December 6th, 2010
Well, I don't know about you lot, but I have finally accepted that summer is over and have brought out all the electric heaters, hot water bottles and warm blankets (yes, I realise that I have been in denial for much longer than most people). Let's not even mention the extra-lousy weather we had yesterday, let's get straight down to more of the festive fun that is coming up:
- The next Bermuda.com 12 Days of Christmas offer will be at Gibbons Company today between 12 noon and 2pm. There will be an in-store DJ and lots of exclusive savings, including 40% off many items and $150 for a 4-piece Pierre Cardin Luggage set. For more details, see www.bermuda.com/christmas.
- My Sereni-Tea are having a shopping night tonight between 5pm and 8pm. Complimentary tea and goodies will be offered and you'll receive 10% off of all purchases.
- Samadhi Spa at Newstead Belmont Hills are holding another Open House on Wednesday, December 22nd between 6pm and 9pm. This will be a monthly event until April. As well as a tour of the facility, there will also be complimentary mini-treatments, shopping opportunities, live Latin music, complimentary tapas and a cash bar. If you RSVP in advance, you'll be entered into a draw to win a Samadhi Signature Massage or Natural Facial (you have to be present to win). To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or accept the invitation on Facebook! **UPDATE** This event has been cancelled.
- It is a widely-known fact that the Scots know how to celebrate New Year’s Eve in style! Such is our enthusiasm for the last day of the year that we even have our own word for it (Hogmanay), with the Edinburgh Hogmanay Street Party being the biggest New Year event in the world. Luckily, the Caledonian Society of Bermuda have stepped in to save you the plane fare and are bringing a little piece of Scotland to you in Bermuda! Their famous Hogmanay Ball will be at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess on Friday, December 31st. The event kicks off with an open-bar cocktail reception from 7.30pm with a rendition of Auld Lang Syne at 8pm (midnight in Scotland). At 8.30pm, we will be seated for a delicious Scottish-themed four-course dinner with wine included. You can also expect party favours, a raffle, champagne at midnight and DJ King Arthur keeping you on the dancefloor until 3am. Dress code is black tie and tickets are $175 each, including everything but additional drinks. Proceeds go towards various community charities. Ian Hind will be coordinating ticket sales so please contact him at IHind@becl.bm. You can also reserve a full table if you have a party of 10 to 12 people. If you'd like to stay overnight, there is a special rate of $149. Here's the poster.
- The Barracuda Grill have brought back their Spectacular Lobster Sundays dinner special. For the price of $49.99, you can have a 1/2 Bermuda Spiny Lobster, served either broiled or Thermador with an appetizer and dessert. This will be available every Sunday night between now and March 27th, subject to local market availability. Here's the flyer!
- Anyone struggling for Christmas gift ideas for their other half? Cambridge Beaches have some offers on right now that could be a perfect solution – here's the link.
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda.com 12 Days of Christmas - November 30th to December 27th
Teddy Bear Tea - December 4th to 24th
My Sereni-Tea Shopping Night – December 6th
Under The Moongate Supper Club at Beau Rivage - December 7th
Eh Ehn Bye Santa's Too Big - December 8th
CedarBridge Academy Winter Pops Concert - December 9th
BMDS Pantomime: The Firebird - December 9th to 18th
Snowball Party at Fairmont Southampton - December 11th
The Nutcracker Holiday Spectacular - December 18th
Samadhi Spa Open House – December 22nd
Christmas Brunch at Windows on the Sound - December 25th
Sumptuous Christmas Day Brunch at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Traditional Gala Buffet at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Christmas Dinner at Waterlot Inn - December 25th
Christmas Dinner at Bacci - December 25th
Gourmet Christmas Dinner at the Newport Room - December 25th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda Hogmanay NYE Ball – December 31st
Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre Buffet Dinner/Dance - December 31st
Five Course Dinner and Dancing at Waterlot Inn - December 31st
Ultimate New Year’s Dinner at the Newport Room - December 31st
Chocolate Extravaganza in Jasmine Lounge - December 31st
Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant - December 31st
Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant - January 1st
Brunch at Windows on the Sound - January 1st
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
You have to wonder what went through her mind – some people are daft beyond belief:
MONKEY NEWS: How did I not know about this festival?! This one is going in my diary for next year:
Have a great week everyone!