November 18th, 2010
<in a weird falsetto voice> Hiya Pals!
Meeska, Mooska Mickeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Mouse!!! Happy Official Mickey Mouse Day to my Best Boys (my gorgeous nephews who are big fans of the Giant Rodent and his Hot-Diggity-Dog Shenanigans)! I never really understood how his friend Goofy the Dog could talk and walk around upright but Pluto the Dog was…just a dog..? <back to normal voice, which is also kinda weird and falsetto> Anyway, enough of this nonsense, back to Bermuda events – if you've got ears, it's time for…beers?
- The next BIFF Film Series is tonight at 6.30pm at BUEI and the film selection is Winter's Bone, winner of the 2010 Sundance Grand Jury Prize. Tickets are available at the door from 5.30pm and cost $10, or $8 for Film Club members.
- Bermuda National Gallery are holding a fundraiser tomorrow night from 5.30pm until 7.30pm. Soul Nite at the BNG will feature Gita Blakeney-Saltus with Robert Edwards and tickets are $20 for members, $25 for non-members. All proceeds go to the Gallery and the price includes one drink ticket and a raffle draw (raffle prizes courtesy of Cambridge Beaches, Flowers by GiMi and Jennifer Phillips). Here's the flyer!
- For anyone interested in attending the KatKids Christmas Market tomorrow night (originally-posted details here), the organisers have warned that tickets are selling out fast so you may want to get your's in advance from www.premierticketsglobal.com to avoid disappointment.
- Most of you will have seen the news coverage (Royal Gazette, Bermuda Sun, Bernews) about Jeff Johnston, the kite-surfer who was seriously injured and subsequently air-lifted to the U.S. in August. To help contribute towards his continuing medical rehabilitation, The Crazy Wednesdays present A Night of Music at Robin Hood this Saturday, November 20th from 8pm until late. In addition to the live music, there will also be a DJ and door prizes. If you are unable to attend but would like to make a donation please email Selange.email@example.com. Tickets are $10 and can be bought in advance or at the door. Here's the flyer!
- Mad Hatters Restaurant are hosting their popular Far East Extravaganza on Tuesday, November 23rd. The cost is $70 per person and spaces are limited. A copy of the menu can be found on their website here.
- A little update on the Teddy Bear Tea – I received information on the prices so updated the original post here
- A few offers from Fairmont to get us through the holiday season! Firstly, if you want a proper Christmas party but are only a small office, Fairmont Southampton might have the solution. The Snowball Party on Saturday, December 11th allows lots of different groups to celebrate together at one big bash! The cost is $65 per person and a cash bar is available. To make a reservation, call 239-6927. Here's the flyer! Also, if you are attending any parties at Fairmont Southampton, you can take advantage of their Take the Elevator Home rates, starting from $139 – details in the attached!
- The Just for Laughs 2011 line-up has been announced! In addition to host Alonzo Bodden (**UPDATE: Due to a scheduling conflict, Alonzo will not be performing this year – he has been replaced by Dom Irrera and Godfrey for both JFL and his solo show) and local talent Chris Broadhurst and Jonathan Young, we will also be entertained by Bob Marley (USA), Gina Yashere (UK) and Sebastian Maniscalco (USA). The dinner packages at Waterlot and Bacci have also been published – see www.comedyevent.bm for more details! I have updated the original post here.
- For those of you who haven't noticed the mysterious new venue which has suddenly popped up across the road from the ferry terminal, there is a new bar/restaurant/lounge called Muse which has just opened. They have Happy Hours on Monday to Friday from 3pm until 7pm and also open from 7.30pm for coffee and pastries. Here's the flyer!
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Under the Moongate Supper Club - November 18th
Fatimaya Presents Artistically Random - November 18th
BIFF Film Series: Winter's Bone – November 18th
KatKids Christmas Market 2010 - November 19th
Wines for the Holidays - November 19th
South Beach Explosion - November 19th
Soul Nite at the BNG – November 19th
Deerfield Ranch Wine Maker’s Dinner & Wine Pairing - November 20th
The Crazy Wednesdays present A Night of Music – November 20th
Weekend Film Series (Countdown to Zero and Heartbreaker) - November 21st
Bacardi 8K Road Race and Walk - November 21st
Mad Hatters Far East Extravaganza – November 23rd
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 24th
Patron Zone II - November 26th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout– December 3rd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Cardinals Field Hockey Ugly Christmas Sweater Party - December 4th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
BMDS Pantomime: The Firebird - December 9th to 18th
Snowball Party at Fairmont Southampton – December 11th
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Enjoy the rest of Mickey Mouse Day!