August 31st, 2011
Happy Hump Day Kids!
It’s the last day of August – get out and do some good with it! Here's what's going on in BDA:
- I for one refuse to accept that summer is over quite yet but some of the seasonal activities are already finishing up. Tonight is the LAST Harbour Nights of the season, for example!
- Tomorrow is the first Thursday of the month, which means that it’s time for the Moonlight Bazaar at Moon Nightclub & Lounge! The September edition (eek – yes, tomorrow is September) will feature a sportswear collection from Definitions by Dean and Bermuda Jam Company showcasing their new sugar-free jam. This is in addition to the usual assortment of accessories, clothing, pedicures, manicures, massages and the Moon Cocktail List. As usual, this will be hosted by Miss Chrissy Dior from 5.30pm until 9pm with DJ Bitsy the Puppetmaster starting at 10pm - here's the flyer!
- The Moonlight Movie Series is back again on Friday, this time at the Arboretum. As usual, this is a double feature, the event starts at 7pm, the first film (The Perfect Game) airs at 9pm, the second (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) starts at 11pm and there will also be an international food court, kiddie land and island entertainment. For more details, see www.moonlightmovieseries.com.
- Shine's HOME (House of Music and Entertainment) invite us to celebrate the Labour Day Weekend with them with free entry every night except Saturday. On Saturday, entry will be $20, which includes a free drink and live music by Hindsight. For more details, see their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/Shineshome.
- Local singer/dancer/actor, Malachi Simmons will be featured in a Chewstick Foundation Griot Session to raise funds for his education in the UK. This evening of song, poetry and dance will be on Wednesday, September 7th at 8pm and will also feature opening act Emma Keane. All funds raised through Malachi's GRIOT session will be managed by the Trust for All the Arts, Bermuda registered charity #900. The performance will be streamed live at www.chewstick.org. Doors open at 7pm, there is limited seating and tickets are $10 from www.premierticketsglobal.com or at the door. Donations in support of Malachi can be made online at www.premierticketsglobal.com and will also be accepted at the door. - here is the link to the Facebook event and here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Last Harbour Nights of the Season – August 31st
To Live is to Dream, to Dream is to Live - September 1st and 2nd
Moonlight Bazaar at Moon Nightclub & Lounge – September 1st
Fusion Happy Hour - September 2nd
Bermuda National Gallery Autumn Exhibition Opening - September 2nd
Moonlight Movie Series: The Perfect Game and Transformers: Dark of the Moon – September 2nd
Bermuda Nights - September 3rd
Boys and Literacy - September 3rd
16th Annual Bermuda Sand Sculpture Competition - September 3rd
Muse Pre-Labour Day Party - September 3rd
Hindsight at Shine's HOME – September 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Reggae Vibes - September 4th
2nd Annual Causeway BBQ Throwdown and Block Party - September 4th
Riddell's Bay First Wednesday of the Month Dinner - September 7th
Chewstick Foundation Griot Session: Malachi Simmons – September 7th
Ovarian Cancer - September 8th
Bermuda Folk Club Open Mic Night - September 10th
Gombey Festival 2011 - September 11th
Mosaic Book Launch - September 15th
BIFFlix: Gun Hill Road - September 15th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 16th
Barmuvinjam Summer Cruise Series - September 17th
Bermuda Nights - September 17th
2011 ANCOP Walk - September 18th
Mariners RFC "M" Party - September 24th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 30th
Riddell's Bay Seafood Buffet Extravaganza - September 30th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament - October 22nd
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows - October 23rd and 24th
Bermuda Diabetes Association Vegas Night - October 29th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th