February 11th, 2011
Friday at last!
Looks like this is going to be a busy weekend with the various events going on! To make it easier for you, I have consolidated all the Valentine's flyers into one album, which you can find here. Note that not everything produces a flyer so double-check the Quick Recap section below for a full listing.
- Gibbons are getting in on the love vibe with a variety of in-store Valentine's activities from today until Sunday. This ranges from free cupcakes and cocktail sampling to live music and raffle prizes. Full details can be found on the flyer here.
- Versatile local group Prestege presents Pre-Valentine's Day Party at Henry VIII Restaurant tonight from 9.30pm until 11.30pm. Here's the link to the Facebook event.
- The Church Girls' Brigade and Boys' Brigade are holding a fundraising Valentine's Fair and Car Wash at St Paul's Church Hall on Saturday, February 12th from 10am until 4pm. This will feature raffles, books, crafts, refreshments, a fun castle, as-new goods, white elephant, a bake stall and more. For more details on the brigade and their work, please see their website at www.bermudaboysbrigade.com. Here's the flyer!
- Barmuvinjam present Sexy and Seductive at Ferrari Bar at LV's tonight from 10pm until 3am. This is a pre-Valentine party for couples and singles alike and is sponsored by Nuvo and Baileys with specialty drinks and DJ D-Nice. Here's the link to the Facebook event.
- Beluga Seafood are hosting a Veuve Clicquot party tomorrow from 5pm with raffle prizes and specials on bubbly. For more details, see their Facebook Page here.
- The Cellar at the Fairmont Southampton, along with VIP Promotions present LOVE / HATE Valentine's Party tomorrow night from 10pm until 3am. Music will be provided by Mikey B and DJ Aztec and entry is free with invite or RSVP on Facebook. Here's the flyer.
- Chewstick Neo-griot Lounge and Cafe are spreading the love in a different way with the Welcome to Harlem: Investors' Party tomorrow night from 8pm until 11pm. The aim of this party is to gain financial upport for a very exciting film project. Welcome to Harlem is described as a funny, edgy, unorthodox, insightful and creative film project, by a dynamic group of artists. They are asking for an investment, with every intention and expectation of repaying it fully along with much more. Here is the link to the Facebook Event with more details.
- Get ready for the warm-up event for Carnival 2011 in Trinidad! I Love Soca! will be at Ferrari Bar at LV's tomorrow from 10pm until 3am. Your DJs for the evening will be DNice, Rusty G and D'General and this event is free. Contact your Barmuvinjam Rep for a ticket – here's the link to the Facebook event.
- The St. George's Cricket Club are getting use out of both levels tomorrow night with their Best of Both Worlds Pre-Valentine's Party from 10pm until 4am. Presented by Apache Promotions, downstairs will be couples only, with romantic music played by DJ Radigun and Ninja Cutty. Upstairs is for singles only, with music proided by China & Bussy, Magnum Force and Magic. This is for 25s and over and dress code will be "a touch of red, white or pink". Cost of admission is $20 for couples, $20 for singles and $10 for Club Members. Here's the flyer!
- Shine's House of Music and Entertainment are hosing a Singles Night on Sunday, February 13th. Based on the speed-dating concept, this event will also feature guest performers, cocktails, a three-course dinner, champagne toast and dancing to DJ Casper. Cocktails begin at 7.30pm, dinner at 8pm and tickets are $75 and available at www.bdatix.com. Here's the flyer!
- It seems that we can't get away from the Oscar buzz right now so we may as well embrace it! BIFF are bringing a little Hollywood glamour to Bermuda with the BIFF Academy Awards Celebration 2011 – And The Winner Is… This event will celebrate the Best Film nominees for this year's Academy Awards and you are invited to enjoy food, drinks, film clips and the music of Mohawk Radio and DJ Vibes at Tucker's Point Golf Club House on Saturday, February 26th at 7pm. There will also be a Calcutta auction where guests will be able to bid BIFF bucks on their favourite Oscar-nominated films for a prize. Tickets are $125 and available from www.premierticketsglobal.com. Here's the flyer! **UPDATE: This event has been cancelled**
- Schools to Know are inviting you to a Boarding School & Camp Fair at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess on Tuesday, February 22nd. From 5pm until 8pm, you will be able to learn about summer opportunities in the USA and Canada for kids aged 5 to 17. For more information, see the flyer here or call Tory Dodge, Schools to Know, 295-2070 ext 322.
- The Fairmont Southampton are having a 99 Hour Sale with rooms starting from $99 - full details are here and the offer ends tomorrow so be quick!
- A little collection of Valentine's menus for you now - Lido's are runnig a special Valentine's menu from today until Monday. The cost is $70 per person – here's the menu! The Dining Room at the Lighthouse have a Valentine's menu for $65 – here's the menu for that one. Primavera has closed down and is being replaced by the new restaurant Flying Fish, opening on Valentine's Day - here's the menu! Cambridge Beaches are offering, not just dinner, but room and spa offers as well – see here for the menu!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Sandys 360 Anniversary Celebrations - February 4th to 13th
Managing and Supervising Skills for the Bermuda Workplace - February 10th and 11th
Building Blocks Academy Open House - February 11th
Prestege Pre-Valentine's Day Party at Henry VIII's – February 11th
Gibbons Valentine's Promotions – February 11th to 13th
The Valentine's Red Party at Moon - February 12th
Riddell's Bay Valentine's Dinner Dance - February 12th
Nutty Nuptials Game– February 12th
Deuces, the Anti-Valentine's Party at Rumbar - February 12th
Modern Love at Rubber Tree Market - February 12th
Boys' Brigade Valentine's Fair and Car Wash – February 12th
LOVE / HATE Valentine's Party – February 12th
Sexy and Seductive at Ferrari Bar – February 12th
Best of Both Worlds Pre-Valentine's Party – February 12th
I Love Soca! will be at Ferrari Bar – February 12th
Welcome to Harlem: Investors' Party at Chewstick – February 12th
Beluga Seafood Veuve Clicquot Party – February 12th
National Theatre Live Series: FELA! - February 12th to 14th
St. George's Olde Towne Market restarts - February 13th
Nadanja’s Valentine’s Day Comedy Show – February 13th
Valentine's @ Shine's HOME – February 13th
Beau Rivage Valentine's Day special - February 14th
Be My Valentine at Cafe Cairo - February 14th
Bereolaesque: The Contemporary Experience - February 17th
Jersey Shore: The Party - February 18th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
Boarding School & Camp Fair – February 22nd
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
BIFF Academy Awards Celebration 2011 – And The Winner Is… – February 26th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk - February 27th
Eliza Dolittle Society’s 5th Annual Soup-A-Bowl - February 28th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
Kids Music Fest - March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can - March 17th to 19th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
World Dancing Championships - March 19th and 20th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic - April 1st to 8th
Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda - April 23rd
Catlin End-to-End 2011 - May 7th
Have a lovely weekend!