November 10th, 2010
Just to let you all know, I have added a brand new Cinema Listings section to the website – check it out to see what's playing now and what's playing next. If looking for it later, you can find the link listed under the Still Bored section of the website.
- Lemon Tree are offering 2-for-1 drinks at Happy Hour from 5pm until 8pm this Friday.
- A quick update on the On the Waterfront Party at Barr’s Bay Park – there IS a charge for this ($20 in advance, $25 on the door). I updated the original post here – here’s the flyer!
- EEZA's For the People Street Festival, which was supposed to take place last Saturday, will take place THIS Saturday instead. I updated the original post with full details here. Here's the updated flyer!
- The St. George's Foundation and the St. Georges Corporation invite you to the unveiling of a 400th Anniversary Monument dedicated to the Sea Venture survivors. The monument will be placed on Barry Road and the ceremony will take place at 4pm on Thursday, November 11th.
- As excited as we all are about having tomorrow off, sometimes it's easy to forget the reason behind it. For those of you who want to pay your respects, there will be a Remembrance Day wreath-laying at 10.45am in King's Square, St. Georges, followed by a service in St. Peter's at 11.15am on Sunday, November 14th.
- BEPRO – Bermuda's Emerging Professionals are hosting The Political Parties – Lunch & Learn at Bermuda Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, November 16th from 12 noon until 1pm. This is not a debate but an opportunity for you to learn about each political party and what they stand for. Representatives from each political party will be in attendance – David Burt from the PLP, Jeanne Atherden from the UBP and Craig Cannonier from the BDA. Entry is free for BEPRO members and $10 for everyone else.
- A.F. Smith – The Office People are hosting a free Technology Expo on Wednesday, November 17th. This will be on the 1st floor of the Continental Building from 12 noon. The aim of this is to share their expertise in the print business with local companies. Here's the link to the Facebook event.
- VIP Consulting and Promotions present Patron Zone II on Friday, November 26th from 10pm until 3am at The Cellar at the Fairmont Southampton Princess. Music by DJ Aztec & D' General with drink Specials on Patron! Everyone who RSVPs to the event on Facebook will get free admission – here's the link to the FB event and here's the flyer!
- It’s nice to have more light in the morning but not so nice for it to get dark so early in the evening. To help you feel a little safer, the City of Hamilton are providing a free shuttle bus to Bull’s Head car park from City Hall car park, every 15 minutes. The service operates between 5pm and 7.30pm – anyone going back to their vehicle after that time can contact Safeguard Security at 292-2626 for a security guard to meet them at one of Bull’s Head's entrances and escort them to their car. How nice of them!
- Another Thanksgiving menu, this time from the Fairmont Hamilton Princess who are offering a Thanksgiving buffet. I’m not American but I’m always thankful for roast potatoes! Here's the flyer!
- The Ocean Spa at Cambridge Beaches have released some offers for November – here's the flyer!
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
City Scavenger Hunt - October 18th to November 12th
World Rugby Classic Week - November 5th to 12th
Opening Night Party – November 5th
First Round Matches – November 7th to 8th
World Rugby Classic Golf Tournament – November 9th
Semi-Finals – November 10th to 11th
On The Waterfront Party – November 12th
2010 Finals Day – November 13th
Sea Venture Monument Unveiling – November 11th
2-for-1 Event at Lemon Tree – November 12th
The Hilarious Comedy of Hypnotist Fernandez – November 12th to 13th
ANCOP International (Bermuda)’s Rock of Love - November 13th
EEZA’s 3rd Annual For The People Community Street Festival - November 6th November 13th
P.A.L.S. Annual Fair - November 13th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Remembrance Day Wreath-Laying – November 14th
BEPRO The Political Parties – Lunch & Learn – November 16th
A.F. Smith Technology Expo – November 17th
Under the Moongate Supper Club - November 18th
KatKids Christmas Market 2010 - November 19th
Wines for the Holidays - November 19th
Deerfield Ranch Wine Maker’s Dinner & Wine Pairing - November 20th
Weekend Film Series (Countdown to Zero and Heartbreaker) - November 21st
Bacardi 8K Road Race and Walk - November 21st
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 24th
Patron Zone II – November 26th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout– December 3rd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Cardinals Field Hockey Ugly Christmas Sweater Party - December 4th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
BMDS Pantomime: The Firebird - December 9th to 18th
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Enjoy the practice weekend before the real weekend!