June 8th, 2011
Morning ladies and gents
I am very chuffed that the very first NTDIB event has now sold out completely! Many thanks to all the awesome people who bought tickets – I look forward to seeing you on Friday:
- For anyone not lucky enough to get a ticket, this Friday is also Portugal Day and Lemon Tree invite you to join the celebrations! All night, they will give you 2 mini Sagres with one drink ticket, plus a free promo gift with every Sagres purchases and photos with the Sagres girls - here's the flyer!
- The weather right now is perfect for an al fresco lunch and the Economic Empowerment Zones Agency (EEZA) are giving you even more of an incentive for this in the form of EEZy Grooves in the Park. Every Friday until June 24th, local musicians will be there to entertain you between 11am until 2pm at Dr. E.F. Gordon Park, on the corner of Court and Dundonald Streets (across from Digicel). Entry is free – here’s the flyer!
- The Interdenominational Women’s Conference’s Pre-Father’s Day Captain’s Choice Tournament, originally scheduled for this Saturday, has been postponed. Additional details will be provided a later date.
- Are you, or do you know, a teen aged between 13 and 17? The Bio Summer Day Camp for Teens will be meeting at St. Paul’s Church in Paget from 12.30pm until 5.30pm from June 13th until July 22nd and then August 1st until September 2nd. For more details, contact Tiffany Tuzo at email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- The monthly Ciné Club from L'Alliance Française des Bermudes will be showing Les Petits Mouchoirs (starring François Cluzet, Marion Cotillard and Benoît Magimel ) on Tuesday, June 14th. Tickets are $5 for members, $8 for non-members and $3 students. Full details can be found at www.alliancefrancaise.bm.
- The next edition of the BIFFlix Monthly Film Series is coming on Thursday, June 16th **UPDATE: moved to Wednesday, June 22nd! The June screening will be the romantic comedy, Ceremony, at 6.30pm at BUEI. This is directed by Max Winkler and stars Michael Angarano and Uma Thurman. Tickets are $9 for members, $13 for non-members and are available in advance from http://tickets.biff.bm or on the door from 5.30pm.
- Save the Date flyer for the Bermuda Emerging Professionals (BEPRO) Summer Kick off Party on Thursday, June 16th from 5pm until 8pm at Newstead. Join or renew your membership that night and you will be eligible to win prizes. More details to follow. Here's the flyer!
- The Hamilton Parish Youth Sports Program will be hosting another Friday Night Fish Fry Fundraiser in aid of their tour for the AC Milan Continental Cup Youth Tournament in Cleveland, Ohio. This will take place at Shelly Bay Field on Friday, June 17th between 4pm and 9pm and food will be prepared by Sid’s Seafood. The price is $15 and includes fish and chips, macaroni, coleslaw, beets and dessert. For more information, contact Phillip Burgess, HPYSP President on 335-3478, or Darius Tucker, Fundraising Chair on 335-2068. Here's the flyer!
- The Francis Patton Primary School Extravaganza will be from 12 noon until 8pm on Saturday, June 18th. This will include games, food stalls, raffles, funcastles, rides, Toro the Bermy Bull, snowballs, popcorn, cotton candy, Hot Peppers Dancers, PHC Majorettes and Drum Corps, PCC Majorettes and Drum Corps, Clearwater Drumline Exquisite Style Dancers and H&H Gombeys. Admission is a bargainous $2 – here’s the flyer!
- The next edition of the Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series will be on Sunday, June 19th. Documentary Queen of the Sun: What are the Bees Telling Us? will be showing at 3pm, followed by French/Algerian film, Outside the Law, at 5pm. More details on the films can be found at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/weekend-film-series-3/. Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314. Here's the flyer!
- The merry band formerly known as MR Onions FC have sold out and are now known as Flanagans Onions FC! To mark this event, these newly-named scallywags present the 1st Flanagans Onions Traffic Light Booze Cruise aboard the Elizabeth on Friday, June 24th. The boat will leave Albouys Point at 9pm sharp, returning at midnight. As with usual traffic light parties, the dress code is Red (taken), Yellow (try me) or Green (available). Tickets are $50 for all you can drink and are available from firstname.lastname@example.org or any player - here's the flyer!
