September 28th, 2011
Yes, yes, I finally have details on some Halloween events for you…but they're not until near the end of this post since I list in date order. No skipping ahead – don't think I won't know! Enjoy reading about ALL the upcoming Bermuda events – there will be a test afterwards:
- Bermuda Cricket Board have announced that the MCC vs. Bermuda Tour Schedule is taking place from Friday, September 23rd until Saturday, October 8th. The schedule will include three 50 overs and five T20 matches…I have no idea what that means but admission is free! Full details and match times/locations are on their website at www.bermudacricketboard.com - here's the flyer!
- Since society frowns upon us eating the tourists, the Sustainable Development Roundtable (SDRT) is inviting interested members of the public to a Community Conversation called, Our Food Supply: How Sustainable Is It? tomorrow from 7pm until 9pm. This will be at the Ruth Seaton James Auditorium at CedarBridge Academy and will provide a forum for the community to hear from local experts (including an agronomist, grocer, economist, distributor and farmer) and discuss the factors that influence the purchasing, selection and pricing of food that is sent to Bermuda. It will also highlight our vulnerabilities and opportunities in maintaining our food supply. For more details, please contact email@example.com, or see their website at www.sdbermuda.bm – here’s the flyer!
- Also tomorrow night, the Human Rights Commission (HRC), a unit within the Department of Human Affairs and the Ministry of Youth, Families, and Sports is pleased to invite you to attend the Human Rights Roadshow! This is your chance to learn about the Human Rights Act, how it applies to Bermuda, and the role of the Human Rights Commission. This is a free event, open to all (no matter what race, sex or gender, I would assume!), and will be at Pennos Wharf in St. Georges from 6.30pm to 8pm. For more details, contact 295-5859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- D'General will be hosting his last Soca event for the year, Miami Carnival Send-off, this Friday, September 30th. This will be at the Cellar at the Fairmont Southampton from 10pm until 3am, with music courtesy of D'General, DNice and Selecta Fray! Tickets are $20 and available from www.premiertickets.bm – here’s the flyer!
- In honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre have organized a whole host of events throughout October, beginning with the Opening Ceremony at City Hall on Monday, October 3rd. This will be at 12 noon and all are welcome to attend. Wednesday, October 12th will be the 15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk at Barr’s Bay Park. The walk starts at 6pm with vendors and information tables there between 5pm and 5.45pm. Walk Packs are $30 and are available from BF&M, Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre, Sportseller or buy online at www.chc.bm. Melange Life After Cancer Annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser at Gosling’s Wine Cellar will be on Saturday, October 15th from 7pm until 10pm. Tickets are $25 and you should contact email@example.com for details. The Just Between Us Fashion Show and Tea will be at 3pm on Sunday, October 16th at St. Paul’s Christian Education Hall in Paget. Friday, October 21st is Annual Denim Day – what do your jeans say about you? To participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Gibbon’s Company will be hosting a Charity Shopping Day on Friday, October 21st from 9am until 6pm – for a $5 donation, you can receive discounts storewide. Friday, October 21st will be the Annual Friday Fish Fry at Christ Church, Warwick from 5pm until 8.30pm where you can either take out or eat in for $20 per person. Tickets are available for advance purchase from Keith’s Kitchen, BAA Parking Lot, Christ Church Warwick or Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre. Thursday, October 27th will introduce Bermuda’s Breast Specialist at a Breast Health Talk Presentation by Dr. David Green at BUEI from 6pm until 7.30pm. This is all in addition to free mammogram screenings, donation boxes and more – see, told ya it was a whole host of events! Here’s the flyer!
- Ferrari Bar at LV’s presents Signature Saturdays, their new weekly event beginning on October 8th. This will run from 10pm until 3am every Saturday until December 24th and will feature DJs playing the best in R&B, Hip-Hop, Reggae and Soca. If you are on the Facebook Guest List or are a BBM Contact, entry is free. The regular cost is $15 before midnight, more after and if that isn’t enough of an incentive to be an early bird, you will also receive a free Ferrari shot before 11pm. Here’s the flyer!
- Teachers Rugby are celebrating 50 years this season so I think it’s reasonable to expect the 2011 edition of the TRFC Annual Halloween Bash to be particularly spooktacular! This will be on Saturday, October 29th in the usual venue of Docksiders from 9pm, with games and prizes all night long until the party ends at 2am. Tickets are $25 and available from any TRFC Member or from Dockies. For more details, contact email@example.com – here’s the flyer!
- Another fang-tastic party on the same night is Fetish at Ferrari Bar at LV's. Costumes are mandatory for entry, iMega, Aztec, DJ Keem and DJ Spin Citi from NYC will be spinning the tunes from 10pm until 3am, and there will be a prize for the lady in the sexiest costume. Tickets are $25 in advance from Jazzy Boutique and Kit n Caboodle - here's the flyer!
- Robin Hood have kindly sent me some flyers of their upcoming events – here is the rugby schedule, here is the football schedule, here is the Quiz Night schedule schedule and here are their NFL specials.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Mind Frame & PhotoVoice Exhibition - September 23rd to October 12th
MCC vs. Bermuda Tour – September 23rd to October 8th
BMDS: A Kiss on the Bottom - September 26th to October 1st
Celebrating Wellness - September 28th
Our Food Supply: How Sustainable Is It? - September 29th
Human Rights Roadshow – September 29th
Fusion Happy Hour - September 30th
Riddell's Bay Seafood Buffet Extravaganza - September 30th
Bermuda's Fashion Night Out - September 30th
Miami Carnival Send-off – September 30th
Bermuda Nights - October 1st
Bermuda Police Service Gymkhana - October 1st
Yoga Aid Challenge - October 1st
MAMA Car Boot Sale - October 1st
PartnerRe Women's 5K Run & Walk - October 2nd
Breast Cancer Awareness Month Opening Ceremony – October 3rd
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
Junior Boarding School Fairs - October 6th
TechWeek 2011 - October 7th to 15th
How to Build Your Dream Team Seminar - October 7th
Bermuda Quilter's Guild Quilt Show - October 7th to 9th
Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner - October 8th
Ferrari Bar at LV’s Signature Saturdays Launch - October 8th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Mid-Atlantic Boarding Schools Fair - October 13th
The Family Centre’s Beach Bash - October 14th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
Puppet Master - October 15th
TEDxBermuda - October 15th
Melange Life After Cancer Annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser – October 15th
Prince and Princess Ball - October 16th
Just Between Us Fashion Show and Tea – October 16th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Sybil's Dynamic Female Impersonators 9th Annual International Diva Fest - October 21st and 22nd
Annual Denim Day – October 21st
Gibbon’s Company Charity Shopping Day – October 21st
Annual Friday Fish Fry – October 21st
NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament - October 22nd
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows - October 23rd and 24th
Breast Health Talk Presentation – October 27th
Bermuda Diabetes Association Vegas Night - October 29th
TRFC Annual Halloween Bash – October 29th
Fet!sh Halloween Party at Ferrari Bar – October 29th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th