May 10th, 2011
Here's what's going on in BDA over the next few months:
- Bermuda Folk Club are hosting an Open Mic Night at Spanish Point Boat Club on Saturday, May 14th. This will be from 8pm until 11.30pm, admission is $10 for non-members, $8 for members and, if interested in performing, you can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see their site at www.folkclub.bm or their FB Page here.
- In partnership with Imagine Bermuda, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award has announced that Saturday, May 14th is Y.E.S. Day (Youth Empowering Self). This will be at Whitney Institute from 2pm until 9pm with lots of community fun involved, including soccer, basketball, skateboarding, Playstation and Wii competitions, food stalls, scuba-dive pool, and entertainment from Chewstick Foundation, Boundary Breakers Inc. Gospel DJ's, United Dance Productions, Tricray Astwood, Geneman, Candace Furbert, Jelani, Young Mac and more – here's the flyer!
- Another event for Saturday, May 14th is the Bermuda Ball Hockey Party from 8pm until 1am at the Mariners' Club. Music starts at 8.45pm with performances from The Knock Ons and special guests Monte P and the Flying Circus, and drinks are $5 all night. Proceeds go to the National Ball Hockey team who will be playing in the World Championships in June in Bratislava, Slovakia. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased from a National Team player or from Peter Brodsky on 505-5150 or email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- Irie FM98.3 and Digicel InTunes present Serious Times: Gyptian & Etana Live on Saturday, May 21st. This will also feature Clinark Dill, Sia Spence, C'Daynger, E-Levels, Hype Type, Slanger, Micah and many more. Tickets are $60 in advance, $90 for VIPs, and a limited number of youth tickets for $30, courtesy of Digicel. The price includes entry to the concert at St. David's Cricket Club Field and the Welcome-Party at Gravity and tickets are available from 27th Century Boutique, Kit-N-Caboodle, Jamaican Grill and Lidz. Here's the flyer!
- The Canaries Field Hockey Team invite you to their I'm on a Boat Booze Cruise on Friday, June 3rd. This will be onboard the Ubervida and has a Mexican theme. The boat departs Albuoys Point at 6pm and returns at 9pm. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased from any Canary player – here's the link to the Facebook event!
- To help with the maintenance and upkeep of the organ at St. Paul's Church in Paget, there will be a Fundraising Concert on Saturday, June 4th at 6pm. Visiting Canadian soloists Jacques Boucher, organ, and Anne Robert, violin, will play works by Johann Sebastian Bach, Charles Gounod, Camille Saint-Saëns, Théodore Dubois and much more. Tickets are $40 and are available from Sovereign Jewellers, 13 Reid Street and at the Church Office in Paget. Here's the flyer!
- The date has been set for the Capital G 23rd Annual Iron Kids Triathlon! This will be on Saturday, June 25th at Clearwater Beach, St. David's where kids aged 3 to 14 will swim, bike, and run to victory. Junior triathletes can win up to $1,000 in scholarship funds. Race kits can be collected between 11.30am and 2.30pm on the day and the races begin at 3pm. For the non-atheletes, there will be a carnival from 12 noon until 5.30pm with fun castles, a Ferris Wheel, face painting, food stalls, a magic show and more. For more information, visit www.capitalgironkids.bm or call 294-5194.
- Anyone need to get swimwear-ready for this summer? Yep, me too! Anyway, Fit'n'Firm Water Aerobics classes will be restarting Monday, June 6th at Warwick Academy Pool and will run Monday to Thursday from 8pm until 9pm, right up until Thursday, September 23rd. The drop-in fee is $20, an 8-class card is $130 and a Summer Pass for the full period is $440. Full details are on their website at www.wateraerobicsbermuda.com. If you have any questions, contact Marilyn at 337-1646 or Michelle on 704-7624.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme - May 1st to June 30th
In Motion School of Dance 14th Annual Dance Showcase - May 6th to May 14th
Hospitality Week - May 9th to 13th
Masterworks Exhibit: Jana Matusz - May 12th
KBB Annual Island Wide Clean Up - May 14th
Kardias Club 2nd Annual Tea with a Twist - May 14th
Palm Grove Garden Celebration - May 14th
Bermuda Folk Club Open Mic Night – May 14th
Y.E.S. Day – May 14th
Bermuda Ball Hockey Party – May 14th
Shamanic Yoga & Ecstatic Dance Playshop - May 15th
BMDS: A Little Murder Never Hurt Anybody - May 16th to 21st
Harbour Nights restarts - May 18th
Christopher Cozier Lecture at BNG - May 19th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: Love Etc. - May 19th
iReign - May 20th
Soak - May 21st
Golden Oldies Hockey Tour Horse Racing Night - May 21st
Serious Times: Gyptian & Etana Live – May 21st
Discovery Wines BBQ - May 23rd
8th Annual Bermuda Guitar Festival - May 26th to 29th
Dr. Dennis Fehr Lecture at BNG - June 2nd
8th Annual Bishop’s Luncheon - June 3rd
Canaries' I'm on a Boat Booze Cruise – June 3rd
St. Paul's Fundraising Concert – June 4th
5th Annual Family Centre Golf Tournament - June 9th
Pre-Father’s Day Captain’s Choice Tournament - June 11th
TORC's Ultimate Drivers Challenge - June 11th
Miss Bermuda Pageant - June 12th
Bermuda Open Stroke Play Championship - June 16th to 19th
Tag Days 2011 - June 17th and 18th
Girl Power Bermuda - June 18th
The St. David’s Islanders and Native Community’s Biannual Pow Wow - June 18th and 19th
1st Annual Colour the Sky Event - June 20th
Capital G 23rd Annual Iron Kids Triathlon – June 25th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 3rd
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th