November 22nd, 2011
Thanks to all who attended Nothing to Chew in Bermuda: Asian Feast on Sunday night. I have only just awoken from my food coma but it was worth it! Photos are on the Facebook Page - feel free to tag yourselves! Here are some more upcoming Bermuda events to whet your appetite:
- A quick but important notice to all of you attending the Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Day Ball on Saturday – the venue of tomorrow night's dance practice has been changed from Spanish Point Boat Club to the Police Recreation Club. There is still time to get tickets as long as you get yourselves organised by tomorrow – contact iHind@becl.bm or buy online at www.premiertickets.bm.
- Good news for bargain hunters and philanthropists alike, Gibbons Company have announced that, as of this Friday, November 25th, their Charity Fridays will be held every Friday until Christmas. Simply donate a minimum of $5 to charity and they will give you a voucher to save 20% off all regular merchandise until 9pm – here's the flyer!
- Agape House, in partnership with the Corporation of Hamilton, presents the 17th Annual Tree of Lights, a memorial tree which stands in front of City Hall. The Tree Lighting Ceremony is on Friday, November 25th at 5.30pm and will include performances from Bermuda High School Choir, Joy Barnum, Menuhin Foundation, Bermuda Regiment Band, Bermuda Island Pipe Band and a special appearance by SANTA CLAUS!! Here's the flyer!
- This month's Super Saturday from Masterworks will have their normal free family-friendly arts and crafts, but this time with movie-themed activities from favourites including Finding Nemo, Toy Story, The Lion King and Happy Feet. As usual, this will be from 10am unti 2pm and is free! Homer's Cafe is open too with a special kid's menu for the day so they invite you to make a morning of it and then stay for lunch – here's the flyer!
- To celebrate the end of Movember, Bermuda Bistro at the Beach are hosting a Moustache & Cleavage Party as a fundraiser on Saturday, November 26th. If you haven't noticed all the Burt Reynolds lookalikes who have been wandering around for the past few weeks, please book an optician appointment ASAP, but most of you will be aware of the moustache-growing for prostate cancer awareness that has been going on. The Moustache & Cleavage Party will go from 9pm until late and will include $4 beers and $5 vodkas with $1 from each sold going towards Bermuda Cancer & Health Society. There will also be prizes for best moustache and cleavage – here's the flyer!
- This will get a lot of you excited – a second chance to see Santa this weekend!! The Marketplace Santa Parade will be this Sunday, November 27th and will feature the usual array of floats, performers and free candy! The roads close at 12 noon and the parade starts at 5pm. Here is the poster with the parade route!
- Even more festive fun at the Christmas Crafting Fundraiser at the Lady Asser Brownie Hut in Hamilton from 12 noon until 3pm on Sunday, November 27th. The cost is $10 to participate and is in aid of the Bermuda Islands Pipe Band - here's the flyer!
- The Bermuda Chamber Choir presents Eternal Words, Eternal Music: The Art of Poetry in Song on November 29th and 30th at 7.30pm at St. Paul's, Paget. This concert is directed by Ronald Campbell and will set the works of poets such as Rosetti, Frost, Longfellow, Shakespeare, Shelly, Dickinson and Tennyson to the music of Edward Elgar, Gustav Holst, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Randall Thompson and many new works by 21st century composers. Tickets are $25 for adults, $15 for children and are available from C Travel or Bermuda School of Music – here's the flyer!
- Due to popular demand, Bermuda Docs will have another screening of You've Been Trumped, as part of their Weekend Film Series on Sunday, December 4th. More details are available on their website at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/trumped-again/. Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314.
- One for the francophones, l'Alliance Française cordially invites you to their Christmas Cocktail party on Wednesday, December 7th. From 7pm until 10pm, you can sing Christmas carols with pianist Tony Bari while enjoying a cold buffet of foie gras, Sauterne, traditional ham and other festive treats. The cost is $40 for members or $50 for non-members and includes the buffet and drinks. To RSVP, email Priscillia Robineau at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will then give you directions. Tickets are payable at the door – here's the flyer!
- It can be tough standing out from the competition sometimes but few things can grab your attention and then burrow in your memory like a really great jingle. Whether you want to boost your pre-Christmas sales, or start 2012 as you mean to go on, local musician James Woolf can help with customised music/advertising for radio, TV and internet. To arrange a meeting, contact him at email@example.com or 335-2637. I'm getting a dramatic theme tune made up to play when I attempt reverse-parking!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Hackers Cup: Celebrity Golf Tournament - November 20th to 24th
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 22nd
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 23rd
Thanksgiving Dinner at Lido Restaurant - November 24th to 26th
Denim for Diabetes Day - November 25th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – November 25th
17th Annual Tree of Lights Ceremony – November 25th
Good Morning Bermuda by Scott Gemmell and Pulp Fiction by Ampah Tivakam-Hubbard - November 25th to January 4th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball - November 26th
G&S Opera: Siegfried - November 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - November 26th
Moustache & Cleavage Party – November 26th
Super Saturday from Masterworks – November 26th
Church Service for Diabetes at Holy Trinity Church - November 27th
Riddell's Bay Warwick Vase & Ladies Invitational - November 27th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: Tyrannosaur - November 27th
Chakra Workshop - November 27th
Marketplace Santa Parade – November 27th
Christmas Crafting Fundraiser – November 27th
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 29th
Bermuda Chamber Choir – Eternal Words, Eternal Music: The Art of Poetry in Song – November 29th and 30th
Meet the Author with Sylvia May - November 30th
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout - December 2nd
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – December 2nd
2011 KatKids Christmas Market - December 2nd
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - December 4th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series: You've Been Trumped – December 4th
L'Alliance Française Christmas Cocktail – December 7th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – December 9th
Bermuda Boat Parade - December 10th
G&S Opera: Satyagraha - December 10th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – December 16th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – December 23rd
Christmas Day at Lido (Elbow Beach) - December 25th
New Year's Eve with Dave Bootle (Fairmont Southampton) - December 31st
New Year's Eve at Lido (Elbow Beach)– December 31st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 7th
2012 Bermuda Marathon Weekend - January 13th to 15th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 15th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 21st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 28th