August 26th, 2011
Happy Friday Troops!
I don't want to wish the summer away but is anyone else ready for it to start cooling down a little? Here's what's happening in Bermuda:
- A little more advanced that the bucket-and-spade castles that I create but the Bermuda Department of Tourism presents the 16th Annual Bermuda Sand Sculpture Competition on Saturday, September 3rd. This will be at the usual location of beautiful Horseshoe Bay. Sculpting begins at 10am and finishes at 4pm with judging and awards presentation to follow with prizes to be won. Available categories, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes, are Families. Children 12 and Under, Teenagers 13 – 19, Seniors 55 plus, Open, Company/Organisation and Tourist. Admission is free for both spectators and participants, however you will need to submit an entry form (here it is) to participate – contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested – spaces are limited!
- Labour Day is just around the corner – to celebrate, Muse is having a Pre-Labour Day Party from Saturday, September 3rd from 10am until 3am. Here's the flyer!
- Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club have announced their offers for September. September 7th, the first Wednesday of the month, they will be offering dinner without any restrictions from 6pm until 8pm at the set price of £38 for adults, $19 for children aged 5-12 and free for under-4s. Music is by pianist James Richardson - here's the flyer! They will also be hosting a Seafood Buffet Extravaganza on Friday, September 30th from 6.30pm. The price is £68 for adults, $34 for children aged 5-12 and free for under-4s - here's the flyer! For reservations call 238-1060 ext. 112, or email email@example.com.
- Bermuda Folk Club are hosting an Open Mic Night at Spanish Point Boat Club on Saturday, September 10th. This will be from 8pm until 11.30pm, admission is $10 for non-members, $8 for members and, if interested in performing, you can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see their site at www.folkclub.bm or their FB Page here.
- On Saturday, September 11th, be prepared for City Hall Car Park to be colourful and lively as it will be celebrating one of Bermuda's oldest traditions at the 2011 Gombey Festival from 2pm until 6pm. The event will feature live performances from Bermuda Gombey troupes, including Warner Gombey Troupe, Warwick Gombey Troupe, The New Generation Places Gombeys, H&H Gombeys, Roots Gombeys and the Richardson Gombey Troupe. There will also be food vendors, gombey-inspired face-painting for kids, local gombey crafts and special performances by stilt-walkers - here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Weakness for Sweetness, Ol School Reggae Night - August 19th
Water World Family Fun Day - August 22nd to 26th
2011 Bermuda Gospel Festival - August 25th to 27th
Moonlight Movie Series: Rio and Source Code - August 26th
Wine 101: Intro to Wine - August 27th
Blackberry Pin Exchange Party - August 27th
Bermuda Beach Smash 2011 - August 27th and 28th
To Live is to Dream, to Dream is to Live - September 1st and 2nd
Fusion Happy Hour - September 2nd
Bermuda National Gallery Autumn Exhibition Opening - September 2nd
Bermuda Nights - September 3rd
Boys and Literacy - September 3rd
16th Annual Bermuda Sand Sculpture Competition – September 3rd
Muse Pre-Labour Day Party – September 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
2nd Annual Causeway BBQ Throwdown and Block Party - September 4th
Riddell's Bay First Wednesday of the Month Dinner – September 7th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
Bermuda Folk Club Open Mic Night – September 10th
Gombey Festival 2011 – September 11th
Mosaic Book Launch - September 15th
BIFFlix: Gun Hill Road - September 15th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 16th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series - September 17th
Bermuda Nights - September 17th
2011 ANCOP Walk - September 18th
Mariners RFC "M" Party - September 24th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 30th
Riddell's Bay Seafood Buffet Extravaganza – September 30th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament - October 22nd
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows - October 23rd and 24th
Bermuda Diabetes Association Vegas Night - October 29th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!