March 18th, 2011
Happy Friday everyone!
I’m sure more than a few of you are nursing hangovers this morning. Good St. Patrick’s Day?
- In celebration of the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day, the Department of Human Affairs, Bermuda Women’s Council and the Ministry of Youth, Families, Sports and Community Development invite you to attend a series of events in March – here’s the flyer with full details.
- Good news for anyone who likes the Sean Connery look – nearly 50 Bermuda residents will have their heads shaved tonight to raise money for children’s cancer research! The St. Baldrick’s Foundation invite you to come and witness the shearing at Bermuda Athletic Association (BAA) Woodlands Road from 4.30pm! Food and drink will be available for purchase. For more information or to donate, please visit www.stbaldricks.org/events/mypage/eventid/961/eventyear/2011
- Fans of Mohawk Radio, you’ll be glad to know that they will be performing live at Hog Penny tonight!
- Tomorrow, from 10am until 3pm, Fatimaya presents Case of Blue shopping event at The Rubber Tree Market – here’s the flyer!
- Bermuda Chamber Choir presents The Music of William Lloyd Webber on Sunday, March 20th from 5pm at Wesley Methodist Church on Church Street. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students and available by calling 296-5100.
- Summer is officially around the corner – Lemon Tree Happy Hour is back next Friday, March 25th from 5pm!
- Best-selling author Enitan O. Bereola II will be returning to Bermuda for the third in a series of 4 free lunchtime seminars. Bereolaesque will be on Thursday, March 24th from 1pm until 2.30pm in Room G301 at Bermuda College. For more info visit www.bereolaesque-online.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the flyer!
- Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter’s Ball has been moved from April 16th to Saturday, April 30th – I updated the original post here.
- The Bermuda Philharmonic Society is putting on a Summer Music Camp from July 18th until the 22nd – if you are, or if you know, a young woodwind, brass, string or percussion player aged between 7 and 16, please direct them to the Facebook event here.
- Miller Bermuda are new to Facebook and have a special promotion for anyone who Likes their Page at www.facebook.com/MillerBermuda – you will automatically be entered into a draw to win two cases of Miller (MGD or Miller Lite) every Friday until the end of April.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a Calendar view, see here:
Kuumba Singers of Harvard University – March 13th to 19th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can – March 17th to 19th
Masterworks Exhibit: Patrick & Sarah Vandenberg – March 18th
Rebecca Hanson – Tempest Exhibition Opening Night – March 18th
Music Nite at the BNG – March 18th
Retro Nights featuring King Waggy T – March 18th
BIFF Unwrapped Party – March 18th
St. Baldrick’s Foundation Fundraiser – March 18th
Mohawk Radio at Hog Penny – March 18th
Bermuda International Film Festival (BIFF) – March 18th to 24th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached – March 19th
BHS 3rd Annual Teachers’ Association Quiz – March 19th
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Waterlot – March 19th
Full Moon Costume Party – March 19th
Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre Open House – March 19th
Fatimaya presents Case of Blue – March 19th
World Dancing Championships – March 19th and 20th
Chewstick Retreat Weekend on Paget Island – March 19th and 20th
Bermuda Chamber Choir presents The Music of William Lloyd Webber – March 20th
G&S Show: Animal Farm – March 23rd to March 26th
Bereolaesque Seminar – March 24th
M.R. Onions F.C. Race Night – March 25th
The Great Wine War – March 25th
A Taste of Spring Wine-Tasting Event – March 25th
Lemon Tree Happy Hour returns – March 25th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship – March 25th to 27th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Under the Big Top – March 26th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic – April 1st to 8th
Masterworks Exhibit: Otto Trott – April 1st to 27th
Meet the Artist with William Collieson – April 6th
73nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition – April 14th to 16th
Franklin Hill Perrell Lecture at BNG – April 14th
Renegades RFC Booze Cruise – April 21st
Dr. Erica James Lecture at BNG – April 21st
Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda – April 23rd
Claire gets to eat chocolate – April 24th
Some Enchanted Evening 2011 – April 30th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Out of This World – April 30th
Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter’s Ball – April 30th
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme – May 1st to June 30th
Osteoporosis – Are you at Risk? – May 5th
Catlin End-to-End 2011 – May 7th
Masterworks Exhibit: Jana Matusz – May 12th
Tag Days 2011 – June 17th and 18th
Summer Music Camp – July 18th to 22nd
Ovarian Cancer – September 8th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk – October 12th
Taking Care of the Caregiver – December 8th
Enjoy the weekend!