November 16th, 2011
Here's what's going on in Bermuda over the next couple of weeks:
- Nothing to Chew in Bermuda: Asian Feast is on THIS Sunday and last time I checked, there was only 1 spot left for the 6.30pm sitting and 2 left for the 7.30pm sitting, so if you're bringing a larger group, come along at 8.30pm (while tickets last). Just to clarify, you do NOT have to leave before the next sitting arrives – the times are staggered just to make things a little easier on the kitchen! Quite frankly, if you manage to polish off all this food within an hour, I will be very impressed! Anyway, today is the LAST day tickets will be on sale – get them from www.premiertickets.bm before it's too late!
- Get your Legs 11 over to Vasco da Gama Club, Reid Street on Saturday, November 19th for a Charity Bingo Night from 8.30pm. A cash bar will be available and prizes include a $500 jackpot prize, gift certificates and more. Proceeds go to the Women's Resource Centre – here's the flyer!
- Mixing a little learning to the most important meal of the day, the Business & Professional Women’s Association of Bermuda presents The Organised Business Person on Saturday, November 19th. This event starts at 8.30am in Harley's Restaurant at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and the speaker is professional trainer Ghislaine Lemay. The cost is $35, which includes a breakfast buffet. Space is limited so you are asked to RSVP to email@example.com or 333-5496 by noon on Thursday, November 17th - here's the flyer!
- The November edition of the Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series is the last one of 2011 and will be on Sunday, November 20th. Documentary, The Whale will be showing at 3pm, followed by My Afternoons with Margueritte, at 5.15pm. More details on the films can be found at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/weekend-film-series-3/. Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314 – here's the flyer!
- Looking for a little more clarity in your life as we move into 2012? Karen Simons PhD., MhD from Sankofa: The Wellness Center on Chancery Lane is offering a Chakra Workshop on Sunday, November 27th from 9.30am until 5pm. The fee is $250, which includes a light lunch/snacks, and is due by Friday, November 23rd but there is an early bird special of $200 for NTDIB readers who sign up before Saturday, November 19th! Spaces are limited and you can register by calling 292-2513 or by dropping in. More details are on their website at www.sankofabda.com - here's the flyer!
- Bermuda National Library presents a Meet the Author event with Bermuda resident Sylvia May, author of The Unraveling of Abby Settel. This will be on Wednesday, November 30th from 12.30pm and books are available for purchase at the Bermuda Bookstore and Brown & Co. Bookmart. For more information call 295-1313 - here's the flyer!
- For one night only on Friday, December 2nd, the 2011 KatKids Christmas Market will be back at Mount Saint Agnes School Auditorium with their usual festive fun. There will be mulled wine, Christmas carols, performances from The Crazy Wednesdays and African dance troupe Bermuda Donquili, happy hour drinks prices, Nepalese and African food, raffle prizes, and you can shop for Christmas gifts at Nepalese and Ugandan arts, crafts and jewellery market stalls, or at the live auction hosted by Bruce Barritt. 100% of every single dollar spent at the event will go directly and undiluted to ISIS Foundation projects. This will go from 5.30pm until “late”, there is a $10 cover charge and tickets are available now on www.premiertickets.bm. There will also be tickets available on the door that night (cash only). For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- Who is looking to trim off some of that excess fat before the party season? Hmm…it might be easier to ask, who isn't! Jiketsu Martial Arts, Fitness & Natural Healing Centre are offering a Core Conditioning Class that guarantees a 6 to 8lbs loss by Christmas! Classes are on Monday and Thursday from 12 noon until 1pm, at a cost of $225 per month, or on Thursday only from 7pm until 8pm at a cost of $125 per month. They are also offering a Self-Defense Course which has been approved by the U.S. Department of Defense. This focuses on quick and easy techniques which work in real life situations, rather than requiring that your attacker gives you time to get into a fighting stance before they come at you at a certain angle. This is on Thursdays from 6pm until 7pm beginning November 10th and costs $350, a saving of $150 – here's the flyer!
- Good news if you have a techie to buy for this year – Gateway Systems, through their G-Wiz Technology store, have a few Christmas specials going on - here's the flyer or you can check out their website at www.g-wiz.bm!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 15th
Where the Whales Sing - November 17th
Riddell's Bay Indian Buffet Dinner - November 18th
CamBeach Lunch & Learn: In Case of Emergency Break Glass - November 19th
Friends & Family Circle Walk - November 19th
Victory over Diabetes - November 19th
Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda Workshops 2011 - November 19th
Wanda's Night of Divas - November 19th
City Market (Farmers' Market) at Bull's Head Car Park - November 19th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - November 19th
Charity Bingo Night – November 19th
The Organised Business Person Breakfast Seminar – November 19th
Nothing to Chew in Bermuda: Asian Feast - November 20th
TORC's Grand Auto-Moto Saloon - November 20th
Upstairs Closet Fashion Show & Tea– November 20th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series: The Whale/My Afternoons with Margueritte – November 20th
Hackers Cup: Celebrity Golf Tournament - November 20th to 24th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts: Tickets go on sale - November 21st
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 22nd
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 23rd
Thanksgiving Dinner at Lido Restaurant - November 24th to 26th
Denim for Diabetes Day - November 25th
Good Morning Bermuda by Scott Gemmell and Pulp Fiction by Ampah Tivakam-Hubbard - November 25th to January 4th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball - November 26th
G&S Opera: Siegfried - November 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - November 26th
Church Service for Diabetes at Holy Trinity Church - November 27th
Riddell's Bay Warwick Vase & Ladies Invitational - November 27th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: Tyrannosaur - November 27th
Chakra Workshop - November 27th
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 29th
Meet the Author with Sylvia May – November 30th
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout - December 2nd
2011 KatKids Christmas Market – December 2nd
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - December 4th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th
Bermuda Boat Parade - December 10th
G&S Opera: Satyagraha - December 10th
Christmas Day at Lido (Elbow Beach) - December 25th
New Year's Eve with Dave Bootle (Fairmont Southampton) - December 31st
New Year's Eve at Lido (Elbow Beach)– December 31st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 7th
2012 Bermuda Marathon Weekend - January 13th to 15th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 15th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 21st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 28th