June 17th, 2011
Here's what's going on in Bermuda over the next few weeks:
- Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club will be hosting a Wine Dinner on Saturday, June 18th at 7pm. Each course will include a wine paired specifically for that course and the cost is $65 per person – here's the flyer with the menu.
- Ten Café and Bar invite you to join them for their What's in a Name? Wine-Tasting/Pairing on Thursday, June 23rd at 7pm. This will be a set price of $65 per person and will feature 5 unusually-named wines from France, New Zealand, Argentina and California, each paired with a carefully chosen dish. This will be presented by Michael Robinson from Burrows Lightbourn and reservations can be made by calling 295-0857 or emailing email@example.com - here's the flyer!
- L’Alliance Française invites you to a Saint Jean Baptiste bonfire on Friday, June 24th from 6pm at Chaplin Bay. You just have to bring your picnics, BBQ food, drinks, beach chairs, covers, music and they'll take care of the fire!
- Secrets presents Worth the Wait, an all-male Fashion Show for the ladies. They promise a collection of beautiful/sexy/buffed/ripped men, which is disappointing as I like out-of-shape/flabby/funny-looking men so my taste is not catered for! I guess I'll stay at home and watch my Gérard Depardieu DVDs again.. Anyway, this will be on Saturday, June 25th from 8.30pm until 11.30pm at Ocean View Golf Club. Tickets cost $45 and group tickets of 10 or more cost $40 each. For more information, call Secrets on 295-0651 - here's the flyer!
- Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club will be hosting their Last Wednesday of the Month Dinner Dance on Wednesday, June 29th. From 6pm until 8pm, you can enjoy a la carte dining from Chef Graham and then dance the night away with music from the Max Maybury Band. For reservations call 238-1060 ext. 112, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's the flyer!
- The 16th Annual Portuguese Holy Spirit Festival will be in St. George's Square on Saturday, July 2nd (from 7pm until 11pm) and Sunday, July 3rd (5.30pm until 11pm), with entertainment provided by Tony Silveira & The Travellers and DJ Nelson Pavao with performances also by Folklore Dancers and Somerset Brigade. This event will feature Portuguese Foods, Fun Castle and Face Painting - here's the flyer!
- International Imports have released their cooking course schedule for Summer and local chefs from Beau Rivage (Jean Claude Garzia), Bolero Brasserie (Guy Power), Cuisine on Demand (Ben Tomkins) and Food 4 Thought (Peter Jovetic) will be on hand to give you their best tips - here's the full schedule with details!
- Sick of using the normal hairclips and headbands to jazz up your tresses? Don’t worry, there’s a new option on the market, in the form of Kaila’s Fly Feathers! These unusual hair extensions are sold at 3 for $35 or $12 to $15 individually (depending on the width of the feathers). The feathers can be beaded into your hair in under 5 minutes, are easily removed and cause no damage to your hair. Kaila can be found at Royal Naval Nights in Dockyard on Mondays, Harbour Nights in Hamilton on Wednesdays, Heritage Nights in Dockyard on Thursdays, or you can call her on 333-5245 and she'll come to you – here’s the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme - May 1st to June 30th
Pierangelo Lanfranchi Photo Exhibit - May 20th to June 15th
Bermuda Open Stroke Play Championship - June 16th to 19th
Friday Night Fish Fry Fundraiser - June 17th
Bermuda Overseas Mission Fish Fry - June 17th
Bermuda.com: The Diamond Standard - June 17th
Jeffrey Johnston Fundraiser at RBYC - June 17th
Jana Matusz Exhibition - June 17th to 29th
Tag Days 2011 - June 17th and 18th
Riddell's Bay Wine Dinner – June 18th
Girl Power Bermuda - June 18th
Francis Patton Primary School Extravaganza - June 18th
Nuvo Pink Party Carnival - June 18th
The St. David’s Islanders and Native Community’s Biannual Pow Wow - June 18th and 19th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series - June 19th
Fresh TV’s Father’s Day BBQ & Outdoor Expo 2011 - June 19th
1st Annual Colour the Sky Event - June 20th
BIFFlix: Ceremony - June 16th 22nd
What's in a Name? Wine-Tasting/Pairing at Ten - June 23rd
1st Flanagans Onions Traffic Light Booze Cruise - June 24th
L’Alliance Française Saint Jean Baptiste Bonfire – June 24th
United Dance Productions Annual Dance Recital - June 24th and 25th
Capital G 23rd Annual Iron Kids Triathlon - June 25th
Candyland Fair & Concert - June 25th
G&S Opera: Il Trovatore - June 25th
Secrets presents Worth the Wait – June 25th
National Ladies Hockey Team Golf Day Fundraiser - June 26th
Gorilla Doctors (The Lecture Series) - June 28th and 29th
Riddell's Bay Dinner Dance – June 29th
Bad Girls Gone Wild – The Wet Wet Edition - July 2nd
Bermuda Islands Pipe Band Concert - July 2nd
16th Annual Portuguese Holy Spirit Festival – July 2nd and 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 3rd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Summer Camp - July 4th to 8th
Youth Library Summer Day Camp - July 4th to 27th
G&S Opera: Das Rheingold - July 9th
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
13th Annual College Students Networking Event - July 21st
G&S Opera: Die Walküre - July 23rd
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th