October 11th, 2011
Wow, these posts get longer and longer every week – if you want something to do in Bermuda, you have definitely come to the right place:
- The Bermuda Department of Tourism presents the final Bermuda Nights of the season at Barr's Bay Park this Saturday, October 15th. Since the October 1st edition was cancelled due to bad weather, this one will feature performers from both, so the event will start at 7pm instead of 8pm due to the longer lineup. This includes the Steel Pan Orchestra, Djata, Capoeria Camara, Jahstice, Sia Spence & Da Business, Troika, Hindsite and H&H Gombeys - here's the flyer!
- A great way to clear the chaos in your head and update the look of your home at the same time – East End Flower Alley are hosting a Fab Fall FlowerPeutic Workshop on Monday, October 17th. From 7pm until 9.30pm, you can enjoy wine and canapes and a short demonstration before they leave you to your own creation. Also, for the first time, they are having a Children's Perfect Pumpkins Workshop on Saturday, October 15th from 12 noon until 2.30pm. The Adult Workshop costs $75, the Children's Workshop costs $60 and you can reserve your place by calling 297-1929.
- You are invited to join the ditch the gym and join the Zumba Party on Thursday, October 20th at the Bermuda High School for Girls Gymnasium! Zumba is a Latin-inspired calorie-burning dance workout choreographed to Latin, reggae and soca music and this fundraising event caters for all ages – ZumbAtomic (from 5.30pm until 6pm) is a Zumba programme for kids under 13 and Zumba and Shakeweight is for those aged 13 and over. No prior experience is required! Tickets are $20 for adults, $5 for kids and they are available now from www.premiertickets.bm. All proceeds will be donated to Bermuda Cancer and Health in aid of their Breast Cancer programmes – if you can't make the party, donations are also welcome at www.cancer.bm/event-fundraisers/4583. For more information about the event, please call Verde Pineda at 338-3733 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- Blue Water Divers and Watersports Limited are planning a special Halloween Dive event on two dates – Sunday, October 23rd and Sunday, October 30th. The first dive is a Costume Competition and the prize for Most Effort for a Costume is an Oxygen Provider Course or you can bring a non-diver friend for a free lesson and one-tank dive, the prize for Most Original Costume is a BWD T-Shirt and the Prize for Most Fish Scared is a Wonders of the Deep book. The second dive is an Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest and the prize for Most Detailed Carving is a signed Teddy Tucker print of the Blanche King, the prize for Best Underwater Theme is Service Your Regulator or BCD and the prize for Most Fish Fed is a Wonders of the Deep book. Both dives will leave from their Somerset Bridge facility (Robinson’s Marina) – arrival is at 10.30am, the boat leaves and 11.15am and it returns at 3pm. The trip will be a 2 tank dive at the discount rate of $95 (including tanks and weights) $40 for snorkelers (including gear) or $15 for passengers – uncertified divers cannot be accomodated on thsi trip. To participate, book on line at www.divebermuda.com – here's the flyer!
- More Halloween hi-jinks are at SalsaMania's Halloween Jammy Jam on Friday, October 28th at 8.30pm until midnight. This will be at Victoria Grill (formerly Latin/Rumba'r) on Victoria Street. The salseros invite you to wear your best PJs, onesies and teddies to dance the night away with them! Admission is free and PJs are not mandatory! See www.bermudasalsa.com for details – here's the flyer!
- Calling all Bermuda-based artists, the first informal Meeting Space will take place at CV Cafe in St. George's on Saturday October 29th. From 2pm onwards, you will have the opportunity to network and share ideas – for more details on CV Cafe, see their Facebook Page here.
- I know all you bargain hunters out there love to hear about these – the Peace Lutheran Church (opposite the Botanical Gardens) is having a Fall Bazaar on Saturday, October 29th from 9am until 2pm. Proceeds are in aid of the Church Kitchen Fund and attractions will include books, a bake sale, golden elephant, silent auction, clothing, DVDs, food as well as a Kiddie Corner with a fun castle, games, toys and face-painting. Here's the flyer!
- This is a Member's Only event but I'm going to tell you about it anyway – you never know, you might want to join! BUEI present Underwater Underworld, their Annual Halloween Spooktacular on Saturday, October 29th from 1pm until 4pm. This includes a costume contest, face-painting, spooky crafts, bake sale, games and movie and more – you just have to bring your membership card with you. Call 297-7313 for more information - here's the flyer!
