/whatsnew/i/7/.
- Tickets for the 2011 edition of the Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts go on sale at 10am on Monday, November 8th. For a complete calendar of events, please visit their website at www.bermudafestival.org. The Festival will run between Tuesday, January 18th and Tuesday, March 1st and includes The Music of Abba (performed by Arrival from Sweden), The East Coast Chamber Orchestra (ECCO), Imani Winds (Grammy-nominated wind quintet), Heather Nova and Friends, Marian Anderson String Quartet, Outerbridge: Magical Moments in Time, Mark Morris Dance Group, Maria Thompson Corley, Puccini's Tosca (performed by Opera a la Carte), Christian McBride and Inside Straight, Paco Peno Flamenco Vivo, Bermuda Festival Orchestra, and Dreamweaver (a multimedia performance by David Chocron).
- The Little Venice Group Dine-around vouchers are back! This is an offer that runs from October 18th until April 15, 2011. You pay $139 and receive three vouchers for three dinners (appetiser, main course, dessert and regular tea/coffee) at seven participating restaurants. There is no limit to how many times you can buy a set of vouchers and they are available now from any of the participating restaurants, which are Fourways Inn, Lido, La Trattoria, Harbourfront, Little Venice, L'Oriental and Blu Bar and Grill. Since I am a mathematical genius, I can tell you that works out at around $46.33 per dinner, excluding grats – you are welcome!
- Take a deep breath and up your milk thistle intake – World Rugby Classic Week is coming and there's nowhere to hide! I'll give more of a breakdown in my next post with details of the individual events.
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
City Scavenger Hunt – October 18th to November 12th
Quiz Night at Bermuda Bistro at The Beach returns – October 27th
Escaping from the Mob – Part 3 - October 28th to 29th
Summer Breeze presented by Kappa Alpha Psi - October 29th
Flashdance Retro 80s Costume Party - October 29th
The Haunted Playground - October 29th
Jana Stanfield Benefit Concert - October 29th
BPRFC First Annual Halloween Band Bash – October 29th
Dream Dare Dance 2nd Annual Conference for Women - October 30th
TRFC Blood - October 30th
Latin presents Halloween 2010 - October 30th
Fright Night - October 30th
Windreach Harvest Festival - October 30th
Annual Mariners RFC Halloween Ball - October 30th
Snorkel Park present True Blood - October 30th
Olde Town Market Launch - October 31st
Bacardi Halloween Scavenger Hunt - October 31st
Bermuda Reading Association 5K Run and Walk – October 31st
Ciné Club (OSS 117 – Le Caire Nid d'Espions) – November 2nd
Bermuda Fashion Collective Show - November 4th
The Sunshine League Amazing Cookie Bake Sale – November 5th
World Rugby Classic Week – November 5th to 12th
Anusara Yoga Workshop - November 5th to 7th
Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda Workshops 2010 – November 5th to 6th
November Mambo Nights - November 6th
The Hilarious Comedy of Hypnotist Fernandez – November 12th to 13th
ANCOP International (Bermuda)’s Rock of Love - November 13th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
KatKids Christmas Market 2010 - November 19th
Wines for the Holidays - November 19th
Deerfield Ranch Wine Maker’s Dinner & Wine Pairing - November 13th November 20th
Weekend Film Series (Countdown to Zero and Heartbreaker) - November 21st
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 24th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts – January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
This site never fails to make me laugh but the last few lines of this post are particularly priceless:
MONKEY NEWS: And we may as well stay on the same site for Monkey News – there's a link to an awesome video of a huge chimp smashing a police car:
Enjoy the rest of the week!