August 2nd, 2011
Good Morning Kids!
All recovered from Cup Match? Don't worry, there are still plenty of Bermuda events coming to keep you occupied for the rest of the summer:
- First up, just a quick warning that almost half of all tickets for NTDIB Neon have been sold already so grab your tickets soon from www.premierticketsglobal.com if you're planning on attending – they will only be on sale until Tuesday, August 16th or until they sell out, whichever happens first!
- Kid-friendly shenanigans coming up at Water World Family Fun Day on Hen's Island. This will be from Monday, August 8th until Thursday, August 11th, and then from Monday, August 22nd until Thursday, August 26th from 10am until 6pm. A water taxi will be running every 15 minutes from King's Square and $25 includes all activities on the island, such as volleyball, snorkeling, slip 'n' slides and more, with refreshments such as hamburgers, hotdogs and snowballs available for sale. They are also offering discounted rates for groups of 20 or more people. The poster is being revised with new dates but here's the old one. **UPDATE: Tickets are now for sale online at www.premierticketsglobal.com.
- Bermudian dancer and choreographer Eric Bean Jr. presents Return to Paradise, an evening of dance to stimulate positive dialogue about the ills plaguing Bermuda. The show will run from Friday, August 12th until Sunday, August 14th at City Hall Theatre and will feature local dancers Dominique Anderson, Sierra Renae DeSilva, Fredrika Hill and Krystal Smith as well as incorporating the spoken word of flow poets Lauren Francis and Tiffany Paynter. Part proceeds from Return to Paradise will be donated to Suzette Harvey’s Jump Start Dance Foundation and to O’Brian Roberts’ Bermuda Magic, two non-profit organisations that Mr. Bean notes are dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young people. Patron tickets are $40, general admission tickets are $25 and, due to support from the National Dance Foundation of Bermuda to encourage attendance by young people, student tickets are priced at just $5 each. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://jariccodance.com and contacting Mr. Bean via email. Here's the flyer!
- Next Saturday, August 13th marks the 12th Annual Sunshine League Moon Walk! Each summer the Sunshine League puts on an evening walk-a-thon and picnic. This will be from 6.15pm and the walk will be taking place along Southshore, from Warwick park/playground to Church Bay and back – about 5.5 miles in total. The cost of registration is $20 for adults and $5 for children under 12. The runner/walker with the highest pledges will win two round-trip Jet Blue tickets. For more information or to volunteer for this event, contact email@example.com Here is the flyer and the registration and pledge forms are available for download at www.sunshineleague.bm/events.php.
- The August edition of the Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series will be on Sunday, August 21st. Documentary Life in a Day will be showing at 3pm, followed by Steve Coogan/Rob Brydon road comedy film, The Trip, at 5.15pm. More details on the films can be found at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/weekend-film-series-3/. Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314. Here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Black Apartheid Exhibition by Manuel Palacio - July 22nd to August 9th
Magic Workshop - August 1st to 5th
Bermuda Nights - August 6th
A Night of LIVE Bermudian Entertainment - August 6th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 7th
Water World Family Fun Day – August 8th to 11th
Moonlight Movie Series: Rango/The Adjustment Bureau - August 12th
Fusion Happy Hour - August 12th
Return to Paradise – August 12th to 14th
Mambo Nights: City Lights - August 13th
12th Annual Sunshine League Moon Walk – August 13th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series -August 20th
Bermuda Nights - August 20th
DanceSations Summer Dance Show 2011 - August 20th
NTDIB Neon: Charity Night Golf - August 20th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series – August 21st
Water World Family Fun Day – August 22nd to 26th
2011 Bermuda Gospel Festival - August 25th to 27th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 2nd
Bermuda Nights - September 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 16th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series - September 17th
Bermuda Nights - September 17th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 30th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th