December 22nd, 2010
It's the second last Wednesday of the year! Only ten days left to make your mark on 2010 – get out there and do something memorable! Here are the latest Bermuda events to give you some inspiration:
- Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to the Samahdi Spa Open House tonight – this event has been cancelled.
- Duchess Boutique in Dockyard is celebrating their 5 year anniversary with the launch of www.DuchessBoutique.Com. The launch party will be at Ferrari Bar tomorrow from 10pm until 3am, with music by YGS and Scoobay. iStore will be providing computers so that you can shop online while having a few cocktails, Blackberry Torch and iPad giveaways for online purchases and next day delivery for purchases made. Tickets are $15 in advance from iStore or from Duchess Boutique, or $20 on the door. Here's the flyer!
- Can't wait until NYE to get your drink on? Bermuda Bistro at the Beach are getting the party started early with Doug & Becca's Mad Hatters' Party on Thursday, December 30th. There will be an open bar from 10pm until 2am, complimentary nibbles, specialty shots, beer pong, DJ D-Nice and prizes for your hat creativity. Tickets are $69 and available from any staff member. Here's the link to the Facebook event.
- To commemorate the 8th Anniversary of the Chewstick Movement, the Chewstick Foundation have selected eight artists to perform as a Best-of-Bermuda showcase at their celebration on on New Year’s Day. This will be the final show at Spinning Wheel, since they will soon be opening the doors to their own facility, and Joy T. Barnum, Aden Peets, Stephan Johnstone, Tiffany Paynter, K.A.S.E., Jammin’, Canjelae and D’Warning will all be performing. The evening will also serve as a fundraising event for their new Chewstick Neo-Griot Lounge & Café and they are hoping to raise $50,000 to create Bermuda's premier live entertainment spot. Following this, there will be a limited open mic and DJ/dancing. Tickets are $30 or $150 for Patrons and are available from Chewstick HQ (corner of Court Street and Elliot Street), call 292 2439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the press release with full details.
- I can't believe we have so many upcoming 2011 events already. From Friday, February 25th until Wednesday, March 5th, The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show will be coming to Bermuda! This event is hosted by Sandys Rotary Club in the Mid-Ocean Ampitheatre at the Fairmont Southampton. Rick Thomas is an award-winning premier illusionist, having completed five world tours covering over 50 countries, and currently stars in his own show at the Sahara Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. More details on Rick and his show, including a video montage can be found at www.rickthomasbermuda.com. Early Bird ticket prices are in effect until Christmas Eve. Tickets are available now on www.premierticketsglobal.com and prices range from $40 to $70 for adults, $20 to $40 for children under 12 and $90 to $100 for VIPs. This event will raise funds for charitable donations selected by the Sandys Rotarian Club and additional donations may be made on the Premier Tickets website. Here's the flyer!
- BOND, the best-selling Australian/British string quartet, are coming to Bermuda to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of The Menuhin Foundation. They will perform for one night only in the Mid-Ocean Ampitheatre at the Fairmont Southampton on Saturday, March 19th with the after-party at Windows on the Sound. The show will feature a combined piece with BOND and The Menuhin Youth Orchestra and guest appearances by The Menuhin Quartet and Shine Hayward. The after-party will include a decadent dessert buffet, signature Menuhini's, Black Jack, Roulette, Craps, Crown and Anchor and a silent auction. All proceeds for the evening and the after-party will go to The Menuhin Foundation programmes which provides over 400 school students with free music tuition. Tickets are $130 (this includes the after-party) or $80 students under 18 (willl not be admitted to the after-party) and available now on www.bdatix.com.
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda.com 12 Days of Christmas - November 30th to December 27th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
Muse Shopping Event - December 21st to 22nd
Samadhi Spa Open House - December 22nd
Duchess Boutique Website Launch Party – December 23rd
Christmas Eve at Lemon Tree - December 24th
Christmas Brunch at Windows on the Sound - December 25th
Sumptuous Christmas Day Brunch at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Traditional Gala Buffet at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Christmas Dinner at Waterlot Inn - December 25th
Christmas Dinner at Bacci - December 25th
Gourmet Christmas Dinner at the Newport Room - December 25th
Christmas Day Lunch or Dinner at Beau Rivage - December 25th
Neon Nights at Ferrari Bar at LV's - December 27th
Doug & Becca's Mad Hatters' Party – December 30th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda Hogmanay NYE Ball - December 31st
Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre Buffet Dinner/Dance - December 31st
Five Course Dinner and Dancing at Waterlot Inn - December 31st
Ultimate New Year’s Dinner at the Newport Room - December 31st
Chocolate Extravaganza in Jasmine Lounge - December 31st
Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant - December 31st
New Year’s Eve at Lido - December 31st
New Year’s Eve Buffet at the Golf Club, Tucker's Point - December 31st
The Point NYE Dinner and Afterparty at Tucker's Point - December 31st
NYE Party & Dancing at Tucker's Point - December 31st
The Reefs New Year's Eve Celebration - December 31st
Beau Rivage NYE Gala Dinner - December 31st
Moon Nightclub and Lounge New Year’s Eve Blast - December 31st
Deuces 2010: Black and White Affair at The Cellar - December 31st
Cambridge Beaches NYE at Tamarisk - December 31st
Heineken presents Countdown on the Pier - December 31st
Cafe 4 Sapphire New Year's Eve - December 31st
Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant - January 1st
Brunch at Windows on the Sound - January 1st
8th Anniversary of the Chewstick Movement – January 1st
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Chewstick Seminar II: How to Protect your Hit Song - January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show – February 25th to March 5th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached – March 19th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th
I thought this was a funny article about something that Bermuda loves best – enjoy:
MONKEY NEWS: Okay, I know I have been a bit lax on Monkey News recently so I hope this will make up for it. Obviously, if this story is true, it is both disturbing and terrifying…BUT this video is pretty hilarious, especially the animated part:
Have a wonderful Christmas to all of you who celebrate it and enjoy the break if you don't!