November 25th, 2010
Want to hear something scary? Christmas is exactly one month away today! If you celebrate Christmas, I really hope that you are much more organised that I am. Lots of festive events coming up:
- Agape House, in partnership with the Corporation of Hamilton, presents the 16th Annual Tree of Lights, a memorial tree which stands in front of City Hall. The Tree Lighting Ceremony is tomorrow at 6pm (**UPDATE: 5.30pm) and will include performances from Saltus Junior School Choir, Menuhin Foundation, Bermuda Regiment Band, Bermuda Island Pipe Band and a special appearance by SANTA CLAUS!! Here's the flyer.
- Also happening tomorrow, The Centre Against Abuse are holding a Black Friday Sale. This will take place at the Jack King Building in the Botanical Gardens between 10am and 6pm. The deal is that you pay $30 and then fill a bag of apparel and household items. There will also be baked goods for sale. For further information, call 292-4366. Here's the flyer!
- Quick update on the Santa Parade on Sunday, the roads will be closed from 12 noon and the parade starts at 5pm – I updated the original post here.
- The third Under The Moongate Supper Club is coming up at Beau Rivage on Tuesday, December 7th. There are a couple of different options for this one – the main restaurant table will cost $105 (including grats, excluding drinks), the Chef's table in the kitchen will cost $128 (again, including grats, excluding drinks) and if you're interested in the optional wine-pairing, add on $40. As always, spaces are limited and it's first come, first served, so RSVP to email@example.com. Here's the flyer!
- A bit of a Christmas/New Year update from Fairmont Southampton. First up, on Christmas Day, there will be a Christmas Brunch at Windows on the Sound from 10.30am until 4pm at a cost of $59 per person. Christmas Dinner will be served at Waterlot Inn and Bacci (a la carte) between 5pm and 10pm and a Gourmet Christmas Dinner at the Newport Room between 6pm and 10pm at a cost of $89 per person (call 238-8000, extension 6276 for reservations). On New Year's Eve from 8.30pm until 1am, there will be a buffet dinner and dance in the Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre, featuring The Kennel Boys and DJ Stubby. Tickets are $129 and available now from www.bdatix.com. Also on NYE, from 8.30pm until 1am, there will be a Five Course Dinner and Dancing at Waterlot Inn ($159 per person) featuring the Toni Bari Trio or Ultimate New Year’s Dinner at the Newport Room ($149 per person), also from 8.30pm until 1am. Another NYE option is the Chocolate Extravaganza in Jasmine Lounge, featuring pianist Erskine Phillips and the Joy Wylie Trio from 8.30pm until 1am. There will be a New Year's Day Brunch at Windows at a cost of $59 per person. To reserve any of these, call 238-8000, extension 6276. I'm just waiting on pricing information and will update when I receive this!
- And now for the other Fairmont! The Hamilton Princess will be holding a Sumptuous Christmas Day Brunch at a cost of $59 per person. This will be in the Harbourview Ballroom from 11.30am until 3.30pm with Don Johann on the piano. From 6pm until 9pm, there will be a Traditional Gala Buffet in the Harbourview Ballroom, again with Don Johann on the piano (they're working him hard that day!) and at a cost of $59 per person. On New Year's Eve, there will be a Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant from 6pm until 10.30p at a cost of $125 per person. On New Year's Day, there will be a Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant between 12 noon and 4pm at a cost of $49 per person. To reserve any of these, call the Concierge Desk on 298-5779.
- The Olde Towne Street Market is expanding! They have now launched a Flea and Antique Market for interested vendors to sell their secondhand bric-a-brac, books, household items, etc. on King's Square on a Sunday afternoon. The cost is only $10 and you just need to provide your own table to display your goods. No tents allowed but you will be able to use an umbrella if you want shelter. You will be able to sign up on the day and only need to commit to one Sunday at a time. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Here's the application form with more details.
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Patron Zone II - November 26th
Bacchanalian Society of Bermuda Power of Three Wine-Tasting - November 26th
16th Annual Tree of Lights – November 26th
Centre Against Abuse Black Friday Sale – November 26th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Marketplace Santa Parade– November 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout– December 3rd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Cardinals Field Hockey Ugly Christmas Sweater Party - December 4th
15th Annual Home-Grown Alternatives Shopping Event– December 4th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
Under The Moongate Supper Club at Beau Rivage – December 7th
BMDS Pantomime: The Firebird - December 9th to 18th
Snowball Party at Fairmont Southampton - December 11th
Christmas Brunch at Windows on the Sound – December 25th
Sumptuous Christmas Day Brunch at Hamilton Princess – December 25th
Traditional Gala Buffet at Hamilton Princess – December 25th
Christmas Dinner at Waterlot Inn – December 25th
Christmas Dinner at Bacci – December 25th
Gourmet Christmas Dinner at the Newport Room – December 25th
Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre Buffet Dinner/Dance – December 31st
Five Course Dinner and Dancing at Waterlot Inn – December 31st
Ultimate New Year’s Dinner at the Newport Room – December 31st
Chocolate Extravaganza in Jasmine Lounge – December 31st
Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant – December 31st
Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant – January 1st
Brunch at Windows on the Sound – January 1st
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there, and Happy Random Thursday to the rest of you!