May 27th, 2011
Happy Friday Kids!
- First up, a quick update about the NTDIB Neon Charity Golf Tournament. I can now announce that proceeds will go to CADA to help with their tireless work in encouraging responsible alcohol behaviour. Tickets are on sale now and are available from www.premierticketsglobal.com. Once purchased, just shoot an email to Anthony.Mocklow@fairmont.com to let him know who is in your team. Prizes have been generously donated by the lovely people at Premier Distributors. Here's the link to the event on Facebook and here's the link to the original post with full details.
- A little addition to Newstead Happy Hour tonight – in the Newstead Spa, you can view the work of local artist Michael De Silva at the Silvo Modern Art Show at the Newstead Spa from 6pm until 9pm. Music will be performed by Aaron De Silva and there will also be wine and raffles - here's the flyer!
- This month's Super Saturday from Masterworks will have their normal free family-friendly arts and crafts, however to celebrate Heritage Month, they will be doing all Bermuda-themed activities. As usual, this will be from 10am unti 2pm and is free! Homer's Cafe is open too with a special kid's menu for the day so they invite you to make a morning of it and then stay for lunch - here's the flyer!
- In addition to this, Masterworks currently have a photography exhibit in the Rick Faries' Gallery until June 15th from Pierangelo Lanfranchi (Manager and Partner of HarbourFront) - here's the flyer!
- The Gilbert and Sullivan Society is bringing the Metropolitan Opera to Bermuda again with a special screening of Le Comte Ory by Gioachino Rossini on Saturday, May 28th at 6.30pm. This will be in the Tradewinds Auditorium at BUEI. Formal dress is not required, but is also not discouraged, so feel free to dress up pretty. A cash bar will be available during all intermissions and complimentary hors d’oeuvres will be provided. All ticket holders are entitled to a 10% discount at the Harbourfront restaurant following the performance upon presentation of their ticket stubs. For more information, see www.gands.bm/opera.htm or contact Matt Nester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multi Entertainment is proud to cater to the ladies for the first official weekend beach party of 2011, Purple Kisses. Gates open at 10pm tomorrow night, and you are invited to come dressed in purple and be entertained by not one, but three DJs (D'General, Y.G.S. and Twin Starr). As an added bonus, this awesome event is hosted by Def Jam recording artist and R&B singer/songwriter sensation The Dream, who will also perform live especially for the ladies. One lucky lady will be serenaded by Dream once she is crowned "Miss Purple Kiss Mistress". The evening will feature free Jello Shots for the first 300, free Purple Woody's for the First 100, drink Specials on Purple Woody's, Purple WKDs and Three-O Grape Vodka, free give aways all night, special goodies for the ladies throughout the night (sorry guys), raffle prizes for VIPs and more. Tickets are $40 for regular admission, $50 for VIPs (which includes FREE Purple Kiss drink upon entry, raffle draw and more), $25 for MEO members (for info becoming an MEO member, email email@example.com). Tickets available at Qui-Ja Fabrics, Kit-N-Caboodle, Hunt's Food & Supplies, and Snorkel Park. Dress code is Sexy, Fly and Purple and there will be a special prize for the female with the sexiest purple attire. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event.
- Can't wait to see The Hangover Part 2?! Speciality Cinema are hosting an exclusive viewing and Happy Hour tomorrow night. The evening begins at 9pm with an open bar until 10pm. Food and snacks will be available for purchase and then the movie will begin at 10.15pm. Admission is $30 - here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook.
- Feel the need for speed? The Bermuda Power Boat Association Hamilton Harbour Race will take place this Sunday, with racing to start at 11am. This is an event that has not been done since 2003. They will be having all classes of boats including Junior ZapCats, ThunderCats, A, B, C, D, D Stock, E, F and S Class boats and a couple of jet skis. They will also be hosting food vendors like Hot Dog Delight, Dandy Donuts, Lickety Split Ice Cream, D’Crazy Food Caboose, De Graffs Lunch Cart, Snowy’s Snowballs and Bermuda-made Candles. They will also have Executive Autos showcasing their Suzuki Motors and Mercedes and Jeep vehicles as well as A & P Marine and Marine Locker showcasing their marine products. Fitted Dinghys will be on display on land and water and Front Street will be closed from the Birdcage to the Beach. Here's the flyer!
