February 16th, 2011
LOTS going on in BDA over the next few months:
- BIFF's monthly film series BIFFlix will host a screening of Helena from the Wedding tomorrow, February 17th at 6.30pm in Tradewinds Auditorium at BUEI. Tickets are available in advance on www.premierticketsglobal.com or at the door on the day from 5.30pm. Tickets are $9 for BIFF members or $13 for non-members. For reservations or enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 293-3456.
- The word on the street is that there is a evening hosted by Gavin Wilson as Mark Twain at Royal Bermuda Yacht Club (RBYC) on Friday and Saturday. I'm still trying to get full details and a poster but wanted to give you a heads-up since it's such short notice. Tickets are $65 each and may also include a buffet. I'll update this post when I get confirmation of this or find out anything else. **UPDATE: The buffet dinner will be served at 6.30pm and the show starts at 8.15pm. Tickets are $65 for dinner and show and $35 for the show only. Here's the flyer!
- The next Weekend Film Series from Bermuda Docs is coming up on Sunday, February 20th at Tradewinds Auditorium, BUEI. The 3pm feature is Freedom Riders, a documentary by Stanley Nelson on the story of the civil rights activists that rode interstate buses into the segregated Deep South during the 1960's. The 5.30pm feature is Many Kisses Later, an Italian comedy box office smash. Tickets are $15 and available from BUEI Gift Shop. Here's the flyer!
- It's almost Mardi Gras time! Why head to Rio or Trinidad when you can get the carnival vibe right here in Bermuda? Latin-Rumbar are hosting Winter Carnival Festival on Saturday, February 26th from 9pm. Tickets are $10 and that goes towards building a pot of cash and prizes that you can win. Your $10 ticket cost goes to building a pot of cash and prizes that you can win and there is also a $500 prize for the best-dressed carnival style. The evening will also feature DJ D'General will be playing the latest Carnival tunes, live entertainment, WKD cooler specials and prizes, Bacardi Cocktail Specials and lots of prizes given away throughout the night (must be present to claim). Tickets are available from Latin and you can book your table and bottle reservations at 296-5050 or at www.irg.bm. Here's the flyer! **UPDATE: This has been postponed until March 12th and entry is now FREE**
- The 73nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition (formerly known as the Ag Show) will be at the Botanical Gardens from 8am until 6pm from Thursday, April 14th until Saturday, April 16th. Entry is 10 dollars and full details can be found at www.bdaexhibition.bm.
- Time to get creative, the Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter's Ball is coming on Saturday, April 16th from 8pm. There are prizes for Best Hat, Worst Hat and Biggest Hat so get your thinking cap on (pun intended). As usual, this will be at the Mariners' Club, tickets are $60 (includes open bar) and are available from any player. Here's the flyer! **UPDATE: This has been moved to Saturday, April 30th instead, tickets are now $20 and drinks are $5**
- A sure sign that summer is on the way, the Renegades RFC Booze Cruise is coming soon! This year's will be on Thursday, April 21st (don't worry, the next day is a public holiday) and the boat, The Bermudian, will depart Albuoy’s Point at 7pm sharp. Tickets are $60 in advance, available from email@example.com or online at www.premierticketsglobal.com and the price includes all you can drink. Here's the flyer!
- Bolero Brasserie have updated their menus – you can find them on their website here.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Bereolaesque: The Contemporary Experience - February 17th
BIFFlix: Helena from the Wedding – February 17th
Jersey Shore: The Party - February 18th
Mark Twain at RBYC – February 18th and 20th
Weekend Film Series (Freedom Riders and Many Kisses Later) – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
Boarding School & Camp Fair - February 22nd
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
BIFF Academy Awards Celebration 2011 – And The Winner Is… - February 26th
Latin-Rumbar Winter Carnival Festival – February 26th March 12th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk - February 27th
Eliza Dolittle Society’s 5th Annual Soup-A-Bowl - February 28th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
Kids Music Fest - March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can - March 17th to 19th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
World Dancing Championships - March 19th and 20th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic - April 1st to 8th
73nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition – April 14th to 16th
Renegades RFC Booze Cruise – April 21st
Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda - April 23rd
Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter's Ball – April 16th 30th
Catlin End-to-End 2011 - May 7th