November 23rd, 2010
Another new section added, this time for Bermuda Bloggers. If looking for it later, you can find it under the Still Bored? section. That's pretty much where you can find anything that isn't part of the main Bermuda Events listing.
- Samadhi Spa at Newstead Belmont Hills are holding an Open House tomorrow night between 6pm and 9pm. This is a great opportunity to buy products or gift certificates as Christmas presents. As well as a tour of the facility, there will also be complimentary mini-treatments, live Latin music, complimentary tapas and a cash bar. If you RSVP in advance, you'll be entered into a draw to win a Samadhi Signature Massage or Natural Facial (you have to be present to win so don't go saying you'll attend just to get a chance at the prize). To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or accept the invitation on Facebook!
- Tickets are now available online for the Caledonian Ball for St. Andrew's Day at www.premierticketsglobal.com. For anyone attending, don't forget the dance practice at Spanish Point Boat Club tomorrow night from 7pm until 9.30pm. Also, don't forget to bring cash for the raffles tickets on Saturday as the prizes are very impressive this year. I have updated some details in the original post here, including an earlier start time.
- A little Thanksgiving update from Fairmont. First up, Fairmont Southampton are having a Thanksgiving Buffet Dinner and Dancing on Thursday at Windows on the Sound from 5.30pm until 10pm. Music is by the Joe Wylie Trio and the cost is $49 per person. For reservations, call 238-8000, ext 6276. Over at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, there is also a Thanksgiving Day Buffet at Harley’s Restaurant. The cost is $55 per person, $27 per child aged between 5 and 12, and under-5's eat free. Call 298-5779 for reservations
- The Bacchanalian Society of Bermuda are holding a Power of Three Wine-Tasting Night on Friday, November 26th at National Sports Centre Pavilion, North Field at 6.30pm. Unlike most other wine-tastings, you can't just turn up because YOU are bringing the wine and so need to put a little thought into it. All you have to do is assemble a team of 3 people, decide as a team your favorite bottle of wine, each person purchases the SAME bottle of that favorite wine (that's three bottles per team), then bring it with you to the venue and the tasting begins. The varietal for this event is European White and there are prizes for the best and worst wines. Tickets are $30 per person, unless you have attended one of their events before, in which case tickets are $20 per person. To RSVP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 291-1474. Proceeds go to The Continental Society of Bermuda, a local charity dedicated to the socioeconomic and cultural welfare of underprivileged children and youth. Please make sure that you fully read the instructions on the Evite here as you may be denied entry if you haven't followed the rules properly!
- Okay, I don't usually like telling you about events unless I'm 100% sure but I'll make an exception since so many people have told me about this one. The Marketplace Santa Parade looks like it's going ahead this Sunday, November 28th. I haven't been able to find out anything else so I'm not sure if I'm just looking in the wrong places or if it's a Ninja Santa Parade that they would like to slip by unnoticed. I'll update as soon as I find out any other information. **UPDATE: The roads close at 12 noon and the parade starts at 5pm.
- Another opportunity to buy unique Christmas gifts, the 15th Annual Home-Grown Alternatives Shopping Event will be held at St. Paul's Christian Education Centre, Paget on Saturday, December 4th. From 10am until 4pm, you will be able to shop a wide variety of Bermuda handmade arts and crafts, including chocolates, glassworks, pottery, cards, jewellery and more. For more details, including a list of participating artists, see http://www.homegrownalternatives.com.
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Mad Hatters Far East Extravaganza - November 23rd
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 24th
Samadhi Spa Open House – November 24th
Patron Zone II - November 26th
Bacchanalian Society of Bermuda Power of Three Wine-Tasting – November 26th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Marketplace Santa Parade – November 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout– December 3rd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Cardinals Field Hockey Ugly Christmas Sweater Party - December 4th
15th Annual Home-Grown Alternatives Shopping Event – December 4th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
BMDS Pantomime: The Firebird - December 9th to 18th
Snowball Party at Fairmont Southampton - December 11th
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Worst. Excuse. Ever!