November 4th, 2010
Happy Friday Eve Everyone!
Sounds so much better than Thursday, right?
- Time to start shopping for Christmas presents and decorations! The Christmas Craft and Flea Market will take place at St. Mary's Church Hall in Warwick on Saturday, November 6th, from 9am until 2pm and might give you a few ideas.
- The Economic Empowerment Zones Agency (EEZA), the Angle Street Community Centre and The Chewstick Foundation are partnering up to host the EEZA’s 3rd Annual For The People Community Street Festival. From 3pm until 10pm on Saturday, November 6th (**UPDATE: this has been postponed until November 13th), there will be kids’ games, two stages of live entertainment, a historical walking tour, complimentary food and drinks, prizes and more. This free event aims to celebrate the oft-maligned North East Hamilton (“back-a-town”) area and to recognize the unique and thriving community there . For more details, see http://chewstick.org/981. Here’s the flyer!
- The Rugby Classic Warm Up Party will be at Docksiders on Saturday, November 6th from 9pm and will feature live music from The Crazy Wednesdays, Mohawk Radio and Vinyl Jam as well as DJ Smokey and Coyote Ugly Set. Drinks specials include $4 Coronas and $4 Dark 'n' Stormies. Tickets are $15 and available from Dockies in advance or on the door.
- P.A.L.S. Cancer Care in Bermuda are holding their Annual Fair at St. Paul's Church and Christian Education Centre, Paget on Saturday November 13th, between 10am and 4pm. For more details, contact email@example.com.
- A few special offers, firstly Moon Nightclub and The Cellar at the Fairmont Southampton are offering drinks specials, especially for Rugby Week. Beers and highballs are $5 for players (free round of shots for the winners of that day's game) and there will be drinks specials for fans too. Here's the flyer!
- The Spa at Elbow Beach have released some new offers for November and December – here’s the flyer!
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess are having a 7 Day Sale! Valid for stays up until March 31, 2011, they are offering room rates for $149 a night, including breakfast. Upgraded room categories are also discounted, for more details or to book, click here.
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
City Scavenger Hunt - October 18th to November 12th
Roaring 20 at Fairmont - October 31st to November 5th
Bermuda Fashion Collective Show - November 4th
The Sunshine League Amazing Cookie Bake Sale – November 5th
World Rugby Classic Week - November 5th to 12th
Opening Night Party – November 5th
First Round Matches – November 7th to 8th
World Rugby Classic Golf Tournament – November 9th
Semi-Finals – November 10th to 11th
On The Waterfront Party – November 12th
2010 Finals Day – November 13th
Anusara Yoga Workshop - November 5th to 7th
Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda Workshops 2010 - November 5th to 6th
November Mambo Nights - November 6th
Fireworks in St. Georges - November 6th
Christmas Craft and Flea Market – November 6th
EEZA’s 3rd Annual For The People Community Street Festival – November 6th November 13th
Rugby Classic Warm Up Party – November 6th
The Hilarious Comedy of Hypnotist Fernandez – November 12th to 13th
ANCOP International (Bermuda)’s Rock of Love - November 13th
P.A.L.S. Annual Fair – November 13th
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Under the Moongate Supper Club - November 18th
KatKids Christmas Market 2010 - November 19th
Wines for the Holidays - November 19th
Deerfield Ranch Wine Maker’s Dinner & Wine Pairing - November 20th
Weekend Film Series (Countdown to Zero and Heartbreaker) - November 21st
Bacardi 8K Road Race and Walk - November 21st
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 24th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball 2010 - November 27th
Handel's Messiah at the Museum - November 27th to 28th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series - December 2nd
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout– December 3rd
TRFC Fight Night XII: Festive Fists - December 4th
Cardinals Field Hockey Ugly Christmas Sweater Party - December 4th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
BMDS Pantomime: The Firebird - December 9th to 18th
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
MONKEY NEWS: Deekie the Monkey steals a grape and then makes a series of hysterical faces – this video only lasts for a minute but kept me amused for hours:
Enjoy the rest of the week and try to behave at the rugby parties!