June 29th, 2011
Happy Hump Day Boys & Girls!
First up, a big thanks to Style Bermuda for the shoutout last week! Keep up the good work guys! Now, as for upcoming Bermuda events:
- Bermuda National Library are hosting a series on Wills, Trusts and Incorporations presented by Trott & Duncan. The first was yesterday, today's is Incorporation: Taking the Right Steps to Incorporating your Business, presented by Carla B Lambert and tomorrow's is Trusts: The Essentials…Why? When? How? How?, presented by Rajah Abusrewil. Both sessions run from 1pm until 2pm. Here's the flyer!
- Many of you may already be aware that tomorrow is Social Media Day and Fairmont Southampton are marking the occasion with a special offer. From 4pm until 8pm, Facebook fans, Twitter followers, and Everyone’s An Original™ brand evangelists can enjoy a complimentary Lobster Cocktail appetizer, created especially for the occasion, in Jasmine Lounge. All you need to do is mention "Go Social" to your server. For more information, see their Facebook Page or Twitter Profile.
- The Bermuda Musical & Dramatic Society (BMDS) presents An Evening with Bill for three nights only from Thursday, June 30th until Saturday, July 2nd. This show will celebrate the life of Bill Duncan through musical performances and song. Showtime is at 8pm each evening and tickets cost $25 from www.bmds.bm or from their box office on 292-0848. The programme, box office hours and further information on this production is available on their website at www.bmds.bm. Here's the flyer!
- Take note boatin' and boozin' fans, the Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series aboard the Uber Vida is coming up to get you through the summer in style. First one will be on Saturday, July 2nd and subsequent cruises will be on Saturday, August 20th and Saturday, September 17th. The boat will leave Albuoys Point at 9pm sharp, returning at midnight and will feature DJs D'Nice and D'General playing hip-hop, R'n'B, reggae and soca. Tickets are $20 in advance from Secrets or $30 at the boat – this ticket will give you free entry to the LV's afterparty too. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event!
- Docksiders will be raving again on Saturday, July 9th from 10pm until 3am, with Glow Sticks, Finger Lights, DJs Einstein, Supa J, Smokey and Chels (plus Special Guests), drink specials, (featuring $5 for Corona, Ketel One, Dark N Stormies, Swizzle) and free jello shot giveaways! Tickets will be $20 on the door and $10 in advance. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook.
- Bermuda Folk Club are hosting a special evening of music, Sounds of the South, at Spanish Point Boat Club on Saturday, July 9th. from 8pm until 11pm, this event will feature overseas musicians Jenny and Ron, James and Pamela, and Joe Hatley, playing their special brand of Deep South Music. Doors open at 7.30pm and entry is $8 for members or $12 for non-members. Don't forget your jacket as this will be an outdoor event – for more details, contact 295-1030 or www.folkclub.bm. Here's the link to the Facebook event!
- Bermuda Department of Tourism invite you to their new outdoor entertainment event, Bermuda Nights. This will take place on various Saturdays throughout the summer at Barr's Bay Park and aims to showcase Bermuda’s best local entertainers, cultural performers and Bermy food in a stunning outdoor setting to offer a true Bermudian experience. Future dates are July 9th and 23rd, August 6th and 20th, September 3rd and 17th, and October 1st and 15th and will be from 8pm until 10.30pm each night. Please note that all events are weather dependent – for more information visit www.gotobermuda.com or contact the Bermuda Department of Tourism at 292-0023. Here's the flyer!
- The Bermuda Men’s & Women’s National Volleyball Teams are organising a Martini Tasting at Royal Bermuda Yacht Club on Friday, July 15th. This will be from 6pm until 8pm and will feature 5 professionally made Gosling's cocktails and some snacks/nibbles at the terrace of the RBYC overlooking the docks and sunset. Tickets are $50 and are available from Pulp & Circumstance (from July 1st), national volleyball team members or contact Sebastien at 532-4712. Proceeds will go towards their trip to the Island Games where they will represent Bermuda. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event!
- MF Productions in Association with Wild Apache present Summer Heatwave on Saturday, July 16th at Gombeys on Clearwater Beach. Featuring live music from Jamaiican guests Renaissance Disco with Jazzy T and Bodyguard with Johnnyguard, showtime will be at 10pm and will go until 3am. Early Bird tickets are available now at Jazzy Boutique and Fish N Tings for $25 or more at the door. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook!
- A new addition to the Kids Section, The Bermuda Youth Library has Book Babies on Saturdays from 9.30am until 10am. Suitable for ages 6 months to 2 1/2 years, this features music, finger plays and guest speakers. Also on Saturdays is a kids' Chess Club (from 3pm until 5pm), a Girls' Club (ages 9 to 14 from 12 noon until 2pm) and a Boys' Club (ages 9 to 13 from 3.45pm until 5pm). More details are on their website at www.bermudanationallibrary.bm/youth.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme - May 1st to June 30th
Jana Matusz Exhibition - June 17th to 29th
Gorilla Doctors (The Lecture Series) - June 28th and 29th
Wills, Trusts and Incorporations Sessions – June 28th to 30th
BEPRO Lunch N’ Learn Series - June 28th
Riddell's Bay Dinner Dance - June 29th
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Beluga - June 30th
Social Media Day at Fairmont Southampton – June 30th
BMDS: An Evening with Bill – June 30th to July 2nd
Bad Girls Gone Wild – The Wet Wet Edition - July 2nd
Bermuda Islands Pipe Band Concert - July 2nd
Fatimaya Launch - July 2nd
Canada Day Beach Party at Warwick Long Bay - July 2nd
16th Annual Portuguese Holy Spirit Festival - July 2nd and 3rd
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series – July 2nd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 3rd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Summer Camp - July 4th to 8th
Youth Library Summer Day Camp - July 4th to 27th
G&S Opera: Das Rheingold - July 9th
Docksiders Rave Party – July 9th
Bermuda Folk Club: Sounds of the South – July 9th
Bermuda Nights – July 9th
Martini Tasting at RBYC – July 15th
Najee Pre-Party Meet and Greet - July 16th
Summer Heatwave – July 16th
Najee Concert and Afterparty - July 17th
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
13th Annual College Students Networking Event - July 21st
G&S Opera: Die Walküre - July 23rd
Bermuda Nights – July 23rd
BPRFC Cheeky Tiki Luau Party - July 27th
Chewstick's Beachfest Emancipation Celebration - July 27th and 28th
Soca versus Reggae V: The Global Edition - July 29th
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Bermuda Nights – August 6th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series -August 20th
Bermuda Nights – August 20th
Bermuda Nights – September 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series – September 17th
Bermuda Nights – September 17th
Bermuda Nights – October 1st
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Bermuda Nights – October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th