January 26th, 2011
Happy Hump Day Everyone!
- Those of you who lament the lack of live music in Bermuda will be pleased to know that Janita Larue will be performing live at Pickled Onion tonight from 9.30pm until midnight. Her set will include acoustic, originals and top 40. Here’s the link to the Facebook event.
- The Sunshine League Children's Home is celebrating its 92nd anniversary of supporting Bermuda's foster children. To celebrate this milestone, Robin Hood Pub and Restaurant are holding a Dinner Fundraiser on Friday, January 28th from 6pm until 11pm. Simply hand over a copy of this fundraiser flyer to your server that night and 10% of your dinner bill will go directly to the Sunshine League – easy peasy!
- Sandys 360 are celebrating their one-year anniversary in style with a whole week of events! This kicks off with their First Annual 24-Hour Swim-a-thon on Friday, February 4th from 5pm until 6pm the following day. On Saturday, February 5th is Sir George Ratteray 5K Walk/Run/Cycle and Community Wellness Fair from 8am until 7pm at Sandys Secondary Middle School Field. Wednesday, February 9th is a little less physical with Bedtime Stories for Children between 6pm and 8.30pm in Sandys 360 Gymnasium. The following day is a Seniors’ Luncheon from 11.45am until 2pm in Sandys 360 Gymnasium and that evening in the same venue is the Sandys 360 Public Forum on the topic of Strengthening Communities. On Friday, February 11th is a Prayer Breakfast at 7am and a Community Quiz Competition at 7.30pm, both in Sandys 360 Gymnasium. The celebrations end on Sunday, February 13th with a Church Service at 11am at Allen Temple AME and from 3pm until 5pm, parents are encouraged to bring their kids and a picnic lunch and enjoy the pool facilities and activities for a charge of $5. Full details on these and all the registration forms you need are on their website here. All funds raised go towards their youth development programmes.
- Time to start thinking about Valentine’s Day – or as I like to call it, Mini-Easter! Do NOT tell me this is a Hallmark holiday – I like any excuse to celebrate chocolate! Anyway, Newstead Belmont Hills are offering a Romantic Getaway Package for two which includes, roundtrip airport transportation (I guess this is only applicable for tourists or people who really like hanging out at the airport), accommodation in a one-bedroom suite, bottle of Veuve Clicquot plus chocolate-covered strawberries (yay), a dozen red roses in the suite, daily breakfast at Beau Rivage and a 60 minute Couples Full Body Massage. The offer is valid throughout February and the cost for a one-night stay is $922.87 or $1290.74 for a two-night stay and includes all taxes. For more details, see their website here.
- Unite Exclusive and Moon Nightclub and Lounge are getting in on the romantic vibe and hosting The Valentine’s Red Party on Saturday, February 12th. Highlights of the evening include early complimentary Redtini's and hors d'oeuvres, early live acts and goodie giveaways, early complimentary entry to ladies "attending" via their Facebook invite and $5 select drink specials all night. Dress code is red or black and doors open at 9pm. Tickets are $25 in advance and available from Music World, Moon or firstname.lastname@example.org Here's the flyer!
- The Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk will be on Sunday. February 27th from 8.30am and will start and finish at the Wesley Street entrance to City Hall Car Park. The registration fee is $25 and $20 goes to the charity of your choice with the other $5 going to support www.volunteer.bm, Bermuda's only volunteer recruitment website. To register go to www.racedayworld.com - the first 350 registrants will receive a free t-shirt. Prizes will be given for the largest corporate team, the largest youth team and the team with the most spirit! Here's the flyer!
- Always popular with golfing enthusiasts, details on the Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic are now on www.rbtcharitygolf.org. Corresponding events will run from April 1st until Friday, April 8th and since its beginning the charity has raised in excess of $2.7M for over 75 Bermudian charities. **UPDATE** Tickets are now available online at www.premierticketsglobal.com.
- Little Venice is offering a Family-Style dinner special for a minimum of 6 people. For $42.75 per person for three courses or $49.75 for four courses, you can share three types of Italian antipasto, three types of pasta dishes, three entrees and three desserts with 50% off selected wines. For reservations, call 295-3503. Here's the flyer.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Bermuda National Library Film – Bermuda Five Centuries - January 25th and 27th
Janita Larue Live at Pickled Onion – January 26th
BIFFLIX: I Love You Phillip Morris - January 27th
Sunshine League Dinner Fundraiser at Robin Hood – January 28th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's Annual Burns Supper - January 29th
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Harbourfront - January 29th
Miss Bermuda Pageant Entry Deadline - February 1st
Sandys 360 Anniversary Celebrations – February 4th to 13th
The Valentine's Red Party at Moon – February 12th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk – February 27th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can - March 17th to 19th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic – April 1st to 8th