August 24th, 2011
Thanks to everyone who came out to NTDIB Neon on Saturday – I had a blast and hope you did too! Winners will be announced shortly and photos are on FB here – feel free to tag yourselves! Thanks again to our lovely sponsors, Premier Distributors. On a related matter:
- It’s going to be hell on the golf course… That's right, start forming teams of 4 for NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament! This will be on Saturday, October 22nd, arrival/registration is at 7pm and the game starts around 7.30pm. Bring your own refreshments, a flashlight and 3 to 5 golf clubs. Glow-in-the-dark golf balls will be provided. This is a rain or shine event so you might want to plan your outfit accordingly – remember, it’s Halloween so costumes are mandatory! The cost is $50 per head and $10 proceeds will go to New Beginnings – a great new charity which gives young people access to education and professional development. Tickets are available from www.premierticketsglobal.com from now until Tuesday, October 18th, or until tickets sell out, whichever happens first.. Once purchased, please email me at ntdiBermuda@hotmail.com to confirm your team members. The last two NTDIB Neon events have sold out so snap ‘em up quick! Here’s the spooktacular flyer and here's the link to the Facebook event! **UPDATE: I can now confirm that prizes for the tournament will be courtesy of our lovely sponsors, Amstel Light!
- Due to the Bermuda Gospel Festival, Royal Naval Heritage Nights is cancelled this week.
- Don’t forget that Moonlight Movies, scheduled for last Friday, is now this coming Friday – details are the same as last time (movies are Rio and Source Code at #1 Car Park) and can be found here.
- High Roller Entertainment presents the Blackberry Pin Exchange Party at Moon Nightclub and Lounge on Saturday, August 27th from 10pm. Upon entry everyone will scan their barcodes and throughout the night they will be giving away prizes on BBM. Hosted by Ya Boy, music is by DJ Choice and DJ Rusty G and CELLONE will be giving away new smartphone devices and other Blackberry giveaways. Tickets are $20 in advance and more on the door. For more information and tickets add 26CAA2B9 or follow @bobbyschwa and @cellonebda - here's the flyer!
- The 2nd Annual Causeway BBQ Throwdown and Block Party will be on Sunday, September 4th from 10am until 10pm. This will be next to Swing Bridge, St. George’s and is a great community event including a BBQ Throwdown, Pie-eating Contest, Best Mechanical Bull-Rider, Funcastles and more. Here’s the link to the event on Facebook and here's the flyer!
- BIFF's monthly film series BIFFlix will host a screening of Gun Hill Road on Thursday, September 15th at 6.30pm in Tradewinds Auditorium at BUEI. Tickets are available in advance at http://tickets.biff.bm/Event/Gun-Hill-Road.aspx or at the door on the day from 5.30pm. Tickets are $9 for BIFF members or $13 for non-members. For reservations or enquiries email email@example.com or call 293-3456.
- Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to BMDS Famous for 15 Minutes next month – unfortunately, due to an insufficient number of male auditionees, the show has been postponed until next year.
- The Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows are coming to Somersfield Academy on Saturday, October 23rd and Sunday, October 24th. This kicks off at 8.30am on the Saturday with the 1st Conformation Show and 1st and 2nd DTC Obedience Trials. After lunch, there will be the 2nd Conformation Show and IDEA Novice & Advanced Rally. The Sunday also kicks off at 8.30am the 3rd Conformation Show and 3rd and 4th DTC Obedience Trials. After lunch, there is the 4th Conformation Show and IDEA Excellent, Versatility & Versatility Excellent Rally. For further details, you can see their website at www.show.bkc.bm. This show will have international judges and dogs, handlers and owners from Bermuda, Canada and the U.S. Admission is free – here’s the flyer!
- The Bermuda Diabetes Association are bringing some casino-style glamour to the Island with their Vegas Night at Elbow Beach Hotel on Saturday, October 29th. From 7.30pm until midnight there will be a Casino-style night of games (Craps, Poker, Crown & Anchor, Wheel of Fortune, Roulette, Blackjack and slots), food and drink, live music and DJ. Dress code is formal/evening and the ticket price is $200 per person which includes open bar, international buffet and $25 of Casino chips. Proceeds go towards educational programming for Bermuda Diabetes Association and tickets are available from www.bdatix.bm, All Wrapped Up, Washington Mall or Fabulous Fashions, Heron Bay Plaza. For more information, see www.bermudadiabetes.org or telephone 297-8427 – here’s the flyer! **UPDATE: A little more information on this event – they will be capturing the vibes of five of the great resort hotels on the strip, each with gambling tables, so you will be able to visit The Luxor (Egyptian-themed with Middle Eastern food), The Venetian (Venice-themed with Italian food), The Imperial (pagodas, dragons and lanterns with Chinese food), Paris (Eiffel Tower and Moulin Rouge with cheese and wine) and Circus Circus (as it sounds, with sugar-free desserts)!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Weakness for Sweetness, Ol School Reggae Night - August 19th
Water World Family Fun Day - August 22nd to 26th
2011 Bermuda Gospel Festival - August 25th to 27th
Moonlight Movie Series: Rio and Source Code – August 26th
Wine 101: Intro to Wine - August 27th
Blackberry Pin Exchange Party – August 27th
Bermuda Beach Smash 2011 - August 27th and 28th
To Live is to Dream, to Dream is to Live - September 1st and 2nd
Fusion Happy Hour - September 2nd
Bermuda National Gallery Autumn Exhibition Opening - September 2nd
Bermuda Nights - September 3rd
Boys and Literacy - September 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
2nd Annual Causeway BBQ Throwdown and Block Party – September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
Mosaic Book Launch - September 15th
BIFFlix: Gun Hill Road – September 15th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 16th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series - September 17th
Bermuda Nights - September 17th
2011 ANCOP Walk - September 18th
BMDS Famous for Fifteen Minutes - September 22nd to October 1st
Mariners RFC "M" Party - September 24th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 30th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament – October 22nd
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows – October 23rd and 24th
Bermuda Diabetes Association Vegas Night – October 29th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th