January 12th, 2011
- For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Andrew Stevenson will be having another lecture and screening of his award-winning documentary, Where the Whales Sing, at 7pm (cocktails from 6.30pm) on Thursday, January 13th at BUEI. Tickets are available from the BUEI Gift Shop and cost $15 for members and $20 for non-members. There will also be a dinner afterwards at Harbourfront at a cost of $39.75 - see here for details .
- The Bermuda History and Cultural Studies Room of the Bermuda National Library are showing a series of films on Tuesdays and Thursday during January 2011 from noon. All films are free of charge but space is limited so anyone interested in bringing a group should contact the Local Studies Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org. The films are about local Bermudian traditions, culture and history and an outline of the films, their content and running times can be found here.
- My Sereni-Tea are hosting a Space Clearing 101 Workshop on Sunday, January 16th from 2pm until 5pm. The cost is $65 and includes workbooks and all materials. To register, contact Celtic Sisters Deryn or Alyson on 296-2114 or at email@example.com. Here is the flyer with more details.
- The Weekend Film Series is coming up again this Sunday and this month’s selections look particularly good. The 3pm feature is Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer, which was shortlisted for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Film. The 5.15pm feature is Down Terrace, a black comedy which won Best UK Feature at the British Independent Film Awards. Tickets to each film are $15 and available from the BUEI gift shop. Here is the press release with full details.
- More Scottish celebrations – Mad Hatter's are hosting a Burns Supper on Saturday, January 22nd. The cost is $55 for a five-course menu and more details can be found on their website here.
- Another event from My Sereni-Tea, this time they are hosting a Reiki Kids Class on Sunday, January 23rd from 10am until 2pm. Facilitated by Reiki Masters Deryn Higgins and Andrea Moniz, this course includes history and instruction on Reiki, attunement and hands-on activities and is suitable for kids aged between 10 and 14. The cost is $75 and they’d just have to bring their own lunch. To register, contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deryn at email@example.com. Here is the flyer with full details.
- The Gene Steede Comedy Gala Roast & Toast, scheduled for Sunday, January 9th, was postponed and will now take place on Sunday, January 23rd instead. I have updated the original post here.
- For anyone (like me) who likes having stay-cations in Bermuda, you’ll be pleased to know that Fairmont Southampton are now having a 50% off sale with rooms starting at $129. This offer is valid between now and March 17th and rooms have to be booked before January 15th. See here for full details.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Alonzo Bodden One-Man Show Double Threat Comedy Show - January 12th
Bermuda National Library Film – Bermuda Traditions: Episode 2 – January 13th
Where the Whales Sing – January 13th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 13th to 15th
36th Bermuda International Race Weekend - January 14th to 16th
Chewstick Seminar II: How to Protect your Hit Song - January 16th
Weekend Film Series – January 16th
My Sereni-Tea Space Clearing 101 – January 16th
Bermuda National Library Film – Bermuda Five Centuries - January 18th and 20th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Mad Hatter's Burns Supper – January 22nd
Gene Steede Comedy Gala Roast & Toast - January 9th 23rd
My Sereni-Tea Reiki Kids Class – January 23rd
Bermuda National Library Film – Bermuda Five Centuries - January 25th and 27th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's Annual Burns Supper - January 29th
Miss Bermuda Pageant Entry Deadline - February 1st
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th