January 21st, 2011
Sorry for the delay in getting this week's post out but my internet has been down for over a week which means I have to be a little wi-fi hobo to get anything done! I'm in a really bad mood about it but luckily today is National Hugging Day so I'm expecting all of you to make me feel better with a sympathic hug when you see me. Normal service should resume by next week, otherwise I will be inventing a new way to access the internet:
- At Royal Bermuda Yacht Club (RBYC) this Saturday, January 22nd, there will be a Memorial/Celebration Auction for Leaha Lanfear from 7pm until 10pm. As I'm sure most of you are aware, Leaha died in a bike accident shortly before Christmas and all proceeds will go towards helping her family pay for final expenses. Tickets are $50 for entry and hors d'oeuvres throughout the night with drinks at Happy Hour prices. Here is the link to the Facebook event with full details. The Bermuda Offshore Cruising Association (BOCA) have also organised a Memorial Sailing Race in honour of Leaha and this will take place the following day, on Sunday, January 23rd, starting at RBYC at 9am, with a prize-giving at the Royal Hamilton Amateur Dinghy Club at 3pm.
- Riddell's Bay Golf and Country are hosting a Wine Dinner tomorrow, January 22nd. Cocktails are from 7pm until 7.45pm and dinner begins at 8pm. The cost is $79 per person and one lucky couple in attendance will receive a complimentary two night stay on the Fairmont Gold Level at the Fairmont Southampton, which has a $1200 value. Reservations can be made by calling 238-1060 ext.112 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's a copy of the menu!
- I for one can't wait for the Bermuda International Film Festival in March so am pleased that we'll get a little taster before then. BIFF have just launched BIFFlix, their monthly film screenings and are kicking it off with the comedy I Love You Phillip Morris, showing at Tradewinds Auditorium at BUEI on Thursday, January 27th at 6.30pm. Tickets are $9 for members or $13 for non-members and are available online at www.premierticketsglobal.com
- The Caledonian Society of Bermuda have released the menu and poster for their Annual Burns Supper next Saturday, January 29th – I have updated the original post here.
- Under the Moongate Supper Club will be hosting their next get-together at Harbourfront Restaurant on Saturday, January 29th. The cost will be $80 for dinner alone with wines charged by the glass if you'd like to opt for their recommended wine-pairings. If you'd like to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com ASAP as spaces are limited. Here's a copy of the menu.
- In collaboration with the Bermuda National Gallery, The Department of Community and Cultural Affairs has announced a launch party and reading of This Poem-Worthy Place: Bermuda Anthology of Poetry Vol. II. This free event at BNG will be on Thursday, February 3rd from 5.30pm with a reception at 6pm. Light refreshments will be served and there will be a special launch night price of $15 for the book (will normally retail at $20 when it goes on general sale on February 7th). Here is the flyer with details.
- The awesome Hasty Pudding Theatricals from Harvard University invite you to get "curried away" with their 163rd production, Kashmir If You Can. This show never fails to be hilarious and will be at City Hall from March 17th to 19th. I'll update with more details (ticket availability, pricing, etc.) when I get them.
- Starting this Sunday we'll have a new brunch option. The Point at Tucker's Point Hotel and Spa will be serving brunch between 11.30am and 2.30pm at a cost of $42 per person.
- Happy Hour is back at Ferrari Bar at LV's from 4.30pm until 7.30pm, Tuesday 'til Friday. In addition to their Happy Hour prices (highballs and beers are $6, wine is $8), there will also be a complimentary array of tapas and their beef carvery. Here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda National Library Film – Bermuda Five Centuries - January 18th and 20th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Mad Hatter's Burns Supper - January 22nd
Leaha Lanfear Memorial/Celebration Auction – January 22nd
Riddell's Bay Golf and Country Wine Dinner – January 22nd
Gene Steede Comedy Gala Roast & Toast - January 9th 23rd
My Sereni-Tea Reiki Kids Class - January 23rd
Leaha Lanfear Memorial Sailing Race – January 23rd
Bermuda National Library Film – Bermuda Five Centuries - January 25th and 27th
BIFFLIX: I Love You Phillip Morris – January 27th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's Annual Burns Supper - January 29th
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Harbourfront - January 29th
Miss Bermuda Pageant Entry Deadline - February 1st
This Poem-Worthy Place: Bermuda Anthology of Poetry Vol. II Launch Party and Reading – February 3rd
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can – March 17th to 19th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th