September 21st, 2011
Lots of Bermuda events coming up so let's just get right down to it:
- The next Under the Moongate Supper Club will be at Harry's on Thursday, September 22nd. The cost is $125 per person for food only ($105 for vegetarians) and $165 for the food and wine pairing ($145 for vegetarians). Spaces are limited so RSVP to email@example.com. Here's a copy of the menu.
- L’Alliance Française des Bermudes would like to invite players and spectators alike to their Pétanque Tourament on Friday, September 23rd from 5.30pm at the Bermuda College alley (at the College's roundabout, follow the direction of the Coco Reef hotel and the alley is just across from the hotel entrance). This is open to all, members and non-members and there is no need to register, so just turn up with drinks, snacks, blankets, chairs and anything else you need to have a good time. Baguette, cheese and snacks for the children will be offer by the Alliance Française as well as the opportunity to win a basket full of french specialties by guessing its weight. The minimum playing fee is $10 (additional donations welcome!) and details can be found on their website at www.alliancefrancaise.bm.
- Bermuda's most prolific Spoken word artist Stephan Johnstone will be featured in the next Chewstick Foundation Griot Session on Friday, September 23rd at 9pm and will also feature opening act Jules from the Ital Foundation. You can see some of Stephan's work at http://poetry.sjdworld.com/ or on his Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/stephanjohnstonepoetry. The performance will also be streamed live at www.chewstick.org. Doors open at 8pm, with the after-party going until 1am. There is limited seating and tickets are $10 at the door – here's the flyer! For more information call 292-2439 (CHEW) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Another Griot Session the following night as Cole Rodriguez, winner of the Boston Slam Poet Competition, will be featured in the Chewstick Foundation Griot Session. This will be on Saturday, September 24th at 8pm and will also feature opening act Alan Smith. The performance will also be streamed live at www.chewstick.org. Doors open at 7pm, with the after-party going until after midnight. There is limited seating and entry is free – here's the flyer! For more information call 292-2439 (CHEW) or email email@example.com
- Great news for anyone who loves channeling Tigger! Tomorrow's Voices Bermuda Autism Early Intervention Centre will be hosting its 1st Annual Bounce for Autism Fun Day at Southampton Rangers Sports Club on Saturday, September 24th from 1pm until 10pm. They inform me that Children with Autism love to bounce so they thought they would host a Community Fun Day with the focus of activities being bouncing. The event will also include fun castles, water slides, food and snack stalls, vendors, face painting, raffles, a great door prize and their Bounce Competition! This event will raise funds for their Centre, which provides daily services for children with autism and other developmental disabilities in Bermuda. Entry is $10 for adults and $5 for kids over 2 – here's the flyer!
- It would appear that Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series made a popular choice for their September edition! Since The First Grader sold out last Sunday, they are giving you another chance to see it this coming Sunday, at 3.30pm. More details on the films can be found at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/weekend-film-series-3/. Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314.
- On Friday, September 30th, the Chamber of Commerce Retail & Restaurant divisions are hosting an evening of fashion and food called Bermuda's Fashion Night Out. Participants from Front Street to Court Street will be offering special discounts, wine tastings, black carpets, photo ops, models and music while you shop. On this night, retail stores will stay open until 8pm, while restaurants will offer special discounts to diners, along with special drink prices. For more information, contact Paula Clarke, Chairman of the Retail Division at Bermuda Chamber of Commerce on 304-6098.
- The first-ever Yoga Aid Challenge on Bermuda to benefit the Africa Yoga Project will take place on Saturday, October 1st from 2pm until 4pm at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. Africa Yoga Project is a charity in Kenya that uses yoga to teach unity, peace and possibility for urban youth. The Bermuda Challenge is a free, fun yoga class. No experience is necessary, all levels are welcome and all donations will benefit Africa Yoga Project. To register and begin your fundraising efforts, see www.yogaaid.com/usa/registernow - here's the flyer!
- Bargain hunters will be delighted to know that the MAMA Car Boot Sale will be at Whitney Institute on Saturday October 1st from 9am until 12 noon. This is a rain or shine event and stalls will be selling toys, games, baby stuff, children's and maternity clothes, homewares, as well as baked good and an indoor bouncy castle. Entry is free – here's the flyer !
- Now in its 14th year, the PartnerRe Women's 5K Run & Walk for 2011 will be on Sunday, October 2nd. The Juniors 2K will begin at 8.30am and the 5K run will begin at 9am from the Botanical Gardens. Race awards include thousands of dollars in prizes for all age categories, plus Grand Draw prizes (including an iPad 2 and an overnight stay and spa treatment for two at Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa). There are also gift bags and t-shirts available for the first 1000 registrants at number pickup. All proceeds will go to the Bermuda Heart Foundation to help fund Heart Month 2012 – A Woman's Heart. For further information, or to register, please see www.partnerre5k.bm. Here's the flyer!
- Bersalon have released their spa offers for September/October – here's the flyer with full details!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Wine-Tasting at Lemon Tree - September 22nd
Under the Moongate Supper Club at Harry's – September 22nd
Mind Frame & PhotoVoice Exhibition - September 23rd to October 12th
L’Alliance Française des Bermudes Pétanque Tourament – September 23rd
Chewstick Foundation Griot Session: Stephan Johnstone - September 23rd
Mariners RFC "M" Party - September 24th
Discovery Wines Wine Class - September 24th
Celebration of New Zealand Winemaker Dinner - September 24th
Tomorrow's Voices 1st Annual Bounce for Autism Fun Day – September 24th
Chewstick Foundation Griot Session: Cole Rodriguez – September 24th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series: The First Grader – September 25th
BMDS: A Kiss on the Bottom - September 26th to October 1st
Celebrating Wellness - September 28th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 30th
Riddell's Bay Seafood Buffet Extravaganza - September 30th
Bermuda's Fashion Night Out – September 30th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
Bermuda Police Service Gymkhana - October 1st
Yoga Aid Challenge – October 1st
MAMA Car Boot Sale – October 1st
PartnerRe Women's 5K Run & Walk - October 2nd
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
Junior Boarding School Fairs - October 6th
TechWeek 2011 - October 7th to 15th
Bermuda Quilter's Guild Quilt Show - October 7th to 9th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Mid-Atlantic Boarding Schools Fair - October 13th
The Family Centre’s Beach Bash - October 14th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
Puppet Master - October 15th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Sybil's Dynamic Female Impersonators 9th Annual International Diva Fest - October 21st and 22nd
NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament - October 22nd
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows - October 23rd and 24th
Bermuda Diabetes Association Vegas Night - October 29th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th