- The National Ladies Hockey Team are raising money for the Pan Am Cup Challenge and are hosting a Golf Day Fundraiser on Sunday, June 26th. This will be at Belmont Golf Course with tee-off at 1pm and a Captain’s Choice format. There will be prizes for the top three teams, longest drive and closest to the pin and a snack box will be included. I played my very first game of golf at the weekend so, for a change, I understand all of what I just said! Tickets are $125 for non-members and $60 for members – to enter a team, contact Elizabeth.Stewart@alterra-bm.com or email@example.com. Here’s the flyer!
- Students and professionals alike are invited to the 13th Annual College Students Networking Event at the Hamilton Princess on Thursday, July 21st from 4pm until 8pm. This event gives Bermuda's college students the opportunity to network and make connections with professionals and will feature an exhibition hall, a speed networking session and two career seminars. For full details, or to register, see www.csne.bm or email firstname.lastname@example.org – here’s the flyer!
- The 21st Annual Bermuda Round-the-Sound Open Water Charity Swimathon will be on Sunday, October 16th this year. Distances available are 10k, 7.25k, 4k, 2k, and 0.8k, local entries will be managed by the Dolphin Swim Team of Bermuda and international entries will be managed by Aqua Moon Adventures.com. For more details, see the event website at www.roundthesound.bm.
- For anyone who missed the Johnny Barnes film, Mr. Happy Man, at the Bermuda Film Festival, you’ll be glad to know that this is now available on DVD at the Bermuda Book Store for $15. The film was recently accepted to screen at AFI/Discovery Channel Silverdocs (one of the best documentary film festivals in the country) and won an Honorable Mention from the Documentary Grand Jury at the Nashville Film Festival.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Sunsmart Accreditation Programme - May 1st to June 30th
Pierangelo Lanfranchi Photo Exhibit - May 20th to June 15th
5th Annual Family Centre Golf Tournament - June 9th
NTDIB Neon: 1st Charity Golf Tournament - June 10th
Portugal Day at Lemon Tree – June 10th
Pre-Father’s Day Captain’s Choice Tournament - June 11th
TORC's Ultimate Drivers Challenge - June 11th
Heineken Wet and Wild Party at Snorkel Park - June 11th
G&S Opera: Capriccio - June 11th
Miss Bermuda Pageant - June 12th
MAMA Summer Fair - June 12th
Six Sigma Ranch Winemaker’s Dinner - June 14th
L'Alliance Française des Bermudes Ciné Club: Les Petits Mouchoirs – June 14th
BIFFlix: Ceremony – June 16th 22nd
BEPRO Summer Kick off Party – June 16th
Bermuda Open Stroke Play Championship - June 16th to 19th
Jeffrey Johnston Fundraiser at RBYC - June 17th
Friday Night Fish Fry Fundraiser – June 17th
Jana Matusz Exhibition - June 17th to 29th
Tag Days 2011 - June 17th and 18th
Girl Power Bermuda - June 18th
Francis Patton Primary School Extravaganza – June 18th
The St. David’s Islanders and Native Community’s Biannual Pow Wow - June 18th and 19th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series – June 19th
1st Annual Colour the Sky Event - June 20th
1st Flanagans Onions Traffic Light Booze Cruise – June 24th
United Dance Productions Annual Dance Recital - June 24th and 25th
Capital G 23rd Annual Iron Kids Triathlon - June 25th
National Ladies Hockey Team Golf Day Fundraiser – June 26th
Gorilla Doctors (The Lecture Series) - June 28th and 29th
Bad Girls Gone Wild – The Wet Wet Edition - July 2nd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 3rd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Summer Camp - July 4th to 8th
Youth Library Summer Day Camp - July 4th to 27th
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
13th Annual College Students Networking Event – July 21st
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
21st Annual Bermuda Round-the-Sound Open Water Charity Swimathon – October 16th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th