- Another frightfully good Halloween party to add to the list is the Annual Mariners RFC Halloween Party at Flanagan's on Saturday, October 29th. This will go from 8pm until 1am with prizes and drinks specials. Tickets are $20 and are available from www.premiertickets.bm, any player or contact Cameron Hollis at email@example.com - here's the flyer!
- Want to stay ahead of this season's trends? REA Fashions presents the show Fall Fashions Wardrobe at the Masterworks Gallery in the Botanical Gardens on Saturday, October 29th. Starting at 7pm, this event will include complimentary refreshments, special prizes and auctions. Tickets are $55 or $75 for patrons and available from REA Fashions at 292-1341 – here's the flyer and here's the back of the flyer!
- Friends of Hospice, the charity supporting Agape House, presents Walk to Remember on Sunday, October 30th. This is a pledge walk to remember those we love and there will be a prize for the most money raised for Bermuda's only hospice. Registration starts at 8.30am in the Botanical Gardens, opening ceremony at 8.45am and kick-off at 9am. Pledge forms are availalbe at City Esso in Hamilton, Agape House, Party Plus or online at www.friendsofhospice.bm - here's the flyer!
- Spa offers! I know how excited you all get by these…this time, the offers come from Elbow Beach and are until December 31 - here's the flyer with details!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Mind Frame & PhotoVoice Exhibition - September 23rd to October 12th
G&S: Jesus Christ, Superstar - October 6th to 15th
TechWeek 2011 - October 7th to 15th
Parent Development Workshop - October 11th
BEPRO Lunch 'N’ Learn Series: Estate Planning - October 11th
15th Annual Breast Cancer Fun Walk - October 12th
Mid-Atlantic Boarding Schools Fair - October 13th
Parent Development Workshop - October 13th
BEPRO presents Cameron - October 13th
The Family Centre’s Beach Bash - October 14th
Bermuda Nights - October 15th
Children's Perfect Pumpkins Workshop – October 15th
Puppet Master - October 15th
TEDxBermuda - October 15th
Melange Life After Cancer Annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser - October 15th
Prince and Princess Ball - October 16th
Just Between Us Fashion Show and Tea - October 16th
Fab Fall FlowerPeutic Workshop – October 17th
28th PGA Grand Slam of Golf - October 17th to 19th
Bermuda Interdenominational Women’s Conference - October 20th to 22nd
Zumba Party – October 20th
Mount Saint Agnes Academy Bazaar presents Cirque de MSA - October 21st and 22nd
Sybil's Dynamic Female Impersonators 9th Annual International Diva Fest - October 21st and 22nd
Bermuda Documentary Film Festival (Bermuda Docs) - October 21st to 23rd
Annual Denim Day - October 21st
Gibbon’s Company Charity Shopping Day - October 21st
Annual Friday Fish Fry – October 21st
Masterworks Chili Cook Off - October 21st
NTDIB Neon: Charity Halloween Golf Tournament - October 22nd
Dream Dare Dance 3rd Annual Dream Big Conference for Women - October 22nd
Blue Water Divers Halloween Dive – October 23rd
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2011 Bermuda Dog Shows - October 23rd and 24th
Mid-Term Scholar Academy - October 24th to 28th
Breast Health Talk Presentation - October 27th
DeRay Davis and Aries Spears Comedy Show - October 28th
SalsaMania's Halloween Jammy Jam – October 28th
Bermuda Diabetes Association Vegas Night - October 29th
TRFC Annual Halloween Bash - October 29th
Fet!sh Halloween Party at Ferrari Bar - October 29th
Super Saturday at Masterworks: Halloween - October 29th
Barmuvinjam and Secrets Annual Halloween Bash - October 29th
Artists Meeting Space – October 29th
Peace Lutheran Church Fall Bazaar - October 29th
BUEI Underwater Underworld: Annual Halloween Spooktacular – October 29th
Annual Mariners RFC Halloween Party – October 29th
REA Fashions: Fall Fashions Wardrobe – October 29th
Blue Water Divers Halloween Dive – October 30th
Walk to Remember – October 30th
Royal Naval Nights Halloween Edition - October 31st
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th
MONKEY NEWS: Been a while since we've had any Monkey News and this happens to be great news – Shirley the Chain-Smoking Organgutan has quit! The best bit about this article is the photo caption though: