February 24th, 2011
While typing this up, I noticed that this is the 100th Post that I have published! I think this calls for some kind of a celebration? Extra chocolate for me today!!
- For anyone disappointed that the BMDS Fawlty Towers show s0ld out so quickly (i.e. ME), fear not, tickets for the newest Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Bermuda show will be going on sale tomorrow! This production will be a musical adaptation of George Orwell’s classic Animal Farm and will run from Wednesday, March 23rd to Saturday, March 26th. The costumes should be interesting to say the least! Tickets are $30 and will be available from www.premierticketsglobal.com from tomorrow. Here’s the flyer!
- A few updates from Masterworks. As part of their Artists in the Garden and Artists in Residence Series, the upcoming exhibits at the Rick Faries Gallery are as follows: February 4th until March 2nd – Tracy Williams (oil paintings and watercolours), March 4th until March 16th – Marion Watlington (watercolours), March 18th – Patrick & Sarah Vandenberg (wood carving and acrylic paintings), April 1st until 27th – Otto Trott (oil paintings), May 12th – Jana Matusz (acrylics). In addition to these, there will be a lecture and presentation from Photographic Collections Intern, Paul Pegnato on Thursday, March 10th.
- Also from Masterworks are a few upcoming family-friendly activities. Super Saturdays are on the last Saturday of the month and families can participate in free art activities from 10am until 2pm. Each month has a different theme and this coming Saturday will celebrate Black History Month. In addition to this, they also have their Tiny Tots Programme for babies and toddlers every Wednesday from 10am until 11.30am with story time, free play, and art and craft at a cost of $7 for members and $10 for non-members. Just bring your own snack for snacktime. Full details on all of these can be found at www.bermudamasterworks.com
- A second volume of the Ride the Wave charity CD is in the works. The first volume showcased local musicians, such as Heather Nova and Collie Buddz, while raising over $40,000 for the Coalition for the Protection of Children’s breakfast programme. If you are a Bermudian artist interested in contributing to the new CD, contact project organiser Tony Brannon at 334-8669 or email@example.com.
- Beauty Junkies rejoice as a New York-style Nail Bar has opened up in Southampton. Located next to Scoops, you can find full details here.
- Beau Rivage Cocktail Hour is back! It’s still a little chilly to be enjoying a drink outside on their gorgeous patio but for the meantime, we can have drinks in L’Eau Bar instead. Here’s the flyer with the water shuttle schedule.
- Blû are running a special offer right now – simply dine at Blû and have a chance to win a dinner for 2. The draw will take place at their Mardi Gras Brunch on Sunday, March 6th. Here’s the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a Calendar view, see here:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts – January 18th to March 4th
Masterworks Exhibit: Tracy Williams – February 4th to March 2nd
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples’ Golf Tournament – February 20th to 27th
Boarding School & Camp Fair – February 22nd
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show – February 25th to March 5th
Chewstick Griot Session – Kombat: Hope for the Hood – February 25th
BIFF Academy Awards Celebration 2011 – And The Winner Is… – February 26th
Latin-Rumbar Winter Carnival Festival – February 26th March 12th
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Tom Moore’s Tavern – February 26th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk – February 27th
Chewstick Foundation’s CHEWronto Tour Auditions – February 27th
Eliza Dolittle Society’s 5th Annual Soup-A-Bowl – February 28th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Black History Month – February 28th
BMDS Fawlty Towers – February 28th to March 12th
Masterworks Exhibit: Marion Watlington – March 4th to 16th
Masterworks Lecture and Presentation from Paul Pegnato – March 10th
KatKids Event at BUEI – March 11th
Kids Music Fest – March 12th
3rd Annual Cancer Forum – March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can – March 17th to 19th
Masterworks Exhibit: Patrick & Sarah Vandenberg – March 18th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached – March 19th
Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre Open House – March 19th
World Dancing Championships – March 19th and 20th
G&S Show: Animal Farm – March 23rd to March 26th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship – March 25th to 27th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Under the Big Top – March 26th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic – April 1st to 8th
Masterworks Exhibit: Otto Trott – April 1st to 27th
73nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition – April 14th to 16th
Renegades RFC Booze Cruise – April 21st
Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda – April 23rd
Some Enchanted Evening 2011 – April 30th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Out of This World – April 30th
Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter’s Ball – April 16th 30th
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme – May 1st to June 30th
Osteoporosis – Are you at Risk? – May 5th
Catlin End-to-End 2011 – May 7th
Masterworks Exhibit: Jana Matusz – May 12th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: From Strength to Strength – May 28th
Tag Days 2011 – June 17th and 18th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: All Hands on Deck – June 25th
Ovarian Cancer – September 8th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk – October 12th
Taking Care of the Caregiver – December 8th
This might be the best photo caption I have ever seen on a serious news article – bravo BBC, bravo:
MONKEY NEWS: Dad?! Why are you in an animal park? Oops, it’s not him, now I’m in trouble:
Have a great weekend everyone!