February 9th, 2011
Happy Hump Day, we're already half-way through the week!
- Any ladies looking for that special outfit for Valentine's Day (or just in general) may want to stop by Modern Love at Rubber Tree Market in Warwick between 10am and 4pm as an array of clothes, shoes and accessories will be available. Here's the flyer!
- Another option for Valentine's weekend, Black and White Productions present Deuces, the Anti-Valentine's Party at Rumbar on Saturday, February 12th. Doors open at 10pm, there will be drink specials, giveaways and more, with music by special guest DJs Juwansome and Black Caesar. Tickets are $25 and are only sold in advance from email@example.com. Here's the flyer!
- Higher Visions presents the launch of the National Theatre Live Series, a new initiative to broadcase live performances of plays to cinemas worldwide. The first of these performances to air in Bermuda will be FELA!, running from Saturday, February 12th until Monday, February 14th at Neptune Cinema in Dockyard. FELA! is the true story of the legendary Nigerian musician Fela Kuti and is produced by Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Will Smith, and Jada Pinkett Smith. It recently completed a highly successful season on Broadway and opened to wide acclaim on January 13th, 2011 at the National Theatre of London. Tickets are $35 and available from www.premierticketsglobal.com. Here's the flyer!
- Beau Rivage are offering a special Valentine's Day five-course menu on Monday, February 14th. There are two seatings, at 6pm and 9pm, and the cost is $72 per person. Here's the flyer!
- Cafe Cairo are also offering a Be My Valentine special - here's the flyer.
- Some might argue that chivalry is dead – not if Bermudian organisation Menspeak have anything to do with it! Best-selling author Enitan O. Bereola II will be visiting Bermuda for the first in a series of 4 free lunchtime seminars. Bereolaesque: The Contemporary Experience will be on Thursday, February 17th from 1pm until 2.30pm in Room G301 at Bermuda College. For more info visit www.bereolaesque-online.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's the flyer!
- The following night goes completely in the opposite direction – time to look out your Bump-its and oil up your abs as Robin Hood F.C. and the Canaries Field Hockey Team present Jersey Shore: The Party on Friday, February 18th. Music is by Supatone Sound and there's a cash prize for the Best Guido/Guidette. Tickets are $10 in advance, from Robin Hood or by calling 337-2462/534-6751, or $15 on the door and there are Happy Hour drinks specials all night. Here's the flyer!
- The Eliza Dolittle Society’s 5th Annual Soup-A-Bowl, will be held at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess Ballroom on Monday, February 28th. Cocktails start at 6pm until 9pm and the ticket price of $75 includes tasting of all soups prepared by Bermuda's top chefs. Proceeds support Daily Bread, an island-wide feeding program. More details and online purchase are available at www.elizadolittle.com/soupabowl.html.
- Another one for the diary, the Catlin End-to-End 2011 will be on Saturday, May 7th. More details to follow. For anyone who wants to start preparing, the Get Ready Get Fit training programme has already started and details can be found here: www.bermudaendtoend.bm/content/get-ready-get-fit
- Save the date, boxing fans – Teachers RFC will be presenting Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda on Saturday, April 23rd. I'll post more details when I get them. If interested in competing, contact email@example.com or 504-4734. Here's the flyer! **UPDATE: For the first time in the history of Fight Night, K-1 Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts will be featured along with traditional Boxing. Tickets are available online from www.premierticketsglobal.com and cost $65 for general admission and $100 for VIP (includes open bar for VIPs). Here's the flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event.
- The Spa at Newstead Belmont Hills have released their February offers – here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 18th to March 4th
Sandys 360 Anniversary Celebrations - February 4th to 13th
Lovers Lane Discount Day - February 9th
Hearts on Fire Salsa Party - February 10th
Managing and Supervising Skills for the Bermuda Workplace - February 10th and 11th
Building Blocks Academy Open House - February 11th
The Valentine's Red Party at Moon - February 12th
Riddell's Bay Valentine's Dinner Dance - February 12th
Nutty Nuptials Game– February 12th
Deuces, the Anti-Valentine's Party at Rumbar – February 12th
Modern Love at Rubber Tree Market – February 12th
National Theatre Live Series: FELA! – February 12th to 14th
St. George's Olde Towne Market restarts - February 13th
Nadanja’s Valentine’s Day Comedy Show – February 13th
Beau Rivage Valentine's Day special – February 14th
Be My Valentine at Cafe Cairo – February 14th
Bereolaesque: The Contemporary Experience – February 17th
Jersey Shore: The Party – February 18th
Weekend Film Series – February 20th
Chewstick Seminar III: Songwriting Workshop - February 20th
Cambridge Beaches 2nd Annual Couples' Golf Tournament - February 20th to 27th
The Magic of Rick Thomas 2011 – Ultimate Tiger Encounter and Show - February 25th to March 5th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk - February 27th
Eliza Dolittle Society’s 5th Annual Soup-A-Bowl – February 28th
BMDS Fawlty Towers - February 28th to March 12th
Kids Music Fest - March 12th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can - March 17th to 19th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached - March 19th
World Dancing Championships - March 19th and 20th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 25th to 27th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic - April 1st to 8th
Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda – April 23rd
Catlin End-to-End 2011 – May 7th