March 4th, 2011
Happy Friday everyone!
- First up, something I need your help with. I am a judge in The Bermudian Magazine’s Best of Bermuda Awards this year in the category of Food, Drink and Entertainment. To get the best representation of Bermuda opinion possible, I need to poll as many people as possible – this is where you come in! Here is the list of categories (by popular demand, here it is in Excel format too) – if you want your opinion heard, please email your nominations, and a brief reason for your choice, to me at ntdiBermuda@hotmail.com. There are a lot of categories so don’t feel that you have to answer every single one – as many or as few as you like. Feel free to pass onto others as well.
- Chris Finsness and Oscar Deuss a.k.a Finny & Grouch will be performing live at Bermuda Bistro at The Beach this Saturday from 10am until 1am. The link to the Facebook event is here and there will also be drinks specials on Heineken ($3), Jager ($5) and Bombs ($7).
- The Bermuda Cricket Board (BCB) is looking for new recruits for their Women’s National Team and will have open trials this Sunday, March 6th and nex Sunday, March 13th. This will be from 1pm until 3pm at Berkeley Institute Nets, located on the Berkeley Institute Field. Players will train and compete locally this year and probably tour internationally next year. This is a new team so no experience is necessary and all skills and drills will be taught – here’s the flyer!
- For anyone who has been waiting patiently for Hasty Pudding tickets to go on sale, you can get them from www.bdatix.com now! Here’s the original post with details.
- One of my favourite events of the year, the Bermuda International Film Festival (BIFF), is coming soon! Fellow fans of independent cinema should mark your diaries from Friday, March 18th until Thursday, March 24th. Most films have won top awards at other film festival and some highlights include Of Gods and Men,, Somewhere, The Illusionist, a few Oscar nominees, including Incendies, Barney’s Version, Another Year and Biutiful. Of particular interest of those of us in Bermuda will be the short film, Mr. Happy Man, about our very own Johnny Barnes. This will be showing on Tuesday, March 22nd at 9.15pm and more details can be found on the Facebook Page here. If interested in working behind the scenes, BIFF are also looking for volunteers – just follow the link here for a listing of positions needed. The full film schedule will be published soon on www.biff.bm. Here’s the flyer!
- The next meeting of the Under the Moongate Supper Club will be at Waterlot at 7pm on Saturday, March 19th. Dinner will cost $125 per person with the optional wine-pairing an extra $60. Here is the flyer and here is a copy of the menu.
- In my opinion, there can never be too many costume parties – luckily for anyone who can’t wait for Halloween, Secrets are hosting a Full Moon Costume Party at Ferrari Bar on Saturday, March 19th. From 11am until 3am, entertainment is by DJ D’Nice and D’General. Tickets are $25 in advance only and available from Secrets. Here’s the flyer!
- With a theme of California vs. France, The Great Wine War is the latest twist on a wine-tasting evening. Held at Gosling’s Wine Cellar, this event will be on Friday, March 25th from 6pm unti 8pm and will be in support of the Bermuda Women’s National Volleyball Team. Tickets are $50 and available from email@example.com or any player. Here’s the flyer!
- Elbow Beach have just released their latest spa offers. Here’s a flyer with offers available until March 31st.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a Calendar view, see here:
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts – January 18th to March 4th
Masterworks Exhibit: Tracy Williams – February 4th to March 2nd
BMDS Fawlty Towers – February 28th to March 12th
NTLive: Shakespeare’s King Lear – March 3rd to 6th
Masterworks Exhibit: Marion Watlington – March 4th to 16th
The Jeffrey Johnston Supper Club – March 5th
Finny & Grouch live at Bermuda Bistro at The Beach – March 5th
BCB Women’s National Team Open Trials – March 6th
KatKids Event at BUEI – March 11th
Kids Music Fest – March 12th
3rd Annual Cancer Forum – March 12th
Latin-Rumbar Winter Carnival Festival – February 26th March 12th
BCB Women’s National Team Open Trials – March 13th
BEPRO: The Whole and Balanced Leadership Workshop – March 15th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals HPT163 – Kashmir If You Can – March 17th to 19th
Masterworks Exhibit: Patrick & Sarah Vandenberg – March 18th
Bermuda International Film Festival (BIFF) – March 18th to 24th
A Night Out with BOND: No Strings Attached – March 19th
Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre Open House – March 19th
BHS 3rd Annual Teachers’ Association Quiz – March 19th
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Waterlot – March 19th
Full Moon Costume Party – March 19th
World Dancing Championships – March 19th and 20th
G&S Show: Animal Farm – March 23rd to March 26th
M.R. Onions F.C. Race Night – March 25th
The Great Wine War – March 25th
Second Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship – March 25th to 27th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Under the Big Top – March 26th
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic – April 1st to 8th
Masterworks Exhibit: Otto Trott – April 1st to 27th
73nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition – April 14th to 16th
Renegades RFC Booze Cruise – April 21st
Fight Night XIII: The Battle of Bermuda – April 23rd
Some Enchanted Evening 2011 – April 30th
Super Saturdays at Masterworks: Out of This World – April 30th
Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter’s Ball – April 16th 30th
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme – May 1st to June 30th
Osteoporosis – Are you at Risk? – May 5th
Catlin End-to-End 2011 – May 7th
Masterworks Exhibit: Jana Matusz – May 12th
Tag Days 2011 – June 17th and 18th
Ovarian Cancer – September 8th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk – October 12th
Taking Care of the Caregiver – December 8th
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!