February 2nd, 2011
February already…anyone else feel like they blinked and missed January?!
- Business Bermuda is hosting two free lunchtime seminars this month. The first is chaired by Derek Smith of the Bermuda Careers Centre on Thursday, February 3rd and is entitled Plan Today to Fund Education Tomorrow: A Panel Discussion. The second is on Tuesday, February 15th with Dr. Clarence Maxwell will be a historical talk entitled The Contradictory Lives of Enslaved Black Capitalists, 1600-1700s. For more information or to sign up online, go to http://www.businessbermuda.org/events/upcoming-events.
- Another event from Celtic Sisters who are holding a 2 Day Intuitive Development Retreat at Cambridge Beaches this weekend. From 10.30am until 1pm and 2.30pm until 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, they will be unlock your intuitive powers and tap into your inner sixth sense using new tools and techniques. The cost is $300 per person and includes the retreat plus workbook, pendulum and crystals. Special room rates are available to anyway who wants to stay out there. To register or for more information, call 296-2114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's the flyer with full details.
- P.A.L.S. 23rd Annual Sponsored Walk on Sunday, February 6th. This is for individuals and/or teams and walkers leave Dockyard at 7.30am sharp (free ferry from Hamilton at 7am) and finish at Albuoy's Point where you'll receive a certificate of participation. There will be no registration on the day so you need to register in advance at the P.A.L.S. office or at Washington Mall – see this attached flyer for dates and times.
- Moon Nightclub and Lounge will be hosting their first Superbowl Party on Sunday, February 6th and invite you to come watch the battle between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburg Steelers on their eight 50-inch screens. The tailgate party will start at 6pm with squares, giveaways and cheap drinks. All night long will be drink specials, $25 buckets of 6 beers, happy hour prices, giveaways, and superbowl food. Straight after the Superbowl will be the Superbowl Sunday After Party until 3am. For more information, or to reserve for a group of 5 or more people, please contact email@example.com or 595-6666. Here's the flyer!
- SalsaMania Productions invite you to their Hearts on Fire Salsa Party at The Cellar in Fairmont Southampton on Thursday, February 10th. The All-Latin Mix will be from 8.30pm until 10pm, followed by contemporary tunes until midnight. The optional dress code is Hot and Fiery in Red, Orange or Black. As usual, this is for dancers of all levels and there will be no cover charge and no dance partners necessary. For more details, visit www.bermudasalsa.com. Here's the flyer!
- Trainer Jan Fraser is offering a comprehensive workshop tailored to local needs, Managing and Supervising Skills for the Bermuda Workplace at the Chamber of Commerce, Albuoys Point. Part 1 will be from 9am until 1pm on Thursday February 10th and Part 2 will be from 9am until 1pm on Friday February 11th. The registration fee is $397 and if you register any three people from the same organisation for the same seminar date you can send a fourth person free. For more information, contact Michele Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 292-7279 ext 26. Here's the registration form.
- Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club are hosting a Valentine's Dinner Dance on Saturday, February 12th at 7pm. Entertainment is by the Max Maybury Band and includes a six-course dinner plus a complimentary glass of champagne and chocolates at a cost of $69 per person. To reserve, call 238-1060 ext. 112 or email email@example.com. Here's the flyer with the menu!
- The second season of St. George's Olde Towne Market will run from Sunday, February 13th until Sunday, April 10th and they are looking for all kinds of people people to get involved, specifically licensed fisherman, licensed farmers, vendors with pedlar's licenses (household; clothing; children's goods; books; shoes; sneakers; electronics etc.), crafts people, artists, musicians (buskers), street performers, face painters, bouncy castle operator(s), hot and cold food vendors (must be licensed), vintage, secondhand vendors (for the flea market), antiques vendors (for the flea market) and more. If interested, the application is on their website at www.oldetownemarket.com under the Vendors tab.
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort are offering a Valentine's Package for stays between February 10th and February 15th. The rate is $249.95 per night (inclusive of tax and gratuities) and the package includes the room, welcome bottle of champagne with chocolates and strawberries, and dinner for two in the Hibiscus Dining Room or Palm Court Restaurant. The booking window is from now until Valentine's Day and reservations can be made by calling 293-8333. Several upgrade options are available for anyone who wants any of the available add-ons (couple's massage from Nutura Spa, romantic room decorations or fruit, wine and cheese tray - full details are here and here's the flyer!
- Cambridge Beaches Resort and Spa are also having a special offer for Valentine's weekend with a rate of $199 per night with Romantic Breakfast in Bed included. To reserve, call 234-0331 ext. 242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sometimes we take it for granted but Bermuda really is a romantic place. Bermuda.com is celebrating Feel the Love Month with Lovers Lane, their guide to Valentine's Day. This includes Lovers Lane Discount Day on February 9th, with offers from Lusso, Eve's Garden, Flowers by GiMi, Lido, Designer Balloons, Secrets, Brown & Co, and many more. For details, see www.bermuda.com/lovers-lane.
- Also celebrating Feel the Love Month is Bermuda Department of Tourism who have organised a series of free activities including Champagne and Strawberries at Masterworks on Tuesdays and Fridays, Chocolate tasting at Gourmet Boutique on Wednesdays (guess where I'm going for lunch today!) and Feel the Love Fridays at City Hall. More details and a link to the brochure are under the Regular/Recurring Events section.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Miss Bermuda Pageant Entry Deadline - February 1st
Plan Today to Fund Education Tomorrow: A Panel Discussion – February 3rd
Sandys 360 Anniversary Celebrations - February 4th to 13th
2 Day Intuitive Development Retreat – February 5th and 6th
P.A.L.S. 23rd Annual Sponsored Walk - February 6th
Moon Superbowl Party – February 6th
Lovers Lane Discount Day – February 9th
Hearts on Fire Salsa Party – February 10th
Managing and Supervising Skills for the Bermuda Workplace – February 10th and 11th
The Valentine's Red Party at Moon - February 12th
Riddell's Bay Valentine's Dinner Dance – February 12th
St. George's Olde Towne Market restarts – February 13th
The Contradictory Lives of Enslaved Black Capitalists, 1600-1700s – February 15th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk - February 27th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can - March 17th to 19th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic - April 1st to 8th
This is an a-moo-sing article but the most fun part about it is seeing how many cow puns you can come up with. Not sure why the cow had such a beef with the garda, or why the garda let himself get knocked down – how dairy not mooove. Try for yourself and see how udder-ly ridiculous you can be – I've herd them all. Anyway, if I'm not mis-steak-en, I think I've milked this enough, here's the link: