June 1st, 2011
Hold onto your hats, this is a bit of a monster edition! If you don't find anything you want to do amongst all this, then I despair of you!
- The next Moonlight Bazaar at Moon Nightclub and Lounge is tomorrow from 5.30pm until 9pm and will feature new vendor Chrysalis Cosmetics who will have Cake Beauty, TINte, Lime Crime, Prestige and Milani products for sale and makeovers. Fatmaya Inc and Let's Do It Again Boutique have just returned from shopping trips and have some very unique accessories and clothes on sale and there will be a Perry Shoes Fashion Show at 6.30pm. Here is the flyer, featuring me disguised as a hippy!
- The popular Bermuda Fashion Collective Show, presented by Bermuda Society of Arts (BSoA), features many of Bermuda's top fashion designers, showcasing their eclectic style and unique energy. Designers feature in the next show include Amethyst, Ashley Aitken, Consuelo Verde Perrin, Dana Cooper, Dean Williams, Edith Rookes, Nicole Iris, Rene Hill and Shay Ford, and you can be the first to see their new designs on Friday, June 3rd at BSoA on the top floor of City Hall. Doors open at 5.30pm, the show starts at 6pm. Tickets are $30 (includes a glass of pink bubbly) and are available from www.bdatix.com. All ticket holders are also eligible to win a free Digicel Blackberry – here’s the flyer!
- L’Alliance Française des Bermudes would like to invite you to a Pétanque Soirée on Friday, June 3rd from 5.30pm at the Bermuda College alley (at the College's roundabout, follow the direction of the Coco Reef hotel and the alley is just across from the hotel entrance). This is open to all, members and non-members and there is no need to register, so just turn up! Also, if you guess its weight correctly, you can win a basket of French products. Not sure what Pétanque is? Don’t worry, there will be a demonstration at 6pm for newbies but it’s the French form of boules, traditionally played with metallic balls on a dirt surface – here’s the flyer!
- The Chewstick Foundation's Griot Sessions are back with a bang on Friday, June 3rd. Griot Sessions showcase artists in a small intimate setting where the performers really get a chance to connect with their audience. Prof-AC will be the opening act and the main act will be Mohawk Radio. Doors open at 8pm, the show starts at 9pm and cost is $10. For more information call 292-2439 (CHEW) or email email@example.com. Here's the flyer!
- Bermuda Guild of Stitchery will be holding its annual show of work on Saturday, June 4th. Admission is free. This will be from 10am until 12 noon in the hall of the First Baptist Church on Middle Road in Devonshire and admission is free. For anyone who wants to get more involved, the Guild’s next meeting will be on Thursday, June 2nd, again at the First Baptist Church in the morning at 9.30am or in the evening at 5.30pm. For more details on either event, contact Kathy Faries at 232-5909.
- The Hamilton Parish Majorette and Gombey Extravaganza will be on Saturday, June 4th from 5pm at Shelly Bay Field. Here is the flyer!
- United Dance Productions invite you to their Annual Dance Recital on Friday, June 24th and Saturday, June 25th and their Annual Junior Company Showcase on Sunday, June 26th. All shows are at 8pm in Whitney Institute Middle School. Tickets are $35 for General Admission seating, $65 for Patron/VIP seating and are available now from www.premierticketsglobal.com.
- The Bermuda Karate Institute are hosting the 11th Lepercq Memorial Tournament at 1pm at Pembroke Sunday School on Sunday, June 26th. If interested in participating, pre-registration is open until June 12th at a cost of $40, which goes up to $45 for regular registration until June 24th. The tournament will include open forms, weapons, point sparring, K-1 and admission costs $10 for adults or $5 for under-12s. For information call 292-2157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry form is available online at http://bermudakarate.05.free.bm – here's the flyer!
- The Bermuda Rowing Association have a highly experienced and professional rowing coach visiting from the USA to show us how to get the most out of this impact-free, aerobic and muscle-toning training. Junior and Adult Camps start Tuesday, June 28th. Junior Camps are for ages 12 upwards and 5ft or above. This is 5 times per week, 8.30am until 12 noon on weekdays for 2 x 2-week courses (can choose as many weeks as you like). The fee is $300 per 2-week course and includes membership to January 31st, 2012. Adult Courses (all beginners) will be 3 times per week (early mornings and some week-ends, 6am until 8.15am) over 4 weeks and includes all equipment, socials and regattas. The fee is $595, which includes membership to 31st Jan 2012. All equipment is supplied, you must be able to swim 100m with rowing kit and be reasonably fit. Two friendly (but competitive!) regattas will be included in each course, as well as social events. For course programme, FAQ sheet and application forms, email Bermudarowing@gmail.com. Spaces on the courses are limited and payment secures your “crew” seat. For more details, see their website at www.bermudarowing.com – here's the flyer!
- Aged between 7 and 10 or know someone who is? Registration is now open for the Youth Library Summer Day Camp from July 4th until July 27th. This will be from 9am until 4pm and costs $250. There are limited spaces, so this is one registration per person and for members only. For further information call 295-0487 – here’s the flyer!
- Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA on Friday, October 21st and Saturday, October 22nd . From 10am until 10pm, you can enjoy various games, the Super Slide, bingo, baked goods, plants and refreshments. Raffle tickets are available from any student or at the School for $10. Admission is $4 or free for children under 5 – here's the flyer!
- Looking for a little break from the norm? You may be interested in Improv Theatre for Beginners. This is a 6 week course on Tuesdays from 6pm until 8.30pm at The Bermuda School of Music at the old Berkeley Institute. The course started last night but you still have plenty of time to catchup. The cost is $100 and you can contact Toby at Improvtoby@yahoo.com or 505-7011. Here is the flyer with full details!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme - May 1st to June 30th
Pierangelo Lanfranchi Photo Exhibit - May 20th to June 15th
BVA Beach Skills Clinic - June 1st
Dr. Dennis Fehr Lecture at BNG - June 2nd
Bermuda Guild of Stitchery Meeting – June 2nd
Moonlight Bazaar at Moon Nightclub and Lounge – June 2nd
8th Annual Bishop’s Luncheon - June 3rd
Canaries' I'm on a Boat Booze Cruise - June 3rd
Bermuda Fashion Collective Show – June 3rd
L'Alliance Française Pétanque Soirée – June 3rd
Chewstick Foundation's Griot Sessions: Mohawk Radio – June 3rd
St. Paul's Fundraising Concert - June 4th
Flirtini Party - June 4th
Hiscox U11 Celebrity Cricket Festival - June 4th
The Stop Light Party - June 4th
Bermuda Guild of Stitchery Annual Show of Work – June 4th
Hamilton Parish Majorette and Gombey Extravaganza – June 4th
5th Annual Family Centre Golf Tournament - June 9th
NTDIB Neon: 1st Charity Golf Tournament - June 10th
Pre-Father’s Day Captain’s Choice Tournament - June 11th
TORC's Ultimate Drivers Challenge - June 11th
Heineken Wet and Wild Party at Snorkel Park - June 11th
Miss Bermuda Pageant - June 12th
Six Sigma Ranch Winemaker’s Dinner - June 14th
Bermuda Open Stroke Play Championship - June 16th to 19th
Tag Days 2011 - June 17th and 18th
Girl Power Bermuda - June 18th
The St. David’s Islanders and Native Community’s Biannual Pow Wow - June 18th and 19th
1st Annual Colour the Sky Event - June 20th
United Dance Productions Annual Dance Recital – June 24th and 25th
Capital G 23rd Annual Iron Kids Triathlon - June 25th
United Dance Productions Annual Junior Company Showcase – June 26th
Bermuda Karate Institute 11th Lepercq Memorial Tournament – June 26th
Gorilla Doctors (The Lecture Series) - June 28th and 29th
Bermuda Rowing Association Junior and Adult Camps start – June 28th
Bad Girls Gone Wild – The Wet Wet Edition - July 2nd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 3rd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Summer Camp - July 4th to 8th
Youth Library Summer Day Camp – July 4th to 27th
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA – October 21st and 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
MONKEY NEWS: It’s been a while since we’ve had Monkey News – I should probably have saved this one for Halloween though! www.broadsheet.ie/2011/05/31/your-poseable-doll-has-arrived-from-hell