- You may recall the call for participants in the call for participants for TORC's Ultimate Drivers Challenge on Saturday, June 11th at Southside Racing Circuit. Tickets are now on sale to the public for this event. TORC UDC is a five category time trial driving competition for local drivers and TCD licensed vehicles. The five categories are Rayclan LTD's 0-40-0, Custom Acoustics Grand Slalom, TORC’s Rapid Lane Change, Miller Beers 0-60 mph Sprint and RUBIS Energy Pit Stop Challenge Race. From 2pm until 7pm, the day will also feature Rayclan Ltd latest vehicle display, Custom Acoustics "ICE-OFF" sound test, RUBiS Energy product booth, BAM "moto duke-out", Pepsi & Dunkley's beverage and snack stand, tailgate style barbeque, Redbull girls and giveaways, specialty treats, Miller Beer tent and more. Admission costs $10 for adults, $5 for youths 12 and under, and $5 for a Pit Pass ( meet drivers, mingle with fire & rescue, take photos of cars and have a VIP pass to the award ceremony). There is an advance ticket special of $35 for a Family Pack (2 Adults, 2 Youths and 4 Pit Passes). Tickets are available at Custom Acoustics or by calling 517-9731. For more information, see www.oniracing.com - here's the flyer!
- More moist merriment from Snorkel Park as Heineken presents Bad Girls Gone Wild – The Wet Wet Edition on Saturday, July 2nd. From 9pm, this event will be hosted by Natalie Nunn (from Bad Girls' Club 4 and Love Games 2) and Ashley King (BGC 6). Also, live is Big Dawg Pitbulls from Hot 97FM New York, DJ Young Chow from BET 106 and Park and our own local celebrity DJs DJ Chubb, Imega, DJ Rusty G, Y.G.S, DJ Aztec and Scarface. Dress to get wet as there will be foam pits, super soakers, beach balls and superslides. Admission costs $35 (limited time offer for BB contacts (add PIN# 22852ACA & 21F58428) is $35, otherwise they cost $50 for advance tickets, $75 for VIPs or $100 for exclusive VIPs. Tickets will be available at Kit n Caboodle and Sovereign or call 331-2771. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme - May 1st to June 30th
Pierangelo Lanfranchi Photo Exhibit – May 20th to June 15th
8th Annual Bermuda Guitar Festival - May 26th to 29th
Uzimon & Friends present Wet Ya Punani - May 27th
Silvo Modern Art Show at the Newstead Spa - May 27th
Chewstick Foundation Summer Artists' Retreat - May 27th to 29th
Mommy Dearest: A Murder Mystery - May 28th
Purple Kisses – May 28th
The Hangover Part 2: Exclusive Viewing and Happy Hour – May 28th
G&S Opera: Le Comte Ory – May 28th
Bermuda Power Boat Association Hamilton Harbour Race – May 29th
BVA Beach Skills Clinic - June 1st
Dr. Dennis Fehr Lecture at BNG - June 2nd
8th Annual Bishop’s Luncheon - June 3rd
Canaries' I'm on a Boat Booze Cruise - June 3rd
St. Paul's Fundraising Concert - June 4th
Flirtini Party - June 4th
Hiscox U11 Celebrity Cricket Festival - June 4th
The Stop Light Party - June 4th
5th Annual Family Centre Golf Tournament - June 9th
NTDIB Neon: 1st Charity Golf Tournament - June 10th
Pre-Father’s Day Captain’s Choice Tournament - June 11th
TORC's Ultimate Drivers Challenge - June 11th
Heineken Wet and Wild Party at Snorkel Park - June 11th
Miss Bermuda Pageant - June 12th
Six Sigma Ranch Winemaker’s Dinner - June 14th
Bermuda Open Stroke Play Championship - June 16th to 19th
Tag Days 2011 - June 17th and 18th
Girl Power Bermuda - June 18th
The St. David’s Islanders and Native Community’s Biannual Pow Wow - June 18th and 19th
1st Annual Colour the Sky Event - June 20th
Capital G 23rd Annual Iron Kids Triathlon - June 25th
Gorilla Doctors (The Lecture Series) - June 28th and 29th
Bad Girls Gone Wild – The Wet Wet Edition – July 2nd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 3rd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Summer Camp - July 4th to 8th
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!