November 8th, 2011
Morning Ladies and Gents!
Alright, alright, I won't waste time waffling, I know what you all want to know about..
So, after being completely flattened by all the crazy weather at the weekend, World Rugby Classic finally starts today! I revised my little World Rugby Classic special from the other week - click here to see the new schedule. Or, you could just look below as I pasted it here too:
- The First Round Matches will be on Tuesday, November 8th and gates open at 5.30pm. The first game is New Zealand vs. the United States (A) at 7.15pm, followed by Classic Lions vs. the Italy (B) at 8.30pm. From 10pm, there will be entertainment in the Tent Tavern from Music Maniac DJ Leigh Hawke. On Wednesday, November 9th, gates open at 5.30pm with Argentina vs. South Africa (C) at 7.15pm and Australia vs. Canada (D) at 8.30pm. More entertainment from DJ Leigh Hawke will be in the Tent Tavern from 10pm.
- Loser A will play Loser B in the Plate Semi-Final on Thursday, November 10th. Hmm..actually, I do not like the term loser – let’s say championly-challenged instead. Anyway, at 8.30pm is the Classic Semi-Final with Winner A vs. Winner B and DJ Leigh Hawke in the Tent Tavern from 10pm.
- The Semi Finals will be on Friday, November 11th. Times still have to be finalised but Bermuda Select will play Montreal Irish at TBDpm. The Plate Semi-Final at 4.30pm will pit Championly-Challenged C against Championly-Challenged D, and the Classic Semi-Final at 5.45pm will have Winner C against Winner D. From TBDpm, there will be live music from the Kennel Boys in the Tent Tavern.
- By the last day, Saturday, November 12th, you can expect to see a lot of ill-looking people who have aged about ten years due to a combination of alcohol consumption and lack of sleep. Gates open at 4pm for 2011 Finals Day. This will kick off with Bermuda Barbarians vs. Atlanta at 5pm, followed by the Plate Final at 6.30pm, the Classic Final at 8pm and then the Farewell Party in the Tent Tavern with the Kennel Boys from 10pm.
Don't worry if you had got your tickets in advance, Sunday tickets will be honoured on Friday and Monday tickets will be honoured today.
- The Members Tent is the premier facility at the Classic. Here sponsors and guests can enjoy sit-down lunches or dinner (depending on playing time), wine with meals, an open bar and seating right behind the goal-line. A limited number of badges are available for the five match days at a cost of $1,125 per person. Daily badges are also available at at cost of $250 for Tuesday and Friday, $275 for Wednesday and Thursday, and $325 for Saturday. For tickets, you can contact the WRC Office on 278-1446 or contact John Kane here.
- The Classic Club membership package entitles you to daily entrance to the National Sports Centre and the Classic Club Tent, a larger tented area with exclusive seating and viewing area, four free drink tokens per person per day, reduced bar prices, and a light supper/lunch (depending on playing time) before the start of play. The daily rate is $150 per person or $250 per couple, except for November 12th when the price is $200 per person or $350 per couple. A 5-day pass costs $650 per person or $1,000 per couple – prices are negotiable for groups of 20 or more. The Classic Club tent is also the facility set aside for the players and their wives to congregate, so you have the opportunity to meet, talk and drink with them. To order, contact Martine Purssell on 298-1220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’d rather just have general admission, daily game passes are $25 or $100 for a 5-day pass and are available now at the Island Shop, Queen Street, Hamilton.
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Brunch at Griffin's Bistro restarts - November 6th
Bermuda Fashion Collective Show - November 6th
World Rugby Classic Week - November 6th to 12th
First Round Matches – November 8th to 9th
Semi-Finals – November 10th to 11h
2011 Finals Day and Farewell Party - November 12th
James Richardson presents The Beautiful Things Concert - November 11th and 12th
Art Walk in the East - November 12th
G&S Opera: Don Giovanni - November 12th
Global Diabetes Day - November 14th
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 15th
Where the Whales Sing - November 17th
Riddell's Bay Indian Buffet Dinner - November 18th
CamBeach Lunch & Learn: In Case of Emergency Break Glass - November 19th
Friends & Family Circle Walk - November 19th
Victory over Diabetes - November 19th
Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda Workshops 2011 - November 19th
Wanda's Night of Divas - November 19th
Nothing to Chew in Bermuda: Asian Feast - November 20th
TORC's Grand Auto-Moto Saloon - November 20th
Upstairs Closet Fashion Show & Tea– November 20th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts: Tickets go on sale - November 21st
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 22nd
St. Andrew's Ball Dance Practice - November 23rd
Thanksgiving Dinner at Lido Restaurant - November 24th to 26th
Denim for Diabetes Day - November 25th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda's St. Andrew's Ball - November 26th
G&S Opera: Siegfried - November 26th
Church Service for Diabetes at Holy Trinity Church - November 27th
Riddell's Bay Warwick Vase & Ladies Invitational - November 27th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: Tyrannosaur - November 27th
Diabetes Month Health Tune Up - November 29th
Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout - December 2nd
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th
Bermuda Boat Parade - December 10th
G&S Opera: Satyagraha - December 10th
Christmas Day at Lido (Elbow Beach) - December 25th
New Year's Eve with Dave Bootle (Fairmont Southampton) - December 31st
New Year's Eve at Lido (Elbow Beach)– December 31st
2012 Bermuda Marathon Weekend - January 13th to 15th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th