July 5th, 2011
Hope you all enjoyed Canada Day/Independence Day if you celebrate them! My very favourite holiday is coming up on Thursday…regular readers, I'm sure you can guess where this is going… Yes, July 7th is officially Chocolate Day!! I fully intend to have gained 20 lbs by Friday. Anyway, back to upcoming Bermuda events:
- For those of you who can't get enough of the July 4th celebrations, tomorrow will see a continuation of them with the Beating of the Retreat on King’s Square, St. George's. The Guest of Honour will be Chief Fire Officer for the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service, Vincent Hollinsid, who will take the salute as the Massed Bands march off parade. The programme will include many North American favourites, such as Hoagy Carmichael’s Georgia on My Mind, National Emblem, and Semper Fidelis, the motto (Always Faithful) and official march of the United States Marine Corps. In addition, the Bermuda Island Pipe Band will showcase the versatility of the Bagpipes with a few Stephen Foster tunes while the Highland Dancers will perform a Scottish Lilt and the Perth Assembly. The Ceremony begins at 9pm and is open to all.
- Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club have announced their Wednesday offers for July. Tomorrow, the first Wednesday of the month, they will be offering dinner without any restrictions from 6pm until 9pm at the set price of £35 for adults. They will also be hosting their Last Wednesday of the Month Dinner Dance on Wednesday, July 27th. From 6pm until 8pm, you can enjoy a la carte dining from Chef Graham and then dance the night away with music from the Max Maybury Band. For reservations call 238-1060 ext. 112, or email email@example.com. Here's the flyer!
- Feel like dancing under the stars? Rock Fever Productions invite you to Just Dance at Pier 6 on Saturday July 9th from 10pm until 3am. I-Mega, Prezidential Elite, Vybz Alliance, Supatone, and New Era will be playing dancehall, top 40, hip hop and club music and further entertainment will come from dance crews A-Team and Bermuda Squad, laser lights shows, cash prize for best male and female dancers, drinks specials all night and more! Tickets are $20 in advance from Kit 'n' Caboodle or $25 on the door. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event!
- Some of Bermuda's most talented young people are currently singing, dancing and acting their way through an intensive 10-day arts programme and will be capping this off with Bermuda Glee, original musical theatre at Berkeley Institute. There will be two performances on Sunday, July 10th, at 2pm and 6pm. Tickets are $15 and available from www.bdatix.com.
- The second in the three-part BEPRO Lunch N’ Learn Series will be at the Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, July 12th. This one is on the subject of Finances 101 and speakers are Paula Marshall from HSBC and Mark Jennings from LOM. This event is free for members, $10 per session for non-members and lunch will be provided. To register, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org - here's the flyer!
- A little bit of a break from the norm, Latin Restaurant would like to invite you to a special Tequila and Food-Pairing dinner on Wednesday, July 13th from 7pm. Joe Arellano, Vice President of Patrón Spirits Company, and Latin/Rumba°r’s Chef Tom Tabor will be there to demonstrate how premium tequila can have all the subtle complexity of fine wines and how pairing it with Nuevo Latino cuisine is a great way to explore its nuances. The cost is $80 per person, which is all-inclusive of dinner, a 6 flight tasting of Patrón, wines, and gratuities. Space is limited to 40 guests so call 296-5050 to reserve. Here's the flyer!
- No need to change from your beachwear to nightwear on Saturday, July 16th, as Dockie's are bringing us an indoor beach vibe at their Black Seal Appreciation Party! From 10pm until 3am, they will be celebrating one of Bermuda's most famous exports with beach balls, palm trees, Best Bikini Contest with a cash prize, Crown & Anchor Table and Wheel of Hotness Drinking Games. YGS, Supatone and DJ Smokey will be starting the night off with old school reggae and then bringing it bang up to date with the best dance music from 2011. Unsurprisingly, there will be drink specials all night on Black Seal and Gosling's Gold. Tickets are $15 in advance from Kit 'n' Caboodle or $20 at door. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook.
- Could you donate an hour of your time on Wednesday, July 27th? If so, the Family Centre would like to invite you to help out with Tag Day – a variety of locations are available so please contact Starla Williams at email@example.com for full details.
- Another one to add to the Regular/Recurring Events Section Section - Royal Naval Nights is coming to Dockyard, every Monday until October 24th. From 7pm until 9.30pm, local personality, Ed Christopher will be serving as the Master of Ceremonies for this exciting street festival whichfeatures street vendors and performances including Gombey’s, magicians, jugglers, unicyclists with local and international entertainment. Here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Voorhees Joell: Liquid Art Photography Exhibit - July 1st to 19th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Summer Camp - July 4th to 8th
Youth Library Summer Day Camp - July 4th to 27th
Beating of the Retreat – July 6th
Riddell's Bay First Wednesday Dinner – July 6th
G&S Opera: Das Rheingold - July 9th
Docksiders Rave Party - July 9th
Bermuda Folk Club: Sounds of the South - July 9th
Bermuda Nights - July 9th
Just Dance at Pier 6 – July 9th
Bermuda Glee – July 10th
BEPRO Lunch N’ Learn Series – July 12th
Tequila and Food-Pairing Dinner at Latin – July 13th
Martini Tasting at RBYC - July 15th
Najee Pre-Party Meet and Greet - July 16th
Summer Heatwave - July 16th
Dockie's Black Seal Appreciation Party – July 16th
Najee Concert and Afterparty - July 17th
BMDS: Much Ado About Nothing - July 17th to 24th
Summer Music Camp - July 18th to 22nd
13th Annual College Students Networking Event - July 21st
G&S Opera: Die Walküre - July 23rd
Bermuda Nights - July 23rd
BPRFC Cheeky Tiki Luau Party - July 27th
Riddell's Bay Last Wednesday Dinner Dance – July 27th
Family Centre Tag Day – July 27th
Chewstick's Beachfest Emancipation Celebration - July 27th and 28th
Soca versus Reggae V: The Global Edition - July 29th
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Bermuda Nights - August 6th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series -August 20th
Bermuda Nights - August 20th
Bermuda Nights - September 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series - September 17th
Bermuda Nights - September 17